Different order than trophy guide suggests?

Maahniac

The trophy guide suggests that the first run should be a collectibles run, but unless collectibles are really hard to miss, I'd hate that. I'd prefer to not be dependant on a guide on my first play through. So does that mean I'll have to play each campaign four times? Or can any of you suggests a different order, where the first run isnt a collectibles run, while still keeping it at 6 playthroughs?

6 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

The trophy guide suggests that the first run should be a collectibles run, but unless collectibles are really hard to miss, I'd hate that. I'd prefer to not be dependant on a guide on my first play through. So does that mean I'll have to play each campaign four times? Or can any of you suggests a different order, where the first run isnt a collectibles run, while still keeping it at 6 playthroughs?

Anything you miss can be done later (with the other character / on hardcore / on speedrun if you're good), just keep a last save to see what files you got etc. Go and enjoy the story first, the map does a good job of marking that there's still stuff to do.

That said, all four campaigns have a few unique collectibles to them. So at the very least, you need to do them once.

A speedrun and a hardcore run can be separate, or you can go for them immediately, but for me it ruins the game. I suggest that leave collectibles for your hardcore walkthroughs, when you're experienced, so the guide will make sense immediately, and besides, on hardcore you'll want to collect everything anyway, maybe just look up the exclusives so you don't have to do it again.

But... do it again for the fun. :D I can see myself not only going for the platinum, but all records and RE.net challenges, it's so good, and fairly short.

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Thanks man! Sounds like a good plan :)

The first passage of course should be for fun, especially if there is a plot and character pumping, trophies can distract from harmony. 2 times you can already bother on trophies. 100% of trophies is difficult, and do you need it? rating, it seems to me better to raise the number of games on with trophies from 50 to 90%. that's cool too.

What I did instead:

1. Blind playthrough as Leon for fun (made a save at the point of no return for later collectibles cleanup)
  2.  Claire A S Rank standard plathrough (mostly the same as Leon's and plenty of time for S and collectibles)
  3. Leon B Hardcore (S ranked it easily)
  4. Claire B Hardcore (S ranked)
  5. Claire B assisted run for frugalist and minimalist trophies (S+ lol)

This got me all the trophies/records in 5 playthroughs and was easily manageable since all 4 scenarios are pretty similar. The trophy guide recommends 6 playthroughs and wants you to use a collectibles guide and play on Assisted on the first playthrough, which sounds awful. 

I felt the same way, went blind through Leon A, and will next go mostly blind through Claire B. I ended up doing Frugalist on my first playthrough with not too much trouble, too. Though I cleaned up all I could before the Point of No Return, I missed two high missables (the raccoon by the croc fight, and the raccoon during Ada). Based on the fact that I wanna keep enjoying the story before I go into "Business Mode" from playthrough 3 on, I made up the following roadmap for myself: 

1. Leon A, Assisted: all miscellaneous trophies, most collectables, no recovery items

2. Claire B, Assisted: all miscellaneous trophies, hopefully all Claire collectables, no item boxes

3. Claire A, Standard: S-Rank, plus any collectables I might have missed in Claire B.

4. Leon B, Hardcore: S-Rank, plus the two raccoons I missed in Leon A

5. Claire B, Hardcore: no need for S-Rank, but I'll be speedy either way and looking out for 14.000 steps if I haven't gotten that yet.

2 hours ago, medenko1975 said:

1. Standard?

Yeah. It's survival horror, so having my first experience be on easy mode would kill the fun.

1 hour ago, EmoKitten4 said:

You can't get s or s+ on assisted.

cWGpMdR.jpg

You can; it doesn't unlock anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EmoKitten4 said:

You can't get s or s+ on assisted.

Ur confirmation?? Either u glitched then or we did because I have also got S+ on assisted

U cant get S, but u can get S+ strangely enough

U dont get anything though for it.

2 minutes ago, jjjkur said:

Yeah. It's survival horror, so having my first experience be on easy mode would kill the fun.

cWGpMdR.jpg

You can; it doesn't unlock anything.

EmoK cant argue with that, well I hope not ;)

10 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Ur confirmation?? Either u glitched then or we did because I have also got S+ on assisted

U cant get S, but u can get S+ strangely enough

U dont get anything though for it.

EmoK cant argue with that, well I hope not ;)

Nope i have been proven wrong. But as you said you don't get anything and the Inf ammo Samurai Edge helps make hardcore a lot more bearable. But i HIGHLY suggest when doing hardcore DO NOT GO FOR HEADSHOTS!!!!! They are a waste of ammo and you will find very quickly that 90% of zombies shrug off headshots. The best thing to do is actually shot them in the leg as 1-3 shots will give a stagger that lasts a good few seconds and if you manage to take a leg off they become mostly harmless as they can no longer chase lunge you.