Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

4 hours ago, tampines11 said:

It irks me when people say Goat Simulator is an easy platinum

I know everyone has different skill levels and some things are harder than others but I'm on that boat lol... I thought it was super easy! The only "difficult" part is that flappy bird game. And even that if you stay calm and stick with it. You could probably do it in under 20 minutes. That's just my opinion though. 

6 minutes ago, SuchRemorse said:

I know everyone has different skill levels and some things are harder than others but I'm on that boat lol... I thought it was super easy! The only "difficult" part is that flappy bird game. And even that if you stay calm and stick with it. You could probably do it in under 20 minutes. That's just my opinion though. 

The game itself is pretty easy after learning the ridiculous controls. The Flappy Goat one was a bugger though  I had to bring in my partner to try and we "touched" the walls for around 2 hours until finally I got 10. 

For me, SPY CHAMELEON is a pain.

Also, I recently had trouble with LEGO BATMAN 3 on Vita.. there is a part where you are just thrown into 2 HUB worlds with no direction and it took me a few frustrating hours of finding out what I had to do next.

• Like 1

All the soulsborne games have oddly high completion percentages. Personally, I wouldn't say they're as hard to finish as most people say, but the plat usually requires some grinding or very careful planning. Especially Demon's souls, I think if it didn't have the duplication glitch, it would be a <5% rarity

On 6.2.2019 at 9:51 PM, frontzie said:

For me, Suicide Guy and Marvel's Spider-Man. Suicide Guy gave me AWFUL motion sickness, and I've found Marvel's Spider-Man to be rather flat and boring towards the end, plus I'm struggling with the combat. Pushing through the last of Spider-Man to get the plat and placed back on the shelf, played for the DLC only to get the last challenge tokens.

i still haven’t completed suicide guide to this day, because my head started to hurt from time to time during the game, so I just saved it for another time and never got back to it, the platinium seems double, but my head just kept pounding while playing it

Ones I have: 

Medievil: Some of the later levels without full upgrades can be very tricky and take a lot of patience 

A Hat In Time: A fun game but some of the side trophies are annoying as hell

Ratchet & Clank 2: The game itself is just genuinely difficult, it's only when you're skilled does it become easy

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection: Without the save scumming it'd be much much harder

Ones I don't have:

Infamous Second Son: It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember the campaign being a bit tricky on the medium difficulty so I never attempted the higher one

On 2/22/2019 at 8:40 AM, Gracewave said:

Suicide Guy. The game itself is braindead easy, make no mistake, but what made it difficult for me was the fact that it gave me severe motion sickness that left me feeling nauseous for hours afterwards. Which is weird, because i never get motion sickness from games, usually.

I got like that from Star Wars Republic Commando. Couldn't play it for more than five minutes and yeah like you I never get motion sickness from anything.

Also a few other notes from what I've seen in this thread.

Teslagrad is indeed a pretty annoying one. I got stuck on one boss where I knew what to do but the one hit death was just such a hindrance. Think I rage quit at that point. Also yeah Goat Simulator. I spent about 7 and a half hours going for that plat: Half of that time was spent in Flappy Goat I think.

Blaster Master - I don't remember who reccommend this but I found out that the game is VERY hard after all.
Cybarian, Time Traveling Warrior - This game is not so easy due to clunky control and souls game level difficulty with no checkpoint at all.
Gorogoa - F Those speed run and limited move that thing can go wrong easily. If  you miss just a bit you start over entire game and game while it is very creative on first run, replay it on platinum is slog to go through.
Linelight - This is hell on earth. F those who tell me this game is relax and easy plat.

Snoopy's Grand Adventure - The game isnt that really easy... platform itself is challenge enough with tons of collectible

Edited by FielVeredus

44 minutes ago, MadEdders95 said:

Ones I have: 

Medievil: Some of the later levels without full upgrades can be very tricky and take a lot of patience 

A Hat In Time: A fun game but some of the side trophies are annoying as hell

Ratchet & Clank 2: The game itself is just genuinely difficult, it's only when you're skilled does it become easy

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection: Without the save scumming it'd be much much harder

Ones I don't have:

Infamous Second Son: It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember the campaign being a bit tricky on the medium difficulty so I never attempted the higher one

About Infamous Second Son, if you upgrade most of skills and shoot (specially juggernauts) from top of buildings it's easy

• Like 1

Deadpool comes to mind for me. I remember when it first came out, I think people giving it a 4 or 5. Ultra-violent difficulty was so cheap, I nearly broke my controller on the final waves...although, me not liking the didn't help.

• Like 1

On 2020-05-23 at 4:00 AM, tampines11 said:

It irks me when people say Goat Simulator is an easy platinum

Flappy Goat is such horseshit. Everything else is fine, but that trophy is awful. 

It'd be easy if they bothered to make the minigame work properly, but the hitboxes are so fucked you can't ever really play it properly. It's entirely guess work.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Flappy Goat is such horseshit. Everything else is fine, but that trophy is awful. 

It'd be easy if they bothered to make the minigame work properly, but the hitboxes are so fucked you can't ever really play it properly. It's entirely guess work.

People advised me that, if I played it for an hour non-stop, I'd probably get the trophy anyway, even if by fluke. I just didn't have the patience for it.

I would have to say Spiral Splatter. It does begin easy like all games do but then it adds in a sort of puzzle like element in which you have to find out which teleport spot teleports you to which location so it can be a little confusing but then I sort of built the dexterity and necessary skill to beat the game. Now it's not as hard I would say however for those new to it and are unable to adapt fairly quickly may find themselves in a pickle

It's good to see some games mentioned that I also struggled with, per se. I don't have many Platinums and nothing overly difficult but a few that we're trickier than I thought they would be.

36 Fragments of Midnight definitely surprised me when I had to actually work for it. Not necessarily a hard Platinum but you certainly have to think about where you start, what level you're on as well as concentrating on your platforming. It may be one of those cheap, easy Platinums (cost me £0.99) but it was also actually a fun game.

Spyro also offered more of a challenge than expected too. It's a kids game, it'll be easy. Those bloody flying levels really started to get annoying.

Just got the Platinum for Gris too; absolutely loved the game and it definitely wasn't a hard Platinum (really nice trophy list actually) but that bloody eel trophy took way more attempts than I thought!

So, as I say, not exactly hard Platinums, just some unexpectedly difficult trophies in a relatively simple games.

Cast of the Seven Godsend: Redux.

Not only is this game god awful but it is also glitchy. I saw a trophy guide for it on another website. It said that the game was a 2/10 difficulty. For me, when I think of a level 2 difficulty I think about a game that pretty much platinum's itself with minor effort. I should have looked elsewhere. The game was nowhere near a level 2 and a lot closer to a level 8. I seriously regret buying the game and wasting time trying to platinum it. Every time I see it on my trophy list, I get upset and want to punch the guy who wrote the guide lol.

On 01/02/2019 at 3:11 AM, Spaz said:

It's this one for anyone who doesn't know about the game.

Definitely a hard one that took me a lot of practice to get, and I'm usually good at platformers.

I'm surprised you struggle at any platformer after SMB. ?

_________

Idk if it's considered "easy" but I likely won't ever go for the dlc trophies on Driveclub. I barely play racing games and they seem impossible for me. 

Edit: Will also never touch scarygirl again. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM 9.33% PLATINUM the challenges frustrate me. I don't mind the combat in the later games so much, but Arkham Asylum's combat feels too loose and clunky and this was what i thought FOUR years ago.

CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 8.27% PLATINUM the servers for spec ops online are pathetic. For some of the spec ops missions two players is mandatory. I also hate timed missions and DOGS

On 6/8/2020 at 8:18 PM, HandsUp1992 said:

BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM 9.33% PLATINUM the challenges frustrate me. I don't mind the combat in the later games so much, but Arkham Asylum's combat feels too loose and clunky and this was what i thought FOUR years ago.

I was the opposite mate. I got the platinum and 100% on 4 different profiles on two consoles. Then I took on Arkham City and it truly wrecked me. I had played games with trophies/achievements where I questioned what the hell I was doing, but the completion for Arkham City totally wrecked me. So much so that I cannot even face ever playing the third game or touching the Batman games ever again.