Metro Exodus To Be Exclusive on Epic Games’ Store

ResoluteRock

On 1/30/2019 at 4:14 PM, TheYuriG said:

Nah, they are just the oldest. Steam is full of shit in many ways, they need to be taken out of the big pedestal they are on. I'm very happy that more platforms are showing up, with blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, Epic, Discord store. Decentralizing power is always good. Too much power leads companies to be selfish and greedy. See how sony because a shitshow after PS4 started leading against all other systems? Fuck that shit, I ain't having none of that.

I don't personally agree with exclusivity as that is something I always hate regardless of how it's done, but I think I can let this one pass since Epic will give the company a far bigger cut that Steam does. PC people can still buy from Epic if they want the game that bad and they are still probably getting a bigger profit losing some sales while having less overall sales.

I think people just overreact too much about different launchers. I like the idea, personally. If something ever happens to your steam account, you still have games in other places, it's not like you just lost your whole gaming history.

Oh contrare monsier. Battle.net is 7 or 8 years older than Steam. Diablo is older than most forum users on this ste.

I personally have no dog in this race, however, as it is, maybe Epic should be putting money into their launcher and support team instead of buying up ips for timed exclusives. Both their support and ui are shit. Nobody is going to take Steam down, especially when their "competition" are conpanies like Epic.

Just now, Phil said:

Battle.net is 7 or 8 years older than Steam.

Have them been selling various games, like Steam has been doing, for all those years? Because if they had only like 10 games to be bought and played through their network, then no, it's not the same.

56 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Have them been selling various games, like Steam has been doing, for all those years? Because if they had only like 10 games to be bought and played through their network, then no, it's not the same.

They're a drm launcher. They started just like Steam did. Steam and Battle.net started their services with only their ips. Battle.net being Blizzard and Steam being Valve. Steam just surpassed them because they had a better model and idea. You may not like Steam personally, but they are the best drm launcher out there. They got there real fast too. 

I don't see Steam being knocked off their spot any time soon. Apparently, they agree, because Epic's model didn't force Steam to change their's at all. 

I don't see Steam being knocked off their spot any time soon. Apparently, they agree, because Epic's model didn't force Steam to change their's at all. 

Or the market leader doesn't want to overreact at the drop of a hat. The Epic store isn't even 60 days old. Don't expect Valve to retool their model for a store that has just shy of 30(10 exclusives) games so far.

• Like 1

If they get to keep more of their own money just by choosing a specific online distributor over another, why wouldn't they do it? Any other business would. The only thing that sucks is they waited so long to say it. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the reason that they waited this long to say something was due to an agreement with Epic. Giving Metro extra store advertisement, pre and post launch, to make Steam look bad/dated for developers, compared to Epic. Kinda hard to believe that would be the case though because it kinda back-fired if so.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, Phil said:

Oh contrare monsier. Battle.net is 7 or 8 years older than Steam. Diablo is older than most forum users on this ste.

I personally have no dog in this race, however, as it is, maybe Epic should be putting money into their launcher and support team instead of buying up ips for timed exclusives. Both their support and ui are shit. Nobody is going to take Steam down, especially when their "competition" are conpanies like Epic.

Diablo came out in 1996. It's older than a good number of users on this website, but I wouldn't say it's older than the majority.

Many of us are around 30 - 45+ years old.