PS4 User Interface

DrakenSilverwing

Agree with the above. Cheesy video, but cool features. I'm still not clear on this whole real name vs PSN ID thing, because there is no way I'm putting my real name on PSN. I'll have to think of an alias.  :ninja:

You will probably be able to choose between you real name and psn id in the settings. 

You will probably be able to choose between you real name and psn id in the settings.

It's optional.

You use your PSN id for the broader PS community, but you can share your real name with a group of "friends" if they share it with you. It's entirely opt-in.

I thought Sony would do better at showing off their PS4, but the video was pretty bad. But I suppose it is trying to depict what they think a PS gamer would be like than making it all fancy and wouldnt be too realistic..

Quick quesiton. Are the videos they show on users profiles are being streamed from youtube, facebook or ustream? Or are they stored locally on your ps4? And how do shared screenshots work?

I like the look of the interface. I just hope it doesn't become saturated with third party social media. 

I thought Sony would do better at showing off their PS4, but the video was pretty bad. But I suppose it is trying to depict what they think a PS gamer would be like than making it all fancy and wouldnt be too realistic..

I think they purposely made it like that. I honestly found the video hilarious, love these kinds of cheesy videos. The interface looks pretty slick.

Quick quesiton. Are the videos they show on users profiles are being streamed from youtube, facebook or ustream? Or are they stored locally on your ps4? 

Videos can be uploaded to either YouTube or Facebook.

Ustream has been promoted as Sony's streaming video source, but that may be for live-streaming rather than shared video uploads.