Most difficult "easy" games

SuchRemorse

On 5/23/2020 at 6:55 PM, khaki_pants said:

InFamous First Light.  I still don't have the platinum because I can't figure out how to get the trophy for the Beta Rescue Diamond arena.  Ugh...3 years and counting...

I had trouble with First Light and was surprised why so many people were saying it’s too easy

anyway left it for a couple of years, went back to it, and found it very manageable

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

Awesome Pea 1 and 2- The games are not SMB level of hard by any means but it can still be frustrating especially the first one and I'm genuinely surprised it's such a common plat

Catlatteral Damage- Seriously **** the time trial trophy. Getting a doable first level is insanely random and it doesn't help that the mechanics/controls are ass. If it weren't for this trophy I'd have the plat

• Like 1

On 12/06/2020 at 10:37 PM, DaveMcDamage said:

I was the opposite mate. I got the platinum and 100% on 4 different profiles on two consoles. Then I took on Arkham City and it truly wrecked me. I had played games with trophies/achievements where I questioned what the hell I was doing, but the completion for Arkham City totally wrecked me. So much so that I cannot even face ever playing the third game or touching the Batman games ever again. 

Haha I feel your pain, brings back memories of the Killzone Shawdowfall platinum and a few others.

Arkham Knight is a great game, better than Arkham City in some ways. The platinum is a grind in many ways. The 100% completion continues the grind and some of the trophies are going to push you to your limit (I have some of the more extreme ones left to do). If you look up the trophies you'll get a good idea of what it all entails. If you ever change your mind I would just play Arkham Knight on a back up account for the experience. It's definitely worth a playthrough since you was such a fan of the first game.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 1:33 AM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Definitely Sound Shapes for me. Death Mode was tough.

I don’t know why but I just couldn’t get into this game. Maybe I tried it at the wrong time in my life. I keep thinking I will play it at some time but I doubt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StressEater said:

I don’t know why but I just couldn’t get into this game. Maybe I tried it at the wrong time in my life. I keep thinking I will play it at some time but I doubt it.

I enjoyed the music a lot more than the game itself. It was a fun enough game that I could pick up and play for a few minutes at a time but some of the levels got really frustrating.

I don’t know what it is but 36 Fragments of Midnight just pisses me off. Something about jumping over one specific kind of raised spinning saw blade that’s raised on a platform I can just never time right. The speed run trophy in there just seems infuriating too

Energy Cycle, Glass Masquerade and many puzzle games because let's face it if their wasn't picture solutions alot less people would have their plats.

Some of the Ratalaika games can also be considered white hard. More so if you went for full game completions of them versus just the trophies.

Edit: I seen someone people mention Orc Slayer, it's definitely hard as the half because how badly broken it is, the other half because if you put stat points into anything but pure bolt damage you can get pretty screwed at later levels.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

On 6/20/2020 at 0:06 AM, dylansko said:

I don’t know what it is but 36 Fragments of Midnight just pisses me off. Something about jumping over one specific kind of raised spinning saw blade that’s raised on a platform I can just never time right. The speed run trophy in there just seems infuriating too

I was never a big fan of those types of games either. I just finished Reed Remastered and that game is all about stupid obstacles and platforming. Was not my favorite game that is for sure. 

• Like 1

Gravity Rush - The game looks easy, with great story and characters, but the challenges are on another story. It's much better than the goddamn piece-of-miserable-sh*t-of-my-whole-f***ing-life gyroscopic controls in the Vita version, which literally giving me a splitting headache and conjunctivitis.

Edited by BadRep24
Wrong topic.

Sound Shapes: I finished this 'easy' ! game two times as p3&ps4. Of course it is not impossible but death mode was really death mode. While I could finish the hardest parts in seconds, I remember repeating the easier parts for hours. I think the luck factor is very important. Platinum rarity was misleading for me. 

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection : Without trophy guide, it was nightmare for me. Majority says easy but not valid for me.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater : Because of this easy game, I broke my dualshock. I will never and ever forget shooting kerotans in motorcycle part. I remembered now and got angry again. 

Batman Arkham Asylum : Complete a combo of 40 moves... This trophy made me sick of life.

Edited by seyhano
  • Like 2

Can we put Bloodborne on here? I remember avoiding Dark Souls because it sounded too hard for me, then Bloodborne came out, heard it was awesome and then like a few years later when I actually wanted to play it (I had just got my PS4), I saw the Platinum trophy was something like 25% rarity at the time, and I thought awesome. 25% platinum EQUALS easyish game....

Yeah I've never quite got why Bloodborne was such a high percentage, when the trophy guide difficulty is a 7!

For me it's Tropico 5, it's a 2/10 difficulty, but the campaign missions are tough when you are new to this type of game, there is so much prep work before hand as you use the same levels throughout some of the missions. So how you set up in say Mission 4 can end up screwing you over in Mission 9. I'm sure there are some guides that could help out, but it seems a lot of work.

I really like the game though, and have all the online and most of the misc. trophies, so will get round to it at some point.

Edited by groomyboy

1 minute ago, MaulShadow said:

Foxyland 2

Eh, that game was super easy, and you had infinite lives, short levels and everything.

Terminal Salvation was touted as a super easy game, but it's nowhere near being all that easy. You gotta play on hard and there's a lot of glitches. There's even a section where you have to die on hard, but you progress if you made it to the next checkpoint.

7 minutes ago, groomyboy said:

Yeah I've never quite got why Bloodborne was such a high percentage, when the trophy guide difficulty is a 7!

Well, it's like 4-6/10 somewhere, if for no other reason than a couple of the chalice dungeon bosses.

Just now, Conzi2008 said:

I remember struggling a quite a bit with Sounds Shapes.

Yeah, definitely not an easy game, sort of. It's very luck based. I hate death mode, because sometimes it can be impossible to win, other times it's super difficult and sometimes it's extremely easy, just depends on luck.

• Like 1

Metro Exodus - It's a 5/10, but I say otherwise, which is 6/10. Why? If you're the guy who loves to get a game to the True Ending (a.k.a. Full Strength), then good luck. Getting it in one single run will be meticulously annoying. It's where to the point in the CASPIAN level, I had to do a whole 5-chapter playthrough again from Prologue to Yamantau, because I've overlooked a few of the requirements for Damir to stay with the crew. During that part, I started backing up that autosave over and over again until completing Chapter 6 successfully with Damir in the crew. Duke and Alyosha's requirements are easy. But Damir's requirements are plain annoying and specific to the lowest common denominator. What's next? The Ranger Hardcore. Oh, boy. Even on New Game+, RH is still a nightmare, especially if you don't know shit about inventory and ammo management, which is what 99.9% of the game is all about. I've learned it the hard way, when I reached the DEAD CITY level, especially in sewers. The Nosalises are annoying as fuck, that I had to save my bullets for them.

Star Trek Online - (AVGN-style bellowing) While the game looks easy on paper, the grind says otherwise. Because, who the hell in their tiny, pea-brained minds from Cryptic Studios would want to make these kinds of trophies, solely to mentally torture anyone who plays this game, especially with the Datachips? You call this game fun? No way. That's more like torturing players for no reason. The game is a buggy, glitched cesspool of a mess, and I'm surprised how god-awful the "rolling" and jumping system is. I can't help but to simply bellow at how atrociously ass these two are!!!! The jumping looks like someone took a heavy dump. The rolling, even if I classified it as that, was like someone was in foetal position. The Voth Battlezone accolades are also a glitched mess, where some reported about Awaiting in Return accolade not popping out. As a result, the game is unnecessarily difficult. Final verdict: this game has destroyed most of my sanity. Atrocious jumping and rolling system, glitched mess, and grindy trophies are the three reasons why. Seriously, what kind of drugs these developers are on?

Edited by BadRep24

I don't want to brag but reading this topic actually makes me proud of my trophies. After seeing Sound Shapes mentioned such many times I watched a video about all the Death Mode levels to remind myself what a brutal struggle that was. Never again.

But with enough dedication, patience and practice everything is doable. I got that Teslagrad collectible trophy as well (and it indeed was hard), Rogue Legacy platinum (I actually really liked the game, but I think I crashed a controller when tried the remixed bosses) and I don't remember if Color Guardians was that hard. Somebody mentioned Ultratron before, but that was still doable as well as Spy Chameleon or Super Time Force Ultra.

Anybody who found these hard should never try Race the Sun, Downwell, Entwined or We Are Doomed. These are really hair pulling kind of games (so definitely not easy ones).

What I really hate is the timerun trophies. At least 5 games are left unfinished in my backlog because of these. I just never have the mood to try these and if I fail start over from the beginning again and again.

Peasant Knight. The main thing i hate about it is once the knight starts moving, he won't stop unless you do so. And stopping him is annoying. Combine this with jumps that must be timed correctly as well as the strict time limit on certain stages, and there you have it.

Zero zero zero zero- It was still pretty quick but it was annoying.

The savior's gang- just a terrible experience all around. Also kind of buggy.

Crash dummy- it's my fault but I kept accidentally restarting the whole level when trying to pause.

Maria the witch- I had a much harder time with this than expected. Mainly control issues for me.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

Never played a rhythm game before. Everyone said this one was extremely easy so I thought why not give it a try. Turns out, I'm absolutely awful at this kind of games and it took me an embarassing amount of effort to get a platinum on it. Good thing I started this one and not Guitar Hero or something like that.