How to delete your own posts?

I believe the reason why this forum doesn't have the option is because the forum software doesn't support it, pst.org had that option before they made the big site change, now you cannot do that anymore there. I like the feature though, I would assume that a mod/admin would be able to tell when someone is deleting their posts, you can definitely see it on a place like Discord for example.

9 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

I wonder could it possible to expand on the edit feature in that, you post your comment, realize you've made a mistake be it a mispell or being an arsehole, said person edits the comment to their liking but where it says "Edited x hours ago by xxxxx" you could click on it and then see the previous comment before the edit. I can't recall but I've seen it implemented elsewhere.

But then everyone would see how terrible my un-corrected spelling and grammar truly are ?

?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
corrected for Spelling and grammar 18 separate times
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Not a good idea. If you get wildly insulted like someone telling you to commit suicide (ahem happened to me) and they delete their post I would have no proof they did that.

Surely if a deletion mechanic was implemented they’d  be held for 30-90 days for manual review before getting completely removed from their servers.

20 hours ago, Null_Spectre said:

I wonder could it possible to expand on the edit feature in that, you post your comment, realize you've made a mistake be it a mispell or being an arsehole, said person edits the comment to their liking but where it says "Edited x hours ago by xxxxx" you could click on it and then see the previous comment before the edit. I can't recall but I've seen it implemented elsewhere.

That is what Facebook does

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Dude, that is fucking embarrassing. You should be ashamed of yourself!

I also contacted rockstar support but realized my mistake before they could respond. Embarrassing.

• Like 2

Report your own post with the justification that you would like to delete. you don't need to say the reason why you want to delete it, they will do it as soon as possible.

7 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

I also contacted rockstar support but realized my mistake before they could respond. Embarrassing.

it's actually not that shameful. this type of error happens quite often. yesterday I went to share information that I thought was important, I opened a thread and moments later I realized that my information was useless because it was already common knowledge and I didn't know it. I quickly reported. shit happens

• 2 weeks later...

It's just got a bit odd! It seems that a comment I made on a dispute has been deleted, as well as a comment on a person's status update. Neither were in any way offensive, trolling, obscene etc. Both very, very benign. I really don't mind the comments being deleted but it does seem ridiculous that a third party has the ability to delete my posts which do not contravene any site rules without notifying me and without my permission whilst I'm not able to delete my own content! 

I'm not furious or even very mildly miffed. I have many issues that I'm pretty militant about and this isn't one of them! However, as a principle, I prefer to avoid using any form of centralised 'rule enforcer' and instead rely on personal judgment, even on a games forum! I'm not going to start a #commentslivesmatter campaign or anything, just find it a little bit odd!! 

3 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

It's just got a bit odd! It seems that a comment I made on a dispute has been deleted, as well as a comment on a person's status update. Neither were in any way offensive, trolling, obscene etc. Both very, very benign. I really don't mind the comments being deleted but it does seem ridiculous that a third party has the ability to delete my posts which do not contravene any site rules without notifying me and without my permission whilst I'm not able to delete my own content! 

I'm not furious or even very mildly miffed. I have many issues that I'm pretty militant about and this isn't one of them! However, as a principle, I prefer to avoid using any form of centralised 'rule enforcer' and instead rely on personal judgment, even on a games forum! I'm not going to start a #commentslivesmatter campaign or anything, just find it a little bit odd!! 

They people you talked with probably asked for their deletion.

The first time i tried to post something via a status update, i didn't know how it worked, and people started attacking me, like i was spamming in some public place. I asked to delete all the posts and the request was granted.

Just now, Lance_87 said:

They people you talked with probably asked for their deletion.

The first time i tried to post something via a status update, i didn't know how it worked, and people started attacking me, like i was spamming in some public place. I asked to delete all the posts and the request was granted.

That doesn't sound good. Sorry that happened to you. I think that's probably what happened. They got the answer they had asked in their status update so decided to delete it. Hopefully no one attacked them though. 

33 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

hey man - was that my status update you’re referring to by any chance?

The one asking about numbers of pictures in posts? 

40 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

hey man - was that my status update you’re referring to by any chance?

The one asking about numbers of pictures in posts? 

No. Oddly enough, it was a status update asking about a missing dispute thread!! Not the same thread that my comment was deleted from though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

No. Oddly enough, it was a status update asking about a missing dispute thread!! Not the same thread that my comment was deleted from though. 

ah, okay ?- it’s funny, I almost never delete status updates, but happened to do one recently just because I had tagged someone in the first post, then realised I didn’t need the answer, and it felt a bit rude to them to leave it up, and AFAIK you cant modify status updates -

and of course that took everyone elses responses down too ?

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I really don't mind the comments being deleted but it does seem ridiculous that a third party has the ability to delete my posts which do not contravene any site rules without notifying me and without my permission whilst I'm not able to delete my own content! 

I don’t see any status update reply you’re talking about, just the dispute thread comment I was referring to above. 

To provide a bit more context: if you post on someone else’s Status Update, your post is theirs to delete, just as your status updates are yours to delete along with anyone that replies to you.