SuchRemorse

Best games that don't have a trophy list

44 posts in this topic

Onigiri

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit was a free game that came out for the PS4 last year I believe and I really enjoyed it. It's well worth a download, if you have a few hours to spare.

The Darkness, The Godfather; Don Edition, Resistance: Fall of Man, Ridge Racer 7, Blazing Angels, Lair, Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV and Stuntman: Ignition.

Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan: if it were released in the West (likely in 2009), the developers would have to add trophies. Japanese version would've been left without trophies, perhaps?

Valkyria Chronicles is an interesting case, since the game has a decoration system similar to trophies. The developers could have simply linked the decoration system to achievements/trophies, like they did on Steam/PS4 version. Laziness at its finest. Metal Gear Solid 4 was released before trophies were a requirement, but Konami added support to them in 2012.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:25 AM, SuchRemorse said:

I was just curious. What are some of your favorite games that DON'T have trophies? Mine would have to be.

: Devil May Cry 4

: Ninja Gaiden Sigma

: Soul Calibur IV

I definitely think these games. Along with a lot of others should have had a trophy list. :(

Dmc 4 does have trophys. Ps4 version not ps3

Siren Blood Curse, Vampire Rain, Initial D & Wangan Midnight come to mind, I spent a good bit of time with those. I'm glad Vampire Rain doesn't have trophies in a way though, the xbox achievements included a bunch of online stuff & the game wasn't exactly well received. I really liked the fact you pretty much had to use stealth since the enemies were so overpowered. Great game imo. I also beat the first Uncharted & MGS 4 before they patched in trophies for that & never went back once they did have them. I do wish Railfan & Railfan Taiwan had trophy sets though, I've played through them and there's not a ton of incentive to go back but I would probably do it for those more than anything else since there's not much like them.

It'd be nice if RGG Kenzan had a trophy set but on the other hand IIRC I only played through half the game so it'd end up on my list just like Ishin, a very poor rank & completion when all the English entries are 'A' rank minimum. I don't mind playing games in Japanese but with RGG I actually want to know what's going on & be able to read it, & having to look at a guide the whole time just for that dampens the experience a lot.

Silent Hill: Comecoming
Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Haze

.. it`s all great games without trophies ☹️

Ninja Gaiden sigma

Motorstorm

Resistance 1

Heavenly Sword 

Eternal Sonata (although i played the Xbox 360 version and those achievements were super grindy) 

Genji Days of The Blade (need another Genji game!) 

Folklore 

Resistance: Fall of Man 

I think these games were defiantly in need of a trophy update, but never got them sadly, i am also shocked that BandaiNamco have not remastered Eternal Sonata or Sony made another Heavenly Sword game or remastered the first by this point. 

Definitely Oblivion! I love the elder scrolls games and it sucks that Skyrim and Online are the only ones you can earn trophies in! It also sucks that when Bethesda did the 5th-anniversary edition for Oblivion that they didn't add a trophy list! 

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

1. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

2. Saints Row 2

3. SoulCalibur IV

4. Spider-Man: Web Of Shadows

5. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Just to name a few...

On 31.1.2019 at 0:09 PM, dell9300 said:

Ratchet & Clank Future trilogy!

Why there’s no PS4 remaster... I will never know 😓

Not the trilogy, "only" Tools & Booty. Crack in Time does have trophies.

My list consists of games mostly already named, but some were missing imo:

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Condemned 2

Dark Sector

Darkness

Heavenly Sword

Orange Box (HL series and Portal)

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Resistance: Fall of Man

Silent Hill: Homecoming (but only if y-axis inversion was available)

Edit: The Darkness had already been named, though only once. I'll keep it bold as the game is really underappreciated (like Dark Sector, which is another big shiny hidden gem).

Edited by fastflowdaman

Resistance: fall of man and Motorstorm, a lot of people mention ninja garden sigma well theres a psvita version with trophies

17 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

So damn true 😭

A PS4 Version comes right after Half-Life 3 😂

• Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Should Charlie do Moist Meter, anyone?)
  • The Simpsons Game. Not because of the game itself, rather the enjoyment I got out of the comedy. The cutscenes, background character dialogue, Homer’s hamsterball ability, EA’s self-awareness, Simpsons parodies/depictions of popular media (“Grand Theft Scratchy”, “Medal Of Homer” and “Need For Speedo” for example).

1 hour ago, fastflowdaman said:

The Xbox 360 achievement list is horrible for this game, 5 points her 1 point there if there was a trophy lower grade than bronze it would be in the list! haha But great game though and good choice none the less