Tips for Verum Rex?

SMDoS2

I get the purple mecha, I try to follow videos but I still can't get my chain past x15. Got 10million but there's still 2m to go. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong (but I know that I am. I still don't have the trophy after all).

Edited by SMDoS2

I got 14 millions by using the starting mech, not breaking the chain for almost all the run. Always blowing up a canister when enemies nearby and the glass when enemies on it so they die with the laser trap. Also, not getting hit by the final boss give a lot of pts! Focus on the radar so you always know where are the closest ennemies so you dont break the chain. Anyway, that how i did it :)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tinyshade_QC said:

I got 14 millions by using the starting mech, not breaking the chain for almost all the run. Always blowing up a canister when enemies nearby and the glass when enemies on it so they die with the laser trap. Also, not getting hit by the final boss give a lot of pts! Focus on the radar so you always know where are the closest ennemies so you dont break the chain. Anyway, that how i did it :)

By starting mech you mean the blue one right in front of you or the purple one? I've seem many guides saying that the starting one is the blue and I get all confused.

43 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Last I got was 8 billion... then I tried again and got worse.  I mean, it sure is fun, but not sure what I need to do to get a good score, but I assume it's using the exploding trap things for multi trap kills.

Big mood. It was fun the first time but now it's just ridiculous.

Took me also a few tries, but got 15million in the last run.

My tips would be:

- get and hold that chain (but probably not so important, i lost my chain 3 times in the last run and still got 15mil)

- fast clearing time (i had 2:31 and got a bonus, i believe it was a million)

-Use those bomb balls to kill groups

- shoot the glass when electric trap triggers.

Edited by Fuji_tha_Hero

1 hour ago, SMDoS2 said:

By starting mech you mean the blue one right in front of you or the purple one? I've seem many guides saying that the starting one is the blue and I get all confused.

Big mood. It was fun the first time but now it's just ridiculous.

The one left of the starting point, think it was blue ? But to be honest, i'm not sure if it the best mech to use, i only had to do 2 runs to complete this minigame so it might be easier with a different one.

I immidialy went for the purple mech stayed on the left for the most part shot out the glass on the platform above so they couldn't hang out up there and just steadily hit at least 1 enemy between shooting out the balls that explode which keeps them from stringing out elsewhere where I can't hit them and just tried to keep them all in my f.o.v the last 1 broke my mech but I hoped out and got in another and finished him and I got about 15 million on just my 3rd try (2nd try after doing it once for the story) 

• Like 1

1. Jump in the blue and go to the back left and get the purple mech jump down afterwards.

- NEVER use the triangle option. Its slow and can break your multiplier. DONT USE IT!

- Also try to avoid the melee option just spam those lasers

2. Focus on the blue mechs. They are the weakest. If it's taking too long just kill one of those to keep your multiplier up.

3. always keep on eye out on the glass floor and make sure its broken all the time. 

4. Keep on eye out on the tankers. Blow them up when you can.

5. Profit. I managed to get ~16mil after around 5 attempts this way.

I've get it on my first try.

My suggestions are:

1- use the purple mecha, it shots faster than others

2- try to take the kill chain high, to do it make multiple kills with explosions, so every time you see a tank destroy it (many times seems that the enemies were too far but the explosion kill them anyway)

3- i always stay on the left of the arena where there is the ramp with a tank. In that point you can spawn kill many enemies with the tank

4- if there are no enemies near tanks shoot the blue minions

5- i always have the chain during the combat i lose it only during the final boss fight (but at that point i had already 12m points and more)

6- Never used triangle

Good luck guys!

Edited by verorip

Get a very high chain, watch powerpyx's video on youtube. Notice towards the end of the video there is a moment where if you have a high chain, you can blow up one of the tanks and kill the little flying robot. That little robot with a high chain = tons of points. That was literally the only thing stopping me, once i realized how much points it gave, i ended up doing it on the first try.

Those tips have not helped me so far. I get higher points with the starting mech. Any other suggestions?

EDIT: I love complaining about game frustrations on the Internet. I got the trophy with using the starting mech. I think I got lucky. The last m ch was trapped in the electric pit, and I was able to whittle him down and blast him with one of those big canisters 

Edited by Edunstar84

The way I got mine done: 
- Get in the Starting Mech

- Dash onto the glass and punch kill a lot of the mechs until you get to the other side

- Shoot the gas tank to blow up all of the mechs

- Turn around and shoot the glass out and hope for a Zap Bonus

- When you fall down, dash across the map to the nearest gas tank with enemies and blow that up

- Turn around and shoot the glass again and kill any mechs that fall and hope for a Zap Bonus (typically this starts the second phase)

- When the second phase of the fight starts, ignore the small prime mech and try to damage it by blowing up gas tanks near it

- Combo kill prime mechs the best you can either by blowing up gas tanks or killing them rapidly and using the weaker mechs as combo extenders if you don't kill prime mechs fast enough

- If you manage to kill the small mech, you get 99999 x bonus

- Once you kill enough of them, the final boss shows up. Kill him and not get hit (it's actually pretty easy to do). If you did all the above, you should pretty much already have the 12 million by the time this boss shows up. If you don't, you should be around 10 million and the final tally will put you over.

Once you're done, you'll have between 14 million to like... 20 million points. 

The trick is, honestly, abusing your thrusters and just getting combos off of the prime mechs by either chaining them or killing them with the gas tanks. Every gas tank kill is 10000 x 2 and multiplied by your chain bonus against the prime mechs. Each phase is based on how many mechs you kill, so killing the primes is really important.

Verum Rex isn't really all that bad. Just boost dash a lot and get to the next kill as fast as you can.