Blackout Characters

tomsgiraffe

First I gotta say I have mad respect for anyone that got these characters solo without any help, because wow. I bought this game for zombies that was my only reason for getting it. I played a bit of multiplayer and had a decent time with it, and once I got most of the multiplayer and zombies trophies I switched my focus to Blackout. I love this mode. I'm not even that good at it, I've won once in duos, gotten to the final 2 a bunch of times in solo but I just enjoy playing it. Every once and a while I try to get the various characters and have a hell of a time with it. Anyways is everybody else loving this game mode like me? Anybody have any tips for unlocking some of these characters?

Edited by tomsgiraffe
repeat word

1st you need to get good at finding the character items.  Mission items equals chances.  Chances equal eventually unlocking the character.  it's the most important part if you ask me.  Watch some videos of some stash runs to maximize the amount of stash crates you find each match.  Drop in and get a helicopter and chase after supply drops.  Hover low around the edge of the map and when you see a supply drop chase it down.  I found the character unlocks you need to win to get to be easiest in duos.  however, the duo should probably be with someone you know rather than a random.  A good area for starting out is the windmills. 2 stash crates can drop in the windmills and little gray sheds surrounding that area.  People usually don't drop out there so you should be safe enough.   If you have a item that requires a win gear up and try to minimize your engagements until the very end.   If you have a good duo partner it's not as bad as it seems until you have to unlock Reznov.   That is a royal pain in the ass.  Good luck.   

Loving this mode as well.

Even tho Bruno's item is almost non-existant, in my case never seen the Mugshot item, and Reznov is a bitch.

However, Reznov should be easier to unlock in the current gamemode "Ambush", still haven't gotten it but increases the chances highly.

Playing with someone rather than solo also enchances the experience.

16 minutes ago, Mortick said:

However, Reznov should be easier to unlock in the current gamemode "Ambush", still haven't gotten it but increases the chances highly.

It's easier to obtain a sniper rifle but good luck with getting Ushanka hat with everyone hot-dropping there. Especially if you're playing with randoms and you're the only one dropping in Estates, coordinated enemy teams will just mop you up. It's also harder to place Top 2 in Quads than Top 5 in Solo if you're not playing with a good communicating team. The final circle is also a lot clutchier with everyone running around using bowie knifes.

1 hour ago, WarWarWar23 said:

It's easier to obtain a sniper rifle but good luck with getting Ushanka hat with everyone hot-dropping there. Especially if you're playing with randoms and you're the only one dropping in Estates, coordinated enemy teams will just mop you up. It's also harder to place Top 2 in Quads than Top 5 in Solo if you're not playing with a good communicating team. The final circle is also a lot clutchier with everyone running around using bowie knifes.

I've had no problem retriving the hat when it spawns, and killing a full team is way easier with bowie/sniper only imo(around Estates).

However, I always fail to kill someone at 200m+.

I don't play with randoms, that's just asking to be triggered.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mortick said:

Has anyone seen the Mugshot item in Ambush mode? Checked 20+ Supply Drops and only locket wtf

Might be placebo effect, but i'm pretty sure they cycle the drop rate of character items after each update. Just gotta keep playing... 

I'm still missing Reznov, Ambush was supposed to help but oh well

the mugshot is in a supply drop towards the end game, like the 3rd to last supply drop towards the final circle/storm

the characters can be boosted aswell

you can literally join a solo game at the same time as a friend of yours and be paired in the same lobby

and if you get the mugshot, meet up with your friend and melee attack his ass

same for reznov, get the hat and have your friend run far away, and then blow his head off when you think hes 200+ meters away

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

the mugshot is in a supply drop towards the end game, like the 3rd to last supply drop towards the final circle/storm

the characters can be boosted aswell

you can literally join a solo game at the same time as a friend of yours and be paired in the same lobby

and if you get the mugshot, meet up with your friend and melee attack his ass

same for reznov, get the hat and have your friend run far away, and then blow his head off when you think hes 200+ meters away

hi, how do you end up in the same lobby? I tried several times but it never worked ...

2 hours ago, skianta said:

hi, how do you end up in the same lobby? I tried several times but it never worked ...

You and your partner need to click at the same time, and whenever it says matching you need to tell your partner and vice versa, if you're matching at the same time, 99% of the time you're in the same match. 

Once that's clear, you guys need to check the flight path and let your partner know start to finish to see if they're the same.

If not, retry.

11 hours ago, Ghobimon said:

I'll take you on that offer, shoot me a friend request, maybe we can help each other

Added, send me a msg when you'll be available and your location/country.

1 hour ago, Mortick said:

So the question is then, is Ambush's only supply drop, counting as 3rd to last supply drop?

I unlocked all the characters in the standard blackout mode

i wouldnt be able to tell you as far as ambush goes

4 hours ago, skianta said:

Refer to @Mortickresponse

basically, make a party chat with your partner

both of you get in a solo blackout lobby 

deploy at the same exact time

when you get in the staging area

be very clear with eachother where your flight path is, if it matches up then you should be good to go

if it doesnt match, exit and retry

also its good to play as a specific character wearing a specific outfit, just so you dont accidentially kill your parter when you do meet up in game, itll be a solo game so everyones the enemy, you know, least you can recoginze eachother

you can literally do this in duos and quads but its so much easier solo, for pairing up in the same lobby purposes

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently just grinded them all out in about 4 weeks. Gotta say, Reznov and woods are ridiculously hard and luck based. Reznov especially, as the hat barely spawns in, and when it does your match needs to be perfect. Same with woods, as winning is not easy. I also did mason while going for woods and it just happened to be along for the ride. But the rest of the characters i simply grinded out in the portal quads. Was simpler for all the zombies characters and Mendez. Shaw is hard though. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 14/03/2020 at 3:13 PM, Dante_Vergili said:

Any news about Ground War mode?

Blackout hasn’t had any sort of update or rotation since November now. I imagine all development is now on black ops 5. I really doubt ground war will ever come back at this point. 

• Like 3