PS4 User Interface

DrakenSilverwing

Yes, cross game chat was confirmed in the conference.

And yes. the video acting is bad, but ya know. that wasnt the point! lol the app on the phone as well as goin to the store and downloading while in another game is great imo, and i see sooo many uses for the share button now, specially for trophy hunters!

Edited by DrakenSilverwing

Agree with the above. Cheesy video, but cool features. I'm still not clear on this whole real name vs PSN ID thing, because there is no way I'm putting my real name on PSN. I'll have to think of an alias.  :ninja:

Edited by MatCauthon
  • Like 3

The acting was awful.  :|

Also i hope the real name is optional and not required i don't want people to see my name.  :ninja:

Yes it is optional,but i wonder though if you could show your real name to certain ppl and psn id just to others, like maybe facebook like friends can see your real name if ya let em and all.. 

• Like 1

Apparently your real name is for friends only. But how you classify Friends from those on your Friends list I am not sure.

I know that I don't want everyone knowing that my name is really Hugh G Koch. :D

Edited by Nasty_Rory
  • Like 3

i wonder though if you could show your real name to certain ppl and psn id just to others

That's how it works. You can share your real name with a "friend" if they share their name with you. It's opt-in, everyone else only sees your PSN id.

i see sooo many uses for the share button now, specially for trophy hunters!

Abso-freakin-lutely. If I remember correctly, the PS4 will buffer our gameplay so we can stop, rewind, record and upload gameplay at any time.

It's similar to how current game recorders like the Elgato Game Capture HD (which is awesome) function, but it's all supported on the PS4 hardware and won't require an external device.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

That's how it works. You can share your real name with a "friend" if they share their name with you. It's opt-in, everyone else only sees your PSN id.

Good, i was kinda thinking it was something like that, but i just couldnt remember if or when i saw that. thank you for that clarification, so that seems like a good way to do things then, either way i'll still be using this name for everything, like i am Draken Silverwing on every blessed website i have ever been on in the last 10 years or more. lol

Yes it is optional,but i wonder though if you could show your real name to certain ppl and psn id just to others, like maybe facebook like friends can see your real name if ya let em and all.. 

It's good if it's optional and will be better if you can choose who can see your real name, i just don't want people i don't know seeing my real name so yeah an option not to show your real name or choose who you want to see your name is good.