Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

2 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

The first time I did Inksplosion I struggled with it because of the epilepsy being beamed directly into your eyes.

Yeah, I suck at Inksplosion. 

3 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Bridge Constructor

ah, I couldn't do Bridge Constructor Portal without a guide :( 

3 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

The first time I did Inksplosion I struggled with it because of the epilepsy being beamed directly into your eyes.

This. However I'm not good at twin stick shooters all that much either. struggled a few days on it. then one night just got a good combo and score and it was done lol.

EDIT: for me, they're hard as in it's a major chore to get through, ANY Visual novel or point and click. I have a few plats from such type games like Grim Fandango and Day of Tentacle, but I also avoided such others as Psycho Pass Mandatory Happiness, Danganronpa (I hear good things but still), and Broken Age.

also walking sims, 100%, or Plats like Firewatch, Everybody's Gone to Rapture. just so uninterested in them.

Edited by LegacyJKO09
reasons

Squareboy vs. Bullies comes to mind. Most of the game was a challenge but doable. The stage before the final boss however, is an insult to anyone who believed others saying that this was a REAL easy platinum.

I never continued to platinum Teslagrad (look at my trophies!) but my brother has the platinum on his account. I was watching him play as he was having troubles with some of the bosses. Afterwards he couldn’t understand why players made it out to to be so easy. “Finding all of the collectibles for a platinum trophy doesn’t sound so hard, does it?”

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

Same goes for the Cocoa Lentils trophy in Sir Eatsalot, been trying for several days and the bats always get me.

I know for a fact that this is going to get patched, but still...

Are you playing on the Vita? If so, turn the Vita upside down! It worked better for me!

I concur with Sound Shapes and Inksplosion, the first for its pure randomness, the latter for the random weapons you get. More often than not I got a slow crappy one and got hit. I barely was able to finish the PS4 version, but had to quit the Vita version. Even worse, I formatted my Vita to prevent the trophies to be able to sync...

Also Spiral Splatter, the time limits are tight, but somewhere in the middle I saw fast rotating obstacles and just thought "no".

Other games that come to mind are Octodad on the Vita, those controls are ridiculous. I know, thats what defines that game, but on Vita I found it to be unplayable.

Current game that surprised me was Cars 3. I had the impression that it's not too difficult, but the time and stunt trials are imho quite challenging. I'll leave that for "later"

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

• Spyro games - known for easy difficulty, I died too many times to agree, constantly landing in water (1st game) and constantly being harassed by enemies.
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - another easy "childish" game where I died so many times, mostly because you're a one-hit-point wonder most of the time and the controls were sometimes very annoying and unreliable. Boss Clockwerk was painful with the lack of checkpoints and nobody complained about the difficulty under video on Youtube.
  • Owlboy - was even criticized by some people as too "casual", despite several sections requiring a lot of tries to execute correctly. Especially the cannon minigame.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - the first game that I've decided to change difficulty to easy, I admit it kicked my ass on normal many times on first playthrough.
  • Like 1

Sound Shapes - Death Mode killed it for me. It's an otherwise very easy game that is infamous for it's autopopping (cloud sync) and stacks. Probably the first game that was considered a "trophy whore" game by some trophy hunters.

It didn't even bother me about autopopping the trophies after I beat Death Mode. It's awful RNG and most of the time you're probably going to have to restart the levels until they work in your favor.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - I bought this game before it went on Playstation Plus. Horrible trophy list with some asinine trophies like stand still for a while, move backwards, find all the back roads (shortcuts), etc.

Easy with a guide, but don't expect to have too much fun for this game. Would of been an okay walking sim if not for the trophy list. It was difficult getting used to the slow movement.

Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - Unskippable cutscenes, a crappy voice for Carmelita, unnecessary characters to pad the game, and challenges that had you replaying portions of the story with increased difficulty. A certain section underwater involving a certain slick character pissed me off and took me several attempts to get past.

Most challenges weren't hard, but a couple in particular proved a bit tough. The Vita version was more difficult due to the slightly lower FPS and just as annoying. Much of the game however is fairly easy.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

I’m sure there are others, but the one that I thought about immediately was Super Time Force Ultra. The campaign was really fun and I definitely recommend this game, even if you aren’t going to platinum it. It’s very fun and original, but it takes skill. Some of the main levels gave me trouble, but I was still able to beat the campaign. The platinum blocker for me were the HellaDeck levels. They deserve the name. People say “they are easy, if you follow a video guide”. Well, watching a video may help a little, but those levels are just skill-based to their core and from a certain point on, all of them becoming really hard, so if you are struggling with them, it just becomes frustrating and annoying. My progress in this trophy list was actually going pretty well, but the HellaDeck levels were more than I could bear.

• Like 1

The Sims 3 Pets: - Incredibly grindy, buggy, and slow. This was a pain to get through and I lost a save file in the process. Probably the worst port of a PC game to a console I've seen in a long time. 

• Like 2

League of Evil. It wasn’t actually that difficult, maybe a 4/10, but what made it seem easy was it’s platinum rarity currently sitting @ 58.04%! Every other game with a rating about 50% that I’ve played has lived up to it’s percentage, but this game took me by surprise a bit. 

Sound Shapes. Wouldn’t exactly call it difficult, but Death mode can get pretty frustrating when luck just doesn’t seem to be at your side. It’s all about persistence though, eventually the nodes will favour you! The longest I spent on a level was one hour straight - Galaxanoids... Again another deceptive platinum rarity (PS3 version).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Carol said:

I’m sure there are others, but the one that I thought about immediately was Super Time Force Ultra. The campaign was really fun and I definitely recommend this game, even if you aren’t going to platinum it. It’s very fun and original, but it takes skill. Some of the main levels gave me trouble, but I was still able to beat the campaign. The platinum blocker for me were the HellaDeck levels. They deserve the name. People say “they are easy, if you follow a video guide”. Well, watching a video may help a little, but those levels are just skill-based to their core and from a certain point on, all of them becoming really hard, so if you are struggling with them, it just becomes frustrating and annoying. My progress in this trophy list was actually going pretty well, but the HellaDeck levels were more than I could bear.

STFU has a platinum rarity of 2.55%. Sure it’s been on PS Plus making it easier than the rarity suggests but I don’t think this is considered an ‘easy game’. Speaking of which, surprised nobody has mentioned Crash Bandicoot yet. Stormy ascent took me quite some tries.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

God Of War (2018) I hated the gameplay changes they made (I'm still not a fan but it's bearable) and I had a really hard time with the game at the beginning. I kept dying again and again until I farmed a good set of equipment and then I found the game too easy because I was overpowered... Nonetheless, I had a really hard time getting used to the new gameplay and I really don't understand the 4/10 (I would personnally rate it 6/10) of difficulty in the guide.

Most of the time I feel like the guides are overrating difficulty but GoW was definitely not one of them. I guess I just suck with slow paced gameplays in general ?

Edited by itachi-destroyer

18 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

STFU has a platinum rarity of 2.55%. Sure it’s been on PS Plus making it easier than the rarity suggests but I don’t think this is considered an ‘easy game’. Speaking of which, surprised nobody has mentioned Crash Bandicoot yet. Stormy ascent took me quite some tries.

Usually, I see STFU mentioned as an easy ultra-rare platinum. People say “if you watch a video guide, it’s easy”. Videos, usually, help me a lot in most games, but STFU is one of the rare cases that watching a video didn’t help me much, at least in the HellaDeck levels, due to how skill based they are.

On the other hand, a game like “Styx: Master of Shadows”, also has an ultra-rare platinum, but it isn’t that hard. You just need the motivation necessary to do all the work that the platinum requires.

Sound Shapes is definitely one for me, every now and then I go back and try a random death mode level for awhile until I eventually give in and decide I could be playing something less frustrating.

Other than that there's Uncharted, I'll admit I haven't dedicated anywhere near enough time to this franchise as I should have yet. However the few attempts I've had have left me reducing the difficulty multiple times and seemingly struggling a lot more than I should or others seem to have. 

Alas, persistence will get me through them eventually; once the backlogs been hindered.

• Like 1

Two games come to my mind:

Sound Shapes as others have said. I finished it twice for the Plat and Death Mode sucks. It's just luck not skill.

The other one is Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I wrote about it in another topic before (Plats i'll never get). Only thx to the Paul Phoenix Glitch i could lv up a character higher than 13th dan while 30th dan was required for a trophy. With Kazuya or Hwoarang i couldn't beat the AI on that dofficulty anymore (at least i think that the difficulty scales up with higher dans)

• Like 1

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - I heard how everyone claimed to be piss easy on Uber difficulty. Hell, i might actually agree if there was not the final boss. I must died there about 30 times before beating it by camping. And those fucking challenge maps on gold were so frustrating i rage quitted the game for some time.

God of War(original) - The Challenge of the Gods. as if those challenges not saving was not bad enough, all of them were long and annoying. And in the one where you had to fight about a hundred medusas, i actually thought the game glitched, because they just kept spawning.

• Like 2

Good question.  Don’t have an answer jumping out at me but I will say NBA Playgrounds and NBA Playgrounds 2.

Both very doable but the challenges in the first and the 3-point contest in the second are trickier then you’d expect. 

Edited by djb5f

8 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Terminator Salvation

Also, is there a thread for the opposite of this? I sometimes love to shit on the so called 'prestigious' completions that are nowhere near the difficulty people love to make out (games with dated reputations like WipEout and NGS2 for example). And don't get me started on Dark Souls... -_- 

Good point on Terminator :)

And for the 2nd paragraph: i think such topic exists: Brag About Your (UR?) Plats (or very similar)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

9 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

I've only tried the vita ones so far. Started with the batman ones and now on jurassic world. Once this is done never again! 

That's a shame, you're missing out by not trying Lego Ninjago (Vita and PS4 were fun), and Lego Avengers for PS4, though Lego Chima on Vita is easier than all the Lego games, since you don't need 100%. 

8 hours ago, sashamence said:

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - another easy "childish" game where I died so many times, mostly because you're a one-hit-point wonder most of the time and the controls were sometimes very annoying and unreliable

While I think your description of Spyro is way off, I do agree on Sly Cooper. I've tried the first game numerous times, and I just hate it. 

• Like 2