Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

11 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

I’d have to say Goat Simulator. More specifically, acquiring the trophy for getting 10 points on that flappy bird clone mini-game is definitely a lot harder than it sounds. ?

I think for trophies like this people attempt it a few times and just get frustrated and tilted and make themselves worse at it.

You just gotta get zen about it. Put on a podcast or some music, sit down and accept that you’re going to be at this for a while. And then just keep at it.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, Neocarleen said:

I think for trophies like this people attempt it a few times and just get frustrated and tilted and make themselves worse at it.

You just gotta get zen about it. Put on a podcast or some music, sit down and accept that you’re going to be at this for a while. And then just keep at it.

Great advice! Might try that next time a trophy gives me grief.  I was eventually able to get this trophy but it was not a zen experience ?

Color Guardians. I'm stuck on the final boss for like 5 hours, and still no luck on beating it. There's a trophy for beating the boss on the first try without reloading from the checkpoint in the middle. That is just hilarious, doubt I'll ever platinum this "4/10" game.

Edited by JustPh3nom
  • Like 1

Spiral Splatter - Whoever said this was easy must have the best hand/eye coordination known to man.

Alteric - If you played this, you know the level.  Took me hours on just one level. All the rest were easy.

Gryphon Knight Epic - That hard run was a beast and the checkpoints are not fair.

Severed - That one trophy, you know the one...

55 minutes ago, JustPh3nom said:

Color Guardians. I'm stuck on the final boss for like 5 hours, and still no luck on beating it. There's a trophy for beating the boss on the first try without reloading from the checkpoint in the middle. That is just hilarious, doubt I'll ever platinum this "4/10" game.

You can pause the game to know where to go on that boss.

Edited by JNSpradlin

I have Nights of Azure that I basically just have two arena battles left to do before getting the plat that I have a hard time winning them. The other two trophies I'm missing from that game are just grinding trophies I need to work on. There's also Utawarerumono, which is kinda silly why I'm not getting the remaining few trophies missing.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, vanillamoose said:

I’d have to say Goat Simulator. More specifically, acquiring the trophy for getting 10 points on that flappy bird clone mini-game is definitely a lot harder than it sounds. ?

I got that plat done in about 7 hours on the same day, and about half of that time must have been on that one trophy. Even by the standards of flappy bird clones the hitboxes are broken and random. I sat there for about two straight hours attempting this in the end before getting it. 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, Dorroile said:

Suicide Guy. The game itself is braindead easy, make no mistake, but what made it difficult for me was the fact that it gave me severe motion sickness that left me feeling nauseous for hours afterwards. Which is weird, because i never get motion sickness from games, usually.

I felt like that on Star Wars Bounty Hunter or whatever it's called. Played it for about ten minutes before I had to stop and I'm just like you in that I've never had issues with motion sickness for anything. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:11 PM, Lorajet said:

Old Man's Journey.  Yea, I know a 5 yo could probably knock this game out in an hour.  Me, never.  It is the train trip; you have to keep moving the tracks up or down so the train doesn't stop.  I don't know if it is my controller, joystick or just me, but I get almost to the end and fail.  Probably the most frustrating game in my backlog.

I was going to post about the same... I also fall into the 17% of people who cannot get this trophy done... it such an annoyance

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the times I got frustrated with a trophy I often look back and realise what a tool I was. 

My biggest 'DOH' moment was on Yakuza Kiwami. Now for what I was doing didn't get a trophy as such but I need to do the car chase section in order to complete the game on legend and get that trophy. It took me 32 very long and frustrating attempts to do, then on the 32nd attempt I did it without taking hardly any damage. Not because of experience, but because I just paid attention to what needed to be done. 

Its happened a few times and you realise yes it could have been tough, but it actually only took you a few attempts to do. I think a lot of it can come down to if its long winded requirement or not. I'm currently playing Infamous First Light and again the requirements for certain trophies can take around 20+ minutes per attempt. Fail once or twice and it can feel like you've been at it for hours lol. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:29 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Save the Ninja Clan: 58% on EU. It was a challange but doable

Yeah still haven't found the time to go back to that piece of shit :D "10 levels without dying" annoyance with all the new projects i've been starting...

On 2/1/2019 at 9:18 AM, T-100 said:

Orc Slayer: the game is such awful, bit some mechanics increase the difficulty like no checkpoints, magic attacks, which damage you a lot and the not undestandable end fight. It is doable, but I played it very slowly to avoid to die at the end of a level.

That plat was the most horrible 2 hours of my life, thank god I managed it in one go.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, Myu said:

Sound Shapes' death modes with their randomness.

Color Guardians. I haven't finished it yet and I still regret ever playing it.

Sounds Shapes had some tough levels for sure! Color Guardians wasn't all that bad to be honest excluding the one trophy where you had to beat the last boss level without dying but you can exploit your way and glitch the boss so it doesn't pose that much of a threat. Well the game is just horribly boring but it's not super long. I see you still haven't completed it, go back and finish it so it doesn't haunt you! :D

I don't know what people think about the difficulty of Overcooked and Overcooked 2 but I absolutely sucked at them when playing co-op with 2 and 3 players...

• Like 1

Sound Shapes is absolutely brutal for me!

I’m not sure I’ll ever finish with the platinum on that game because of Death Mode. It’s not the kind of game where you can fail repeatedly but learn from your mistakes, adjust your strategy, shave off a few seconds here and there until you eventually nail a perfect run. You do need a bit of skill for the platforming, but basically I found it really all comes down to pure luck on where the notes spawn. It’s a shame too because I thought the main game and beat school were amazing and super fun. I loved the music.

To make it worse, my brain just doesn’t seem to be able to handle the monotonous repetition of the same 5-20 second sequences performed hundreds of times in a row either. My mind starts to feel like mush and I begin making really stupid mistakes and feel like I’m actually getting worse rather than improving. I’m genuinely shocked so many people have platinumed the game!

I will take a crack at it again one day, perhaps after I’ve got some more platformers under my belt. I think Sound Shapes was the first 2D platformer I ever played so maybe I just suck at them idk.

ps - As an added thought, I’ve actually found most “easy” games usually have that ONE trophy/task that is a complete pain in the ass blocking you from completion lol. Like that one Teslagrad scroll the above poster mentioned, or the Flappy Goat trophy in Goat Simulator. There’s always one...

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 4

On 2019-02-25 at 3:41 AM, JustPh3nom said:

The final boss was awful, and most of the tips around were outdated since the boss didn’t even work how they said it did. Not even sure what actually worked for me. I think the only thing that somewhat helped was pausing the game to see what was happening rather than playing naturally.

On 2019-04-26 at 9:29 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

The Ratchet and Clank games. I find weird that they are around 30% rarity platinums, when they have some bullshit skill points and some grinding Trophies such as leveling up all weapons. Beautiful games, by the way.

I just platinumed Ratchet and Clank Going Commando a week or two back and for me it was those freaking Ace Bunyon races! Racing through 50+ itty bitty ring checkpoints with horrible controls, and trying to catch up to Ace who somehow moves twice as fast as you.

And today I finished Trine (awesome game btw) but spent a good hour or two raging at the Better Than Developers trophy.

Like I said, in every easy game there’s always that one damn trophy that crushes your soul lol ? 

Spiral Splatter. 

After this purchase, I promise myself that I will never buy again any kind of easy platinum games, even if they're  actually ery easy (like Drowning, Planet RIX-13, Guns Gore & Cannoli 2, I am the hero, Daggerhood, 36 Fragments and Midnight Deluxe, Full Throttle remastered, Super weekend mode, Albedo, Orc Slayer, Fullblast, Super Destronaut DX, Zeroptian Invasion, Sigi, Demetrios, Dying Reborn...). 

Thanks to the fact that Spiral Splatter is impossible for me, I've realized that I have spent in the past too many money on easy games just for the platinum and my promise is that I won't waste any more money in games like these while I have a huge backlog (more than 11500 unearned trophies and something like 35 A++ games from 2015 to the most recent Days Gone I still haven't started yet... While I waste my time on easy games just for the platinum). 

• Like 1

A lot of you have already said it and I say it again: Sound Shapes!

This cursed Death Mode frustrates me to no end. I definitely played more difficult, time intense and complex game, but can't do this game mode. 

After a few minutes I loose all my motivation... Seriously I'd rather grind some 100 hour JRPG or Musou games than this. 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2019 at 1:33 PM, JNSpradlin said:

Severed - That one trophy, you know the one...

Actually I don’t but I’d like to. I have this game in my backlog since it was offered on the PS Plus - still time to decide to forget about it?

On 4/27/2019 at 0:12 AM, dannyswfc9 said:

Shadow of mordor. Everyone says its an easy game and a very easy plat but my god i just die all the time especially when bout 20 come at you at once

Early on you don't have the skills to handle mobs of guys. Generally those only come in if you go into a fort and let the alarm go off, which you don't want to be doing. Just keep running the story missions and you'll get upgrades that make taking armies of orcs pretty doable.

If you do get mobbed, just run. The AI is incredibly stupid so if you jump up onto a roof with no ramps or duck into a hiding spot the orcs will lose interest very quickly.

13 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Actually I don’t but I’d like to. I have this game in my backlog since it was offered on the PS Plus - still time to decide to forget about it?

Don't do that. It's a fantastic game. Some of the fights can be a bit tough, especially if you haven't been backtracking for upgrades, but it's absolutely worth the effort.

Edited by Thermopyle2
Spacing
  • Like 3