Are you kidding me?

Hunter226037

@ShogunCroCop, @PerryToxteth, @cam_wick

I will go on the record as saying that Assassin's Creed 3 is my favorite of the games I have played in this series. I haven't played them all; here are the ones I have played:

AC1

AC2

AC: Revelations 

AC3

AC: Rogue

I also thought the 100% for AC3 was grindy but not difficult so /shrug. Either you want it or you don't. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DeathShark22 said:

I just recently got the 100% for this game, and honestly, i really really enjoyed it. Yes, i remember one naval contract was a bit of a pain and the completionist trophy a bit grindy. But nothing too bad. The minigames on the other hand i could not win on my own, had to use the AI trick to beat that one:D I would say go for it.

Do you remember what did you used for the minigames? I'm doing AC3 now and i'm scared of that, lol

Edited by Varhur

AC3 huh? ... Well it's certainly been a long time since I thought about that game ... can't really say I remember anything that caused me much trouble apart from the mini games and a few optional objectives. The rest was mostly a grind of collection almost entirely pointless collectibles, which took a while, yes but it wasn't even remotely challenging, sooo yeah.

The game in itself was .. disappointing. I never really cared much for Connor and as far as can remember was actually a little disappointed I got to play as him instead of his father Haytham as he seemed like a much more complex character. The main story wasn't really good or bad, just kind of meh. All I remember from it is

Spoiler

Washington screwing you over at the end

the Haytham intro part and in my opinion the only really good part of Connors story:

Spoiler

Achilles death

The current time parts with Desmond I actually found very interesting and actually got me little excited for a full Assassins creed game set in a more modern times era ... well until that ending ... god that ending sucked.

The gameplay was alright. Well the combat part at least. Far as can remember it felt very much like the combat from brotherhood and revelations only a bit smoother perhaps. Was still incredibly easy to combo execute everyone so not exactly challenging but fun. 

As for the other major part of assassins creed games (well at least back then I've got no idea how it is now) the parkour kind of sucked? What I mean here is that it felt like the developers spent more time on incorporating the parkour system into the forest areas (jumping around trees smoothly and such) since the in game city's in large part didn't really have a very good flow compared to Ezio's city's, with streets that were often too wide to enable jumping smoothly from building to building.

As far as I can remember it was often much faster to either just run along the streets or in the case of the forests simply ride on your horse.

The world itself was also kind of bland in my opinion. While I initially had high hopes for a game set in the revolution period, the world itself lacked the same kind of charm the ones back in Ezio's games had. The cities themselves as I already said felt kind of bland in my opinion and wasn't that much fun to play around in, but the biggest problem was probably the "open world" forest area between them. Yes it was very but also very very empty as far I can recall. A classic example of quality over quantity or bigger doesn't equal better.

In retrospect the best new mechanic was probably the naval combat, as it clearly paved the way for excellent ship combat in Blag flag but at the time I mostly remember it feeling a little bit tacked on. Not bad but just a little bit too short and perhaps underused. 

The MP may not have been the best of AC mp back in the day but I still had fun with it for a while, simply because it was soo different from most other mp out at the time. Not much else to say really.

And I believe ... that's all?

RANT. OVER.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rune2303 said:

AC3 huh? ... Well it's certainly been a long time since I thought about that game ... can't really say I remember anything that caused me much trouble apart from the mini games and a few optional objectives. The rest was mostly a grind of collection almost entirely pointless collectibles, which took a while, yes but it wasn't even remotely challenging, sooo yeah.

The game in itself was .. disappointing. I never really cared much for Connor and as far as can remember was actually a little disappointed I got to play as him instead of his father Haytham as he seemed like a much more complex character. The main story wasn't really good or bad, just kind of meh. All I remember from it is

Reveal hidden contents

Washington screwing you over at the end

the Haytham intro part and in my opinion the only really good part of Connors story:

Reveal hidden contents

Achilles death

The current time parts with Desmond I actually found very interesting and actually got me little excited for a full Assassins creed game set in a more modern times era ... well until that ending ... god that ending sucked.

The gameplay was alright. Well the combat part at least. Far as can remember it felt very much like the combat from brotherhood and revelations only a bit smoother perhaps. Was still incredibly easy to combo execute everyone so not exactly challenging but fun. 

As for the other major part of assassins creed games (well at least back then I've got no idea how it is now) the parkour kind of sucked? What I mean here is that it felt like the developers spent more time on incorporating the parkour system into the forest areas (jumping around trees smoothly and such) since the in game city's in large part didn't really have a very good flow compared to Ezio's city's, with streets that were often too wide to enable jumping smoothly from building to building.

As far as I can remember it was often much faster to either just run along the streets or in the case of the forests simply ride on your horse.

The world itself was also kind of bland in my opinion. While I initially had high hopes for a game set in the revolution period, the world itself lacked the same kind of charm the ones back in Ezio's games had. The cities themselves as I already said felt kind of bland in my opinion and wasn't that much fun to play around in, but the biggest problem was probably the "open world" forest area between them. Yes it was very but also very very empty as far I can recall. A classic example of quality over quantity or bigger doesn't equal better.

In retrospect the best new mechanic was probably the naval combat, as it clearly paved the way for excellent ship combat in Blag flag but at the time I mostly remember it feeling a little bit tacked on. Not bad but just a little bit too short and perhaps underused. 

The MP may not have been the best of AC mp back in the day but I still had fun with it for a while, simply because it was soo different from most other mp out at the time. Not much else to say really.

And I believe ... that's all?

RANT. OVER.  

Appreciate the review.

5 hours ago, Bullstomp said:

@ShogunCroCop, @PerryToxteth, @cam_wick

I will go on the record as saying that Assassin's Creed 3 is my favorite of the games I have played in this series. I haven't played them all; here are the ones I have played:

AC1

AC2

AC: Revelations 

AC3

AC: Rogue

I also thought the 100% for AC3 was grindy but not difficult so /shrug. Either you want it or you don't. 

Yeah I Agree you either do it or you don't. That doesn't stop me from complaining about things I hate. 

11 hours ago, Varhur said:

Do you remember what did you used for the minigames? I'm doing AC3 now and i'm scared of that, lol

Unfortuantely not, i don´t remember the site, but i think i searched in the threads and guides for the minigame and someone commented the site. I am sure you will find one.

9 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

Appreciate the review.

Eh no problem ? ... although I know a review isn't exactly what you asked for in the first place I saw a few of the earlier post discussing their feelings towards the game in general so I thought I'd share my own. 

Although my overall "review" might seem pretty negative I'd say the game is no where near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. Heck if I had to rate it on a scale from 1 - 10 I'd probably give it a 5 - average game. This coming from a guy who did not care about either the story, main character or even the world in general, I could absolutely see how people might rate it a bit higher if they did love one or all of these things. After all these are more or less completely subjective and as they say one mans trash is another mans treasure 

On 1 February 2019 at 3:54 AM, ShogunCroCop said:

AC2 was rather brilliant. Ezio was one of the more unforgettable assassins, for sure. BUt I liked how you could leave the cities in 3 and roam the open world/woods, go hunting, etc.

Yeah wandering the woods was fun especially since they let you climb trees and run along the tree tops.

Best thing in 3 is rope darts, who doesn't enjoy hanging red coats with them.

Edited by Feral

On 1/31/2019 at 1:24 PM, Varhur said:

Check this board : https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/621796-assassins-creed-iii/64998984

and this : https://www.ign.com/wikis/assassins-creed-3/Original_Gamer

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2019 at 10:15 PM, PerryToxteth said:

This game has been out for six years, giving you ample time to look at trophy guides and understand the platinum requirements. Yep, some of the requirements are hard but you can't be surprised at the details when there's a trophy called " Completionist." And really mean that. Do EVERYTHING.

For me, it was rewarding to put in the hours and truly earn the platinum. 

Good luck!

I completely agree I got this on my old account nidahlee. I think grindy platinums are the most rewarding . 

• Like 1

On 20.02.2019 at 9:12 PM, Zishy said:

I used the Zillion Games Free demo for Fanorona.
http://www.zillions-of-games.com/fixes.html

I used this online site for the 9 Man Morris Game.
https://www.htmlgames.com/game/Nine+Men's+Morris

About the online game - how do *i* play? I don't know where are the options to disable AI vs AI.

EDIT: Nvm, used smartlittlegames.com instead

Edited by Varhur