Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

Inksplosion and 36 fragments of midnight were annoying and definetely took me longer than what trophy guides had stated but at least 36 fragments was somewhat fun. Twin Breaker: A sacred symbols adventure is definetely not a 3/10 like what the guides state. Haven't explicitly tried hard for the plat but I don't think ill be able to get it unless I sit for a few hrs replaying each stage till i get lucky. The use of both thumbsticks to control two paddles simultaneously hurts my brain. 

Taco Master is the best shout I've seen so far. Vita Touchscreen is truly just not cooperative sometimes and it gets pretty intense later on.

Shadow of Mordor's DLC challenges had their moments of being kinda ridiculous and requiring a lot from the player

Other than that, I feel like most games that are traditionally considered easy have earned their reputation. 

All of the Souls games. I love them and I've plat Dark Souls 3, but it was a combination of a difficult first run (Made easier when you get used to the game) and mind-numbing replays and grinding for all items.Sekiro especially really makes me scratch my head. I've been stuck on the final boss for months, and I'm completely baffled as to why the platinum percentage is so high.

I also struggle with the death mode challenges in Sound Shapes. I have most of the trophies in all 3 versions but took so long now that the transferring trophies thing doesn't work as the servers are shut, so if I ever want to plat all three I'll have to do them induvidually. I just really seem to always get terrible RNG with the node pickups and can't beat about 5 of the levels.

23 hours ago, shxrpay said:

36 Fragments of Midnight: It was pretty damn hard for me the first time I played it, but then when I got a vita and did the other stack I found it surprisingly easy.

Sound Shapes: Not really difficult, just annoying with death mode. I had to end up doing all 3 stacks legit because right after I started them I realized you couldn't cloud save anymore. With practice it's not too hard, I 100%ed the entire PS4 version in a day.

Orc SlayerWhat a steaming pile of trash. Took me like 6 months to do the final boss battle.

Oh God yep. I have to do sound shapes legit now as well because I put it off for 6 years. I just really can't seem to beat 4 or 5 of the death mode levels.

On 21/04/2019 at 9:49 AM, DaveMcDamage said:

A lot of the times I got frustrated with a trophy I often look back and realise what a tool I was. 

My biggest 'DOH' moment was on Yakuza Kiwami. Now for what I was doing didn't get a trophy as such but I need to do the car chase section in order to complete the game on legend and get that trophy. It took me 32 very long and frustrating attempts to do, then on the 32nd attempt I did it without taking hardly any damage. Not because of experience, but because I just paid attention to what needed to be done. 

Its happened a few times and you realise yes it could have been tough, but it actually only took you a few attempts to do. I think a lot of it can come down to if its long winded requirement or not. I'm currently playing Infamous First Light and again the requirements for certain trophies can take around 20+ minutes per attempt. Fail once or twice and it can feel like you've been at it for hours lol. 

This kinda happened with me in Borderlands 1 (PS4). I put off the final few trophies for like 8 months, I think they were just complete a few missions in co-op and get some kills with different character skills. When I went back to do it 8 months later it only took me maybe half an hour to platinum.

36 minutes ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

This kinda happened with me in Borderlands 1 (PS4). I put off the final few trophies for like 8 months, I think they were just complete a few missions in co-op and get some kills with different character skills. When I went back to do it 8 months later it only took me maybe half an hour to platinum.

The Mad Moxxy DLC..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Never ever would I attempt that again though. I did this back on Xbox 360 and I needed 2 pads and altogether throughout the day it took me 10 hours. Now sure you don't have to do it like I did, but when I started and realised how long that grind was, I didn't want to waste more days on it. Also that clap trap trophy with RNG item drops..... Brrrrr! When I think on it, the DLC for that game has some horrendous trophy/achievement requirements.  Fair play to you getting it over and done with,

23 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

The Mad Moxxy DLC..... Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Never ever would I attempt that again though. I did this back on Xbox 360 and I needed 2 pads and altogether throughout the day it took me 10 hours. Now sure you don't have to do it like I did, but when I started and realised how long that grind was, I didn't want to waste more days on it. Also that clap trap trophy with RNG item drops..... Brrrrr! When I think on it, the DLC for that game has some horrendous trophy/achievement requirements.  Fair play to you getting it over and done with,

Yeah I didn't 100% the game. When I saw what you had to do for the Moxxi arena I just noped out. Didn't 100% that claptrap DLC either, just the base game and the Dr. Zed one. Both of those were pretty fun to platinum, but the rest of the DLC really was a joke.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

I just finished all this DLC last friday after having platinumed the game years ago. 

The DLC experience was kind of alright at first with the start of the Zombie DLC, but man, Moxxi & Claptrap DLCs really left a sour taste in my mouth and seriously turned me off to even touching any of the other borderlands games tbh. Knoxx overall wasn't too bad but by the time I got to it, I really wanted the experience to be over. 

Some really awful grinds in some of those DLCs, egh.  It probably wouldn't have been bad if I could play co-op, but the problem of potentially getting glitched trophies from going online prevented that from happening... 

I couldn't, no, wouldn't beat Peasant Knight. That game gave me conniptions. Kudos to those who could grit through that.

Same with Zeroptian Invasion. It's completion pct sits at like 98, and I consider myself to be at least average at top down shooters, but, nah, never could do it.

2 hours ago, Hentekorino said:

I just finished all this DLC last friday after having platinumed the game years ago. 

The DLC experience was kind of alright at first with the start of the Zombie DLC, but man, Moxxi & Claptrap DLCs really left a sour taste in my mouth and seriously turned me off to even touching any of the other borderlands games tbh. Knoxx overall wasn't too bad but by the time I got to it, I really wanted the experience to be over. 

Some really awful grinds in some of those DLCs, egh.  It probably wouldn't have been bad if I could play co-op, but the problem of potentially getting glitched trophies from going online prevented that from happening... 

Yeah. As I said to the other chap, so few games get both the excellent gameplay and a great trophy list together. Damn shame too because Borderlands was brilliant fun and felt soooooo good to play. But sometimes I think some devs think they can have a laugh at gamers by putting such absurd Trophy requirements in their games, but in terms of possible sales for the likes of remasters I never fall for the same trick twice.  

• Like 1

I've been playing Medievil lately and I honestly thought it was be a relatively easy time especially when I looked at the powerpyx trophy stuff. From someone who has platinum'd both Souls 3 and Bloodborne, it's one of the hardest games I've ever played.

Games that have a reputation as easy that I had problems with:

1. Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal: final boss was a massive struggle for me. I spent weeks on it so the platinum got put on hold

2. Orc Slayer: not “hard” so much as “it’s so bad you’d rather gouge your eyes out than play it for two hours”. I gave up on this one for months because those broken hitboxes gave me nightmares

3. Energy Invasion: the last few levels of linear mode are decently tough. If you persevere, you will eventually get through it though. I shelved this one for a long while before coming back. All of the energy games are deceptive in their difficulty. 

4. Shadow of Mordor: one I don’t have as of yet. I got stuck halfway through the game, then it got put on the backlog for years. I think the guide rates it as a 3 out of 10. It’s a good game and I want to plat it eventually

Edited by CountOfTuscany1

On PS3, Eat Lead, Trivial Pursuit and Ice Age 3, all three were considered 1/10 but whether they be cheap deaths, terminal boredom/easy to make a mistake or annoying time trials. All of them were about 3-5/10. Even a gamer with decent skills like myself found them tough. Eat Lead required you to play on hardest setting. How is that a 1/10?

• Like 1

Harvest Moon: It's a Wonderful Life.

The programming was stitched together so poorly, that nobody can consistently document how trophy required cutscenes trigger. Makes the game pretty difficult (when it should be extremely easy), when person A can unlock trophies, but if Person B does the exact same thing, they won't pop a trophy.

On 5/12/2020 at 9:33 PM, LoveInHell said:

“Entwined” looks easy first as well as the trophy list... SIKE! This game is really pissing me off and a lot harder than I thought. 

I turned it off... NOPE! No thanks... maybe I'll go back to it someday. MAAAAAYBE.. lol

On 5/10/2020 at 0:12 PM, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

Sound Shapes: Not really difficult, just annoying with death mode. I had to end up doing all 3 stacks legit because right after I started them I realized you couldn't cloud save anymore. With practice it's not too hard, I 100%ed the entire PS4 version in a day.

Not knocking you or anyone else but Isn't this the way you SHOULD earn trophies? Legit? I never understood people that like to auto pop trophies.There is nothing wrong with it though. Just not for me.  I don't see any pleasure or any redeeming quality to auto popping. I like trophies. I like to earn them. Even if it's an easy game. I mean I have a bunch of easy games on my profile. But I actually played them and got the trophies. I just don't see the point of starting a game. Auto popping a bunch of trophies and then doing the same thing with 2 more games so I can have stacks of the same game that I didn't even play. That's to the point that its not even about playing video games anymore. I don't know what that is. I mean if you could go to the psn store right now and buy a "game" that you start and it auto pops a platinum trophy the second you start it... Would you buy it for for the trophy? I think that's where I have to draw the line. When it's just buying digital trophies without even playing a game anymore. I think that will happen soon. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:40 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Not knocking you or your gaming skills or anything but..... Are you joking about this game? Or are you seriously having trouble with this? You can get a platinum in this game in under 5 minutes. It's probably most peoples fastest platinum. The platinum has a 91% completion rate. And the only reason I would think someone doesn't have the platinum is because they hated the game and just didn't even want to bother. What part are you having trouble with?

I've finally done it. Did it first attempt today. Probably took longer than it should because I'd play it in the evenings when tired. Still embarrassing that it took so long.

Good to see Eat Lead mentioned a couple of times. The game is atrocious with afwul frame rate and clunky controls. I have picked it up and thrown it away in a rage numerous times now. It's piss.

I am still intent on platting it some day of course.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

11 minutes ago, tampines11 said:

Flower

36 Fragments of Midnight

Spyro

Inksplosion

Definitely Spyro, I find it super frustrating and the gameplay isn't even that enjoyable! And that 7 hour plat is definitely a joke, 7 hours in and I haven't even beaten the game let alone 100% it

I'll finish it one day but I won't ever be doing the sequels, I'll just sell the disc once I'm done with the first game, that's enough Spyro for a lifetime

• Like 2