Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

funny the op mentioned alteric, i got a mate who has struggled for 6 months to do it xD

i don't know how someone could struggle with puzzle showdown when you lets you know the right place of a piece. get the good contrasting color puzzle and its simple.

bridge constructor and bc portal: horrific physics and very inconsistent.  definitely a pain in the ass with a guide. patterns are the same and random stuff just fails fo no reason after it survived multiple waves of cars.

the only tough easy game i personally played skill wise is inksplosion. no way shape or form is that a 2/10 imo.  keep in mind, i never played any old school arcade games like that before, so im sure that factors in. its just not the mindless plat it's made out to be, you actually need to work for it.

Alteric is super irritating,and Save the Ninja Clan alludes me to this day.  I just don't care enough about it to finish it on the PS4.

One that I think I'll never get is Eekeemoo though.  That game just sucks, imo, and my tolerance for bad games for trophies burnt out on Black The Fall.  Eekeemoo has really bad combat, the world is extremely bland and the hit detection is a mess.  Now, I've only made it half way through the first world, so for all I know, the rest of the game is operatic.  I doubt it though.

Sounds Shapes's stupid death mode is nonsense.  I think I did one or two of them, but I didn't like the game enough to really bother getting good at it (see what I did there?  I called the game nonsense because I had an issue outside of the game.  What a card, am I right?)

Edited by willythom88
  • Like 1

Old Man's Journey.  Yea, I know a 5 yo could probably knock this game out in an hour.  Me, never.  It is the train trip; you have to keep moving the tracks up or down so the train doesn't stop.  I don't know if it is my controller, joystick or just me, but I get almost to the end and fail.  Probably the most frustrating game in my backlog.

Rogue Legacy-easy? Those alt boss battles are something else entirely. Then there is the die no more than 15 times run....

God Of War. 95% of trophies are easy then the challenges and later versions which added difficulty specific trophies can rot somewhere far away. Kratos is a god and even when he isn't he should be op. Yet on higher difficulties he fights like a pig farmer.

Prince Of Persia and Far Cry 2. So frustrating both games and annoying. FC2 obviously has the hard as nails online but the sp trophies are fairly standard. Game is so hostile to the player its annoying rather than immersive.

Interesting, maybe I'm the only one that didn't get crazy with that collectible in Teslagrad, of course is difficult but it's entertaining, in the other hand that collectible where you have to make a diagonal upward Mario Bros in drugs jump, that one I hated it. Well, my old and clumsy hands didn't help me either.

Death mode in Sound shapes is not easy but the thing is, you can try hundred times in less than 10 minutes, it's not like when you have to kill a boss spending more than 20 minutes and you failed and there was no checkpoint.

In both cases you need patience, but in Death mode at least I can take pauses constantly to release the stress.

• Like 1

Terminator Salvation is suppose to be an easy plat. Just play the game on Hard.

But....the AI is terrible and hinders you and the save spaces in some very hard areas are spaced apart to far away sometimes. Took me almost 2 months to finish it.

Also....use two controllers it's almost impossible to play with just one.

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

Cabela's African Adventures - thought a bit, and this is definitely one.  absolutely mindless getting all but one trophy. you need ot go through 2 gates of a shooting gallery and kill every animal. the graphics arne't great, so the black birds are hard for me to see when in front of trees and the controls are insanely sensitive making it hard ot hit the animals. the ps3 version came w/ a gun, which i'd imagine makes it much easier than the ps4 version w/o a gun.

Recently I had a bit of a hard time with Kaiji VR: The Nightmare Bridge. The 'controls' involve very slowly moving forward with the analogue stick while being constantly interrupted by the need to balance, which is done by tilting the controller until the vibration subsides. I have vibration turned off normally, & even after turning it on I just couldn't get a feel for it & kept falling off. Eventually I started looking at my in-game hands and that helped for some reason. Two trophies were very buggy so I had to reply the 2nd section a bunch of times & the whole thing was so fucking horrible. I've got a feeling years down the track I'll still think of this as the worst PSVR title. 

The only common plat I really struggled a bit with though was Hello Kitty Block Crash. Definitely the shittiest import I've done (makes Yuki Yuna look like a masterpiece). It's a game like breakout or arkanoid except they force you to use all of the Vita's dumbarse alt control schemes. Some of the levels have blacked out bits & you have to light them up with the back touch pad (sounds GREAT that doesn't it!?) while playing. You also have to S-rank all the levels & I swear that turtle boss took me a couple of hundred goes. I can't believe a bit over 50% of people actually bothered to complete this! It's an insult to block breaking games.

I see several mentions of Inksplosion, the first time around I didn't realise you could slow time down until I was just about done so it took much longer than it should have, then immediately after I stacked the Vita version before it was patched which was a slide-show. Later on down the track, during what must have been some kind of indifferent style depression I did a third stack & again forgot about the slowdown mechanic but got it done in under 20 minutes anyway. Each time I wondered what i was thinking, this game is so bad. It's hep-c on a pick.

Similar thing with Energy Invasion, did most of it before I realised I could use the analogue stick. Second time around I remembered but the game is so bland and just not good at all. I had to keep walking away & could only stand doing bits at a time. 

Nice to see Sir Eatsalot get a mention. That game was a total shit. The last thing I want to do with my delicate little vita analogue sticks is spin them 360 degrees. I don't ever want to do that motion in a game outside of fighters. I remember first seeing this in Mario Party & thought it was thrown in there to get people to wear out their N64 controllers prematurely so they'd buy new ones. 

Special fuckoff to the Asian region ps4 version of 36 Fragments. I didn't know at the time how buggy the trophies were & did that speedrun so many times with no trophy before looking it up & finding out I had to close & open the game again every time I wanted to earn something. 

Also I didn't have trouble getting the trophies, but Tachyon Project was so fundamentally piss-poor in every conceivable way that it actually made me angry while I was playing, even though I was doing well. That became my new criteria for what constitutes a truly bad game: One where you figure out all the tricks, do well & yet the game still feels like trash.

On 1.02.2019 at 9:53 AM, phantomfear9494 said:

I found deployment quite "hard" for an easy completion, just didn't really understand the mechanics. InkSplosion took me longer than the guides, but they were pretty easy still.

AAA wise, most roadmaps have Prey at a 3-4/10. I personally found it quite a tough game, the no upgrades run was pretty brutal even after I dropped the difficulty down. 

Prey was created by the Arcane Studio, they developed Dishonored. Prey is basically a Dishonored 3.0. I'm pretty sure that playing Dishonored before makes Prey much easier.

On 01/02/2019 at 8:43 PM, Armored Squirrel said:

That's a shame, you're missing out by not trying Lego Ninjago (Vita and PS4 were fun), and Lego Avengers for PS4, though Lego Chima on Vita is easier than all the Lego games, since you don't need 100%. 

Are they really any better than the rest though? The ones I've played so far are pretty much the exact same game over and over again with different franchises lol. 

25 minutes ago, freaky_45 said:

I struggle and have never finished Little Adventure On The Prarie. I've seen guides and videos and just can't do it. Bridge Constructor was ridiculous. I followed guides and it was slightly different to what was on my screen so I had to do hours of trial and error. 

It is difficult for the case you  do not use a trick. I do not know if I remember right, but the trick is to jump on the enemies head and attack them, while they cannot attack you. Without this trick it is in my opinion impossible

14 minutes ago, T-100 said:

It is difficult for the case you  do not use a trick. I do not know if I remember right, but the trick is to jump on the enemies head and attack them, while they cannot attack you. Without this trick it is in my opinion impossible

Yeah, I did that and they still kicked my arse every time. 

8 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Are they really any better than the rest though? The ones I've played so far are pretty much the exact same game over and over again with different franchises lol. 

Well, while I definitely won't recommend Lego Marvel Super-Heroes 1 (the racing is atrocious) or Lego Batman 3 (the voice acting is HORRIBLE, and the game is buggy for some minikits), Lego Ninjago and Avengers are worth trying out, indeed. I loved Avengers so much I have it for both PS4 and PS3 (just need to get around to playing my PS3 one of these days lol). Ninjago has so many different moves, characters, and objectives, it's a pretty fun game. Lego Dimensions can be nice if you have a little cousin or family member around to play coop with, since you can play as so many different characters (collect 'em all!), but the DLC would be expensive to complete. 

A easy game for someone can be hard for someone else and the opposite. I truly hate and probably will never plat all the the "easy" Sly games as I hate the stupid movement of the characters. But I've finished a ton of platformers on the Nintendo world since the N64.

Most of the times it depends on how much you enjoy the game and go along the right way to finish it. There could be people who'll probably find My Name is Mayo as hard... You'll never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Armored Squirrel said:

Well, while I definitely won't recommend Lego Marvel Super-Heroes 1 (the racing is atrocious) or Lego Batman 3 (the voice acting is HORRIBLE, and the game is buggy for some minikits), Lego Ninjago and Avengers are worth trying out, indeed. I loved Avengers so much I have it for both PS4 and PS3 (just need to get around to playing my PS3 one of these days lol). Ninjago has so many different moves, characters, and objectives, it's a pretty fun game. Lego Dimensions can be nice if you have a little cousin or family member around to play coop with, since you can play as so many different characters (collect 'em all!), but the DLC would be expensive to complete. 

Yea I'm not gonna be doing that lol. I know how popular they are but the Lego games really ain't for me at all. I just find them boring and a chore to finish now. Wish I'd never started this latest one. Just something to do bored in work basically. I'll just get the rest of them on ebay and get a fair few quid out of em ? 

Wanted: Weapons of Fate - The mounted turret section was frustrating.

Sigi: A Fart For Melusina - I'm shit at side-scrollers these days, and having it timed wasn't helping.

Sky Scrappers - I ended up shouting and swearing at the TV because stupid dumb shit fucking shit shit fuck shit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

I just find them boring and a chore to finish now

Yeah, I understand. Stories can take a long while to finish, and then you have the 200+ gold brick finding lol. That said, Lego Chima is probably one of the quicker ones just because it doesn't require 100% completion!

36 Fragments of midnight,     Bought this game to participate in an event, it was cheap (03 $), with a completion percentage of 80%, and God, this game is freaking difficult, annoying and frustrating, there is an effing speed run trophy that drove me mad, and everyone is claiming it to be easy, but it was not, at least was not for me, maybe I suck at platformers, or maybe the Vita version is more difficult

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hsn963 said:

36 Fragments of midnight,     Bought this game to participate in an event, it was cheap (03 $), with a completion percentage of 80%, and God, this game is freaking difficult, annoying and frustrating, there is an effing speed run trophy that drove me mad, and everyone is claiming it to be easy, but it was not, at least was not for me, maybe I suck at platformers, or maybe the Vita version is more difficult

I played that game as well. I did ps4 and vita. The vita version WAS slightly more difficult. I think it's just the controls. I always find the duel shock to be easier to play games with than the vita. Needless to say. I didn't enjoy either version very much lol

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:09 PM, readytofuky said:

Nice to see Sir Eatsalot get a mention. That game was a total shit. The last thing I want to do with my delicate little vita analogue sticks is spin them 360 degrees. I don't ever want to do that motion in a game outside of fighters. I remember first seeing this in Mario Party & thought it was thrown in there to get people to wear out their N64 controllers prematurely so they'd buy new ones.

Damn. This game is on my wishlist and I've been eagerly looking forward to playing it but now you have my worried. Is the wear it does to your analogue sticks really that bad? I don't care how good a game is. I'm not breaking my Vita for it.

For me it was the Gravity Rush 1. For the lift of me I can't get the last race done for long time. There must be at least twice I managed to land on the final ship but unable to re-orient the character to run to the end point, which is only about 10 steps away...

Sound shape is frustrating as well. I platted that game on a cruise trip which I had hours to throw to that game....

• Like 1