Best games that don't have a trophy list

On 1/31/2019 at 4:25 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I was just curious. What are some of your favorite games that DON'T have trophies? Mine would have to be.

: Devil May Cry 4

: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

: Soul Calibur IV

I definitely think these games. Along with a lot of others should have had a trophy list. :(

Dmc 4 does have trophys. Ps4 version not ps3

Siren Blood Curse, Vampire Rain, Initial D & Wangan Midnight come to mind, I spent a good bit of time with those. I'm glad Vampire Rain doesn't have trophies in a way though, the xbox achievements included a bunch of online stuff & the game wasn't exactly well received. I really liked the fact you pretty much had to use stealth since the enemies were so overpowered. Great game imo. I also beat the first Uncharted & MGS 4 before they patched in trophies for that & never went back once they did have them. I do wish Railfan & Railfan Taiwan had trophy sets though, I've played through them and there's not a ton of incentive to go back but I would probably do it for those more than anything else since there's not much like them.

It'd be nice if RGG Kenzan had a trophy set but on the other hand IIRC I only played through half the game so it'd end up on my list just like Ishin, a very poor rank & completion when all the English entries are 'A' rank minimum. I don't mind playing games in Japanese but with RGG I actually want to know what's going on & be able to read it, & having to look at a guide the whole time just for that dampens the experience a lot.

• Like 2

Heavenly Sword 

Eternal Sonata (although i played the Xbox 360 version and those achievements were super grindy) 

Genji Days of The Blade (need another Genji game!) 

Folklore 

Resistance: Fall of Man 

I think these games were defiantly in need of a trophy update, but never got them sadly, i am also shocked that BandaiNamco have not remastered Eternal Sonata or Sony made another Heavenly Sword game or remastered the first by this point. 

• Like 1

On 31.1.2019 at 0:09 PM, dell9300 said:

Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy!

Why there’s no PS4 remaster... I will never know ?

Not the trilogy, "only" Tools & Booty. Crack in Time does have trophies.

My list consists of games mostly already named, but some were missing imo:

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Condemned 2

Dark Sector

Darkness

Heavenly Sword

Orange Box (HL series and Portal)

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Resistance: Fall of Man

Silent Hill: Homecoming (but only if y-axis inversion was available)

Edit: The Darkness had already been named, though only once. I'll keep it bold as the game is really underappreciated (like Dark Sector, which is another big shiny hidden gem).

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

The Simpsons Game

I choose this simply from how much I enjoyed the comedy/humour, which is interesting really given the quality of the The Simpsons quality at the time has been declining beyond the show’s eighth season but The Simpsons Game? No way.

All the cutscenes, background character/NPC dialogue and Homer’s hamster-ball ability are among my favourite additions to this game but by far it was the frequent commentary, Simpsons parodies/takes on video game IP’s/popular culture (Grand Theft Scratchy, anyone?) and especially EA’s self-awareness throughout that stuck out to me the most. Did I mention there’s one cutscene where Lisa Simpson predicts the PS4 and Xbox One (which we all thought back during the 7th Console Generation was gonna be called the Xbox 720)?

Edited by RigbySanchez439

1 hour ago, fastflowdaman said:

Orange Box (HL series and Portal)

The Xbox 360 achievement list is horrible for this game, 5 points her 1 point there if there was a trophy lower grade than bronze it would be in the list! haha But great game though and good choice none the less

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If i recall correctly, DiRT & Grid. Really hated that. Also the first two Ratchet & Clank titles for PS3 as some have already mentioned. 

Weird isn’t it... when Sony initially announced trophies I thought that was just a really poor Xbox rip-off. Owning both consoles at the time, I gradually came to prefer trophies over achievements. And now I just couldn’t play a game anymore without trophies. Trophies are inherently meaningless. But at the same time they are not. Weird ?

Edited by Sifferino

• 2 weeks later...

PS3 Exclusives i own that i wish had trophies

Resistance Fall of Man

Dark Kingdom

Heavenly Sword

Ninja Gaiden 1

PS3 games i wish had trophies so i could replay them (did them on Xbox 360) and re-unlock stuff

Oblivion

Clive Barker's Jericho

and probably more that don't comes to mind right now.

Its a shame trophies where an aftertaught after the succes of achievements and not there from the start, because of that i feel its "incomplete" , i was an Xbox guy only during the 7th gen and only played the PS3 from 2016 and up but so many games i played them strickly cause of achievements, always gave a solid motivation to try smaller games and sometimes find something i liked.

LEGO Star Wars/Original Trilogy/The Complete Saga. The Skywalker Saga thing isn't going to be the exact same, I don't think. New LEGO series aesthetics and mechanics are, for better or worse, going to factor in to some degree or other.

Also, it's still a shame that the Episode III game wasn't "remastered" for the PS4 with trophy support along with that host of other PS2 Star Wars games. One of the best licensed games of all time, that... and second only to GoldenEye as the couch multiplayer game of choice around these parts.

Trophy support would've added some much-needed value to some Disney/Pixar tie-in games, too.

• Like 2