Gummi Ship Cost

DrakeHellsing

Okay, I need to be able to upgrade my ship some more, but the cost in doing so isn't the best, as in, to put good weapons on it, make it fast and have good health, running out easily.  So I am curious, the gummi ship level, does that tie into the cost at all? As in, the higher the level, the more cost at all?

I want to at least be able to get a good understanding for when I make a ship that would be good enough to take on that powerful ship in that tornado of death xD

Bleh, Gummi Ships.

Anyways, I can't answer your specific question about rising costs but as you level up you get more upgrade points. 

The super tornado boss is rather annoying but I took him down by rolling constantly. Also, don't be dumb like me and make sure you're using the Gummi Ship abilities (e.g. adding more health, damage, bonus life, etc). I've never been a fan of the Gummi Ships and didn't pay attention to stuff and glossed right over all of that making the boss seem impossible. Once I noticed the abilities the boss became much easier :)

Gummi ship level affects your cost points. There's also an ability that you can pick to sacrifice both of your teeny ships to add their cost to your ship. After you beat the boss for the trophy in the 2nd galaxy zone, you can pick the golden highwind blueprint and just use that ship. It's basically so overpowered that if you fought the boss again, you'd finish it in less than 30 seconds in comparison to the 5 mins it took me on my custom ship

I was able to get it done with 885 max cost (and I maxed it out). Can't remember what level this was, somewhere in the 40s. The ship I used:

Spoiler

DyfCfELXcAAe7Q3.jpg

People seem mixed on whether donut still works. It definitely doesn't seem to work as well as it did in KH2, I still got hit quite a few times (and with this ship I could only withstand 1-2 hits so getting hit is devastating), but the vast majority of bullets flew right through the center without me taking damage if I stayed completely still and very slightly moved whenever the camera pans up/down, so I stayed roughly in the center of the screen.