Rest in Piss Twisted Metal

RedRodriguez87

15 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Notice how David Jaffe hasn't done an AAA PS4 game with Sony.

It's for our best interests if he retires, sames for CliffyB. Both frustrated, failed developers nobody needs anymore.

Sure, they did nice games, but their glorious days are long gone.

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

Expecting something like this to happen at some point:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/over-a-decade-later-twisted-metal-black-online-is-back-online.1159487/

So I can get the online trophies. It really annoyed me not to get this platinum since I've made all campaign trophies back in the day with no infinite ammo glitch or anything. I'm not even living in my hometown anymore and I only have my PS4 with me as of now, that's why I couldn't make it for the last sessions. Damn online boosting ?

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

31 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Expecting something like this to happen at some point:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/over-a-decade-later-twisted-metal-black-online-is-back-online.1159487/

So I can get the online trophies. It really annoyed me not to get this platinum since I've made all campaign trophies back in the day with no infinite ammo glitch or anything. I'm not even living in my hometown anymore and I only have my PS4 with me as of now, that's why I couldn't make it for the last sessions. Damn online boosting 1f629.png

I'm kinda wondering about that too. I mean, people on this site made it work for games like Bulletstorm, a game I LOVED playing, and genuinely wanted to complete but never got a chance to on my current account.

If they hypothetically could make it work the same way for Twisted Metal, it's be legal AND convenient, as it could be done anywhere!

On 2/1/2019 at 6:01 AM, Sergen said:

I can’t say it’s a platinum I’m proud to have. The game’s toxic community at the last minute was joining the remaining trophy hunters frequently just to sabotage their lobbies, what a great way to have people remember the community who wasted their time playing this game. 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:25 AM, POEman553 said:

Not to mention that there are people on Youtube who put out videos about breaking up boost sessions. Those people need to eat the Ebola virus.

First I want to be clear I don't support their actions. If someone boosting is screwing up my game I would make it my mission to wreck them. But I wouldn't join games I knew were boosting to disrupt them. 

But to play devil's advocate, perhaps from their perspective they were preventing "cheaters" from earning a place among people who earned the trophies "legit". Or maybe they don't care about trophies. Maybe they just view boosting in general as a cheat method that they want to prevent, which would make them knights of honor in their cause.

Maybe they think we were the toxic ones. coming and clogging their servers for some stupid trophies in a game we didn't even really enjoy or want to play just so we could have some shiny digital bling. Maybe they didn't like a ton of people joining the servers at the last minute and making connections difficult for them to play the game they love that they've stuck with for years. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

First I want to be clear I don't support their actions. If someone boosting is screwing up my game I would make it my mission to wreck them. But I wouldn't join games I knew were boosting to disrupt them. 

But to play devil's advocate, perhaps from their perspective they were preventing "cheaters" from earning a place among people who earned the trophies "legit". Or maybe they don't care about trophies. Maybe they just view boosting in general as a cheat method that they want to prevent, which would make them knights of honor in their cause.

Maybe they think we were the toxic ones. coming and clogging their servers for some stupid trophies in a game we didn't even really enjoy or want to play just so we could have some shiny digital bling. Maybe they didn't like a ton of people joining the servers at the last minute and making connections difficult for them to play the game they love that they've stuck with for years. 

I will say that in regards to Twisted Metal I believe it is one of the games where boosting is completely justified, because hosting your own lobbies was the guaranteed way to avoid trophies glitching. After some time, I'm sure randoms never joined your hosted lobbies, or if they did then they were probably veterans of the game who wouldn't allow you to make any progress. If you could join any lobby on the game, it would be more fair to be salty about people who boost, because at least the trophies would be doable at any time without worrying about a glitch. 

Some of the most toxic people I've met belong to the trophy hunting community, but from what I saw on Twisted Metal, it's the people who blocked boosts who started the beef with trophy hunters. There are plenty of videos of them making fun of trophy hunters who just started the game and were boosting it and losing matches against them. Trophy hunters didn't have an impact on their game, since you wouldn't have even been in the top 1000 on the leaderboards if all you did was accumulate the stats required for the trophies. 

Their blocking was indiscriminate and against people who never provoked them, I would say anyone who sent hate mail to a blocker was asking for more, but I played with a bunch of people who got targeted by blockers when they never messaged the person who was blocking them. One of the blockers even kept blocking a guy until he paid them $20 to stop doing it... The people who were boosting the game were doing it in their own lobby and not affecting any of the stats for the game, the trophies for the game unlocked by fulfilling the requirements and there's no special tag on a trophy to say they did it without boosting. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sergen said:

I will say that in regards to Twisted Metal I believe it is one of the games where boosting is completely justified, because hosting your own lobbies was the guaranteed way to avoid trophies glitching. After some time, I'm sure randoms never joined your hosted lobbies, or if they did then they were probably veterans of the game who wouldn't allow you to make any progress. If you could join any lobby on the game, it would be more fair to be salty about people who boost, because at least the trophies would be doable at any time without worrying about a glitch. 

Some of the most toxic people I've met belong to the trophy hunting community, but from what I saw on Twisted Metal, it's the people who blocked boosts who started the beef with trophy hunters. There are plenty of videos of them making fun of trophy hunters who just started the game and were boosting it and losing matches against them. Trophy hunters didn't have an impact on their game, since you wouldn't have even been in the top 1000 on the leaderboards if all you did was accumulate the stats required for the trophies. 

Their blocking was indiscriminate and against people who never provoked them, I would say anyone who sent hate mail to a blocker was asking for more, but I played with a bunch of people who got targeted by blockers when they never messaged the person who was blocking them. One of the blockers even kept blocking a guy until he paid them $20 to stop doing it... The people who were boosting the game were doing it in their own lobby and not affecting any of the stats for the game, the trophies for the game unlocked by fulfilling the requirements and there's no special tag on a trophy to say they did it without boosting. 

I was fortunate enough to have no issue boosting this game as I was able to use 3 ps3s and self boost everything. But I have had large issues in other games.

I agree with nearly everything you say here. But I never understand the logic of the part in bold. We're still jacking around in the game they love. It's like stolen valor to them. We don't deserve to come in and wear "medals" we didn't "earn". We are just a bunch of noobs coming in and clogging servers in the last few days it's active. I don't see how that's different than saying it doesn't matter if someone hacks or cheats trophies as long as they dont make a impact on the leaderboards (I don't agree with this btw). There has even been a dispute I can't find right now where the guy showed his position in the leaderboards would fall from like 120000 to like 120020. 

Many people(I'm not calling anyone specific out here) seem surprised that people who dont trophy hunt aren't interested in other people gaining trophies. I remember old call of duty games on xbox where people would make booster busting videos. The rise of griefing and trolling is an unfortunate trend that spans many games. It just always helps to remember that your behavior might be considered "toxic" to others. At least, it helps me keep from throwing a controller through my tv at times. There are no rules against disrupting boosters. They just have a different definition of fun then we do. Even some trophy hunters are guilty of this using main and alternate accounts to keep games trophy rarity lower. 

I'm not condoning what they do. I just want people to understand both sides of an issue. Even if the other side is wrong, I think it's wrong to simply write them off as toxic.  

Also: congrats on the very quick plat time. Impressive to say the least

Edited by clickclick-uhoh
  • Like 3

Damned shame how much of a waste this game managed to be. For all the money that went into it and how much server issues must've hurt sales, it would've been well worth the effort to patch them up a bit, but no, let's just nerf a couple things, then leave all our hard work to fester and rot in the public eye. The core gameplay is pretty fun imo (I still occasionally load it up for bot matches), but at this point, seeing the servers finally put out of their misery makes me feel more relief than anything.

The whole debacle between last minute trophy hunters and session saboteurs comes off to me as a culmination of both groups' rather justified frustrations. For what was once a beloved franchise to many of us, the final state of TM has been nothing short of offensive, not only to fans but the product itself. It became an obstacle to its own enjoyment, and I can't truly be angry with the reasoning behind either side here.

Except the developer of course. Jaffe should change his name to Gaffe, that's all he is anymore.

• Like 2