Are you kidding me?

Hunter226037

This game has extremely ridiculous requirements for 100%. Yesterday I was doing the naval missions trying to get the weakpoints but would only get 2 of the 3 every time. Never had I been so frustrated with an AC game. Finally I got it out of pure luck by ramming into the ships at half sail. Don't even get me started on the minigames and how the AI always happen to know your every move. This game....

EDIT: I got the minigames completed but I am compelled to vent about how much bullshit happens. The Fanorona game in particular seems completely unfair as it is really easy to get into a draw situation until I eventually make a mistake because Im not a computer and lose the game......Fuck this games requirements for 100% Ubisoft should be ashamed of themselves for including so much filler content.

Edited by Hunter226037
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, freaky_45 said:

The minigames at the homestead is the reason i gave up on this plat. The Fanorona game in particular was impossible. I sold this bloody thing before I damaged something it was stressful. 

I'm holding out hope that they reduce the requirements in the upcoming remaster of this game because this is just ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PerryToxteth said:

This game has been out for six years, giving you ample time to look at trophy guides and understand the platinum requirements. Yep, some of the requirements are hard but you can't be surprised at the details when there's a trophy called " Completionist." And really mean that. Do EVERYTHING.

For me, it was rewarding to put in the hours and truly earn the platinum. 

Good luck!

All I have left are the challenges and the minigames. The naval missions were the only thing that really frustrated me, not the main missions I got all those +optional objectives just fine. Getting the weak point exposed on a ship just seemed like completely random bullshit to me.

• Like 1

Nothing should be too frustrating with this game, one of the final naval missions is probably the worst there is. Otherwise some guides can show you some super easy ways for storyline missions if you follow them precisely. The best way to to do the naval missions is to actually not upgrade your ship to do more damage.  The weak spots on a ship become more easily exposed that way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

This game has been out for six years, giving you ample time to look at trophy guides and understand the platinum requirements. Yep, some of the requirements are hard but you can't be surprised at the details when there's a trophy called " Completionist." And really mean that. Do EVERYTHING.

For me, it was rewarding to put in the hours and truly earn the platinum. 

Good luck!

The mini-games aren't too bad.  Play 10-12 times and just work on figuring out a strategy.  Watch how the AI beats you. Then adopt that strategy and execute it. You'll get it no problem! Keep plugging away! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I never bothered to get 100% on this game, because I played it when I was still in my "play games for fun, not trophies" phase. But this was by far the best AC game before Origins and Odyssey, so if they ever come out with a remaster, I'll definitely take a crack at it.

I agree I actually liked Connor compared to a lot of people and I thought the game itself was great. I just wish the 100% requirements didn't make me want to stick my head in a deep fryer.

• Like 4

I think I remember the ship missions but they weren't too bad compared to some of the end-game stuff like having to run through a crowd of people without bumping into anyone.

For the mini-games I remember Nine Men's Morris having a really cheap thing you could do and I'm sure can still do where you download a Nine Men's Morris app and then on the app you act as your opponent does in-game and you act as the CPU does in the game. It works every time funny enough. The only other game was that Checkers like one that you have to do on your own. That one took me a few hours because of the CPU never messing up.

• Like 1

I remember getting the plat on this game and not thinking it was too terrible to 100% it. Yeah, there were a lot of things to do, but after some practice it wasn't too bad to accomplish. It was one of my more favorable games in the AC series (and I know that wasn't the popular opinion). I'll be looking forward to revisiting this game with the season pass from Odyssey on the PS4.

• Like 4

I just recently got the 100% for this game, and honestly, i really really enjoyed it. Yes, i remember one naval contract was a bit of a pain and the completionist trophy a bit grindy. But nothing too bad. The minigames on the other hand i could not win on my own, had to use the AI trick to beat that one:D I would say go for it.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DeathShark22 said:

I just recently got the 100% for this game, and honestly, i really really enjoyed it. Yes, i remember one naval contract was a bit of a pain and the completionist trophy a bit grindy. But nothing too bad. The minigames on the other hand i could not win on my own, had to use the AI trick to beat that one:D I would say go for it.

I will indeed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

I never bothered to get 100% on this game, because I played it when I was still in my "play games for fun, not trophies" phase. But this was by far the best AC game before Origins and Odyssey, so if they ever come out with a remaster, I'll definitely take a crack at it.

You have a pretty unique taste. ? I suppose most AC fans dont share your opinion ^^.

Personally I think AC3 is not so bad but has absolutely no chance against the best games of the franchise ( IMO Blackflag and AC2/Brotherhood)

On the other side, BF is more like a pirate game and probably not a proper AC.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DeathShark22 said:

Since we are already talking, i have the 100% in Brotherhood, Revelations, III and IV. I really enjoyed all of them. What would be the next best game in the series?:) If the AC3 remaster is a bit different maybe i grab Odyssey with the season pass at one point....

I would say AC Rogue is up there as one of my personal favorites.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

to quote OP title ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! this AC was the absolute worst of all of them, ever! you must be the only person on the planet who thinks this ? seriously dude, the gameplay was buggy, the online sucked, and the collectables - don't even get me started! this was the worst post story grind in any game. it's basically 20 hours of "fun" followed by 40 hours of grind.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ShogunCroCop said:

Can't agree and say it was the best pre Origins & Odyssey, think 2 holds that title. Will say it's definitely not as bad as people like to say it is. 

Ubi is doing a remaster of 3, it's coming out sometime this year. 

Edited by Feral
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GoDBoss173 said:

You have a pretty unique taste. 1f601.png I suppose most AC fans dont share your opinion ^^.

Personally I think AC3 is not so bad but has absolutely no chance against the best games of the franchise ( IMO Blackflag and AC2/Brotherhood)

On the other side, BF is more like a pirate game and probably not a proper AC.

I do.  am also not a big fan of Black Flag. One of the things I hated most about AC was the naval battles. AC2 and Brotherhood were quite good, but I love the time period of the Revolution also.

6 hours ago, cam_wick said:

to quote OP title ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! this AC was the absolute worst of all of them, ever! you must be the only person on the planet who thinks this 1f600.png seriously dude, the gameplay was buggy, the online sucked, and the collectables - don't even get me started! this was the worst post story grind in any game. it's basically 20 hours of "fun" followed by 40 hours of grind.

Glitchy, yes..but nothing too game breaking...I think Unity was the worst, not AC3. I had a lot of fun even with the post-game grind. And I am not much of an online player, so I was unaware the online sucked. I know I am in the minority on this, but for me, AC3 is not given enough credit.

5 hours ago, Feral said:

Can't agree and say it was the best pre Origins & Odyssey, think 2 holds that title. Will say it's definitely not as bad as people like to say it is. 

Ubi is doing a remaster of 3, it's coming out sometime this year. 

AC2 was rather brilliant. Ezio was one of the more unforgettable assassins, for sure. BUt I liked how you could leave the cities in 3 and roam the open world/woods, go hunting, etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cam_wick said:

to quote OP title ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! this AC was the absolute worst of all of them, ever! you must be the only person on the planet who thinks this 1f600.png seriously dude, the gameplay was buggy, the online sucked, and the collectables - don't even get me started! this was the worst post story grind in any game. it's basically 20 hours of "fun" followed by 40 hours of grind.

Nope, he's not the only one. Bought the game day 1 and  never encountered any bugs either. And I loved the addition of Wolfpack online.Only got frustrated sometimes because people didn't know how it was supposed to be played or maybe just didn't care to do it right, lol. As for Connor, he's one of my favourite characters in the whole franchise. I'm kind of bummed he never got a sequel where we get to see how he gets the American chapter of the Assassins back on it's feet.

29 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

But instead of wasting time arguing, look at the bigger concept and we can agree - what an incredible franchise by Ubisoft to give over a dozen great games that can please such a diverse fan base. I've never played a bad AC game, there's just some I liked better than others. Yet the ones I didn't find great, millions of others loved; and vice versa.  And that's a credit to Ubisoft for being able to pull in so many fans with such a variety of game settings and situations. 

I completely agree with this.