Standard "S" Rank with ∞ weapons? TESTED: YES! Use them with no fear

Felcio

51 minutes ago, Platisfaction said:

Well, you need to get an S-rank on standard in order to unlock this weapon, so the question is kinda redundant.

No it is not because you have to do it twice. You can get the infinite ammo weapons on playthrough one, and then use them for the second if you would like, and still get S rank

Edited by FinalFormYT
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FinalFormYT said:

No it is not because you have to do it twice. You can get the infinite ammo weapons on playthrough one, and then use them for the second if you would like, and still get S rank

Good to know. S on standard is very doable (done Leon B within 2 hours) so I'm gonna do Claire B with infinite weapons....

Ok so I self-tested it and yes, you get an S-rank and of course the trophy.

Ps: the infinite knife is useless, lost it on the first zombie, then got mobbed and had to run away! :D Stupid me, I thought it was "infinite" in quantity, not in durability.

I just used the infinite knife for my Leon A S Rank run.

Finished the game in 02:38:33, and I was surprised that I got the S+ ranking.

I saved three times. I don't know if saving too many times will affect it but I did unlock that ranking even with the infinite knife. Will try out on Claire A run-through for S ranking trophy with the infinite knife. I don't know if using an infinite gun will affect the ranking but the infinite knife doesn't.

Edited by KHDelBoy

6 hours ago, KHDelBoy said:

I just used the infinite knife for my Leon A S Rank run.

Finished the game in 02:38:33, and I was surprised that I got the S+ ranking.

I saved three times. I don't know if saving too many times will affect it but I did unlock that ranking even with the infinite knife. Will try out on Claire A run-through for S ranking trophy with the infinite knife. I don't know if using an infinite gun will affect the ranking but the infinite knife doesn't.

My understanding is that time is the only thing that really affects ranking. 

Can confirm above.

Leon A: I just used the infinite knife. Got Rank S+. Three saves. Time is 2:38:33.

Claire A: I used both infinite knife and infinite handgun. Got Rank S. Zero Saves. Time is 2:28:54.

So you can use the infinite weapons and still get the rank S trophies. But if you want the S+ ranking just for bragging rights, don't use any infinite guns. Infinite knife is okay.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 2