TheYuriG

Playing Knight after recently finishing Asylum and City

9 posts in this topic

I'm gonna be honest, I'm struggling,

Not because the game is hard by any means, it's just because the controls have been mostly changed and I know what I wanna do, I press the buttons to perform such action and it doesn't do what I want, because those are no longer the right inputs. Why again?

• the button scheme is changed and can't be changed back without messing with ps4 accessibility. i absolutely hate this, they moved detective vision to dpad up, where it was l1 before. now l1 calls the batmobile. there is ZERO REASON why detective vision needing to be changed and batmobile being unable to use dpad up instead. i hate this
  • you can't select your gadget easily using dpad anymore, you need to press one button and bring the weapons wheel (like gta v and rdr) and select from there. hate this change
  • dpad now opens several menus that should have been in the touchpad. no, this is confusing, one different menu for every button is horrible. WHY
  • to go to something below you, you now need to hold r2 and then press circle instead of X. Asylum, City and I'm pretty sure Origins all used R2 + X, why change now?
  • you can now grapple from vantage points to ledges below using the batclaw. that was never possible before and I'm grabbing stuff I'm not trying to, which makes me get detected and shot
  • combat AR challenges are set to rage speed modifier from Arkham City. it makes them a chore to play and reinforce the jump-hit-jump-hit cheese behaviour that makes this game incredibly boring and dull to play. this is a garbage decision and i absolutely hate it
  • batmobile is trash in chase mode

There are also a bunch of things I really like:

• enemies can check grates naturally, not only when you down someone next to them. this is really cool and actually realistic and the game tells you what grates are being watched and you have time to get out. this is cool
  • some voice lines are repeated from previous games. they were re-recorded, not just re-uploaded. this is really cool and gives some nostalgia, i like this
  • medics, they are a cool addition to the game
  • jammers are actually worth something. they COMPLETELY fuck up your detective mode. previously you would be able to use detective mode to find the actual jammer, now nope, you are completely blind. that's cool, it makes jammers more relevant as an enemy type. just hope there are no "don't turn off the radio" challenges like City where you gotta take down the jammer as last enemy
  • i haven't progressed enough in the story yet, but I haven't seen any heartbeat collar enemies yet. I hated them before because they broke stealth and now they aren't there. love it

I'll come back and edit this again if there is anything else I wanna add

Edited by TheYuriG

I think playing each game on release made it easier for me and others to lose some of the muscle memory from Asylum and City. Otherwise I'm sure I would have been frustrated too.

I hope you got all the DLC for Knight. The challenges in the community challenge pack are really tricky, but very satisfying when finished. Some of the racing challenges were tough for me as well. Overall I loved the game. I'm not a trophy hunter, and I know there are lots of harder accomplishments out there, but my 100% in Arkham Knight is one of my proudest moments in gaming. I'm not sure I'd have enough patience for it now, now that I'm a filthy casual. :awesome:

It was annoying that they changed the controls but it wasn't a big deal imo and I just treated it like a new game and "relearnt" the controls

Knowing your skills @TheYuriG, you should have no problem getting all the trophies in this game.

I almost envy you for getting some hard as nails games done.

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

Knowing your skills @TheYuriG, you should have no problem getting all the trophies in this game.

I almost envy you for getting some hard as nails games done.

I wish I could agree but i got absolutely raped when trying the harmless crime alley trophy, so I stopped doing community levels there and gonna go back once i'm better upgraded. I do believe that with enough time, patience and perseverance, it will all be complete, but goddamn, I was struggling.

Possibly my proudest 100%, those community challenges made my hair white. You like the medics now; you may feel differently when you get to those challenges.

Hang in there, the destination is definitely worth the journey 😉

Just now, Bullstomp said:

You like the medics now; you may feel differently when you get to those challenges.

I meant that they were a welcome addition as a change of pace and gameplay. They are annoying to deal with in predator, or at least they will be until i get the disruptor gun that will knock them out upon revive attempt.

1 minute ago, Bullstomp said:

the destination is definitely worth the journey 1f609.png

That's the experience I was aiming for.

recently did all Batman games in a row. I would say Origins have the hardest Story related trophies. Since you need to defeat 2 bosses without being hit. 

Arkham Asylum  only 1 combat challenge is difficult. Thats pretty much it

Arkham City Have some brutal Stealth/Predator missions 

And Arkham Knight have the hardest combat related trophies. But not that bad after been playing all Batman games in a row lol. 

Overall difficulty for all Arkham Games. 5/10 difficulty 

I hope Batman Arkham Crisis is real rumours 

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure about the online servers for Origins, but if they're still up then it's best to get those trophies done, but the people above me already did that game so I don't need to comment any more on that.

Shock and Awe Extreme is the only truly difficult combat challenge in Arkham Asylum, the rest aren't hard.

Arkham City has the campaign, but having to do the challenges/campaign THREE times with Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing is the difficult portion. None of the characters are as durable and have as many gadgets as Batman, so completing those missions is more challenging.

Arkham Knight of course has the Community Challenges, which is the roadblock for many people towards the 100 percent. The freeflow challenges in this DLC pack are the hardest ones you have to do in the entire franchise, with one being you can't lose your freeflow combo with any of the four characters and you have to finish this challenge with all four of them anyway. This game remains my proudest 100 percent because of how painful and long those challenges were for me.

Edited by Spaz