Would you recommend this game?

BlacknWhite098

12 minutes ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

So i've had my eyes on this game for a while and the graphics are rad, would you recommend this game? Also it's not a new game but there is a sudden boost of players is there a new dlc or something and trophy wise is it a hard plat?Thanks

There's an influx because the game is a PS Plus offering until next week, plus some of the DLCs are on sale :). From what I've seen in the Guide, the Plat is easier than it used to be but it's still no cakewalk. I'm not into online only sports games so can't comment as to if it's any good or not.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

So i've had my eyes on this game for a while and the graphics are rad, would you recommend this game? Also it's not a new game but there is a sudden boost of players is there a new dlc or something and trophy wise is it a hard plat?Thanks

I was a bit unsure at first because i never really had a extreme sports game before but thought id give it a try because i like ubisoft games. I was pleasently suprised. Really fun with some nice dlc. If u want the plat tho maybe think again because its not the easiest

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

There's an influx because the game is a PS Plus offering until next week, plus some of the DLCs are on sale :). From what I've seen in the Guide, the Plat is easier than it used to be but it's still no cakewalk. I'm not into online only sports games so can't comment as to if it's any good or not.

Hi. Not been on the game for a year or so. How is the platinum easier to get now. Unless they have took the 2 wingsuit challenges out lol

• Like 1

Here's my take that I wrote in another recent thread.

L835741.png

You WILL be challenged in obtaining the platinum, but it's achievable with some good, old fashioned "git gud" repetitive attempts.  The platinum has been made more easy with a recent update. Before you needed to gold ALL the challenges, but the game added a rocket suit concept to the game and with it, included a few more challenges, so now you need to just gold 115 out of 118 challenges. 

The feel of the game really feels similar to the Tony Hawk games of old. Obviously on snow and ice, instead of cement and asphalt. You need to find lines and correctly time jumps to perform big air tricks. And there are a variety of events with big trick competitions, checkpoint races, and scoring events.  Also, there are a number of different alpine sports disciplines included with snowboarding/ skiing/ paragliding and the dreaded wingsuit ( Just Cause 3 flashbacks 1f62b.png). 

Again, with practice, it's a doable :platinum:. Alright, with a LOT of practice, it's doable.  I achieved the threshold trophy last night in getting the 115 challenge gold trophy.

I'd say the only negatives are the amount of people on right now from PS+. There are no MP trophies but like The Crew, everything is online (including your save) and there are random players in your game. They can't interfere with you, but sometimes they can distract your concentration with someone randomly flying by you. Also, for completionists, the game is free on PS+ right now, but if you are trying to get ALL the game trophies, the dlc's will set you back around $30-40.  The Olympics dlc is 20 frickin bucks! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Here's my take that I wrote in another recent thread.

L835741.png

You WILL be challenged in obtaining the platinum, but it's achievable with some good, old fashioned "git gud" repetitive attempts.  The platinum has been made more easy with a recent update. Before you needed to gold ALL the challenges, but the game added a rocket suit concept to the game and with it, included a few more challenges, so now you need to just gold 115 out of 118 challenges. 

The feel of the game really feels similar to the Tony Hawk games of old. Obviously on snow and ice, instead of cement and asphalt. You need to find lines and correctly time jumps to perform big air tricks. And there are a variety of events with big trick competitions, checkpoint races, and scoring events.  Also, there are a number of different alpine sports disciplines included with snowboarding/ skiing/ paragliding and the dreaded wingsuit ( Just Cause 3 flashbacks 1f62b.png). 

Again, with practice, it's a doable :platinum:. Alright, with a LOT of practice, it's doable.  I achieved the threshold trophy last night in getting the 115 challenge gold trophy.

I'd say the only negatives are the amount of people on right now from PS+. There are no MP trophies but like The Crew, everything is online (including your save) and there are random players in your game. They can't interfere with you, but sometimes they can distract your concentration with someone randomly flying by you. Also, for completionists, the game is free on PS+ right now, but if you are trying to get ALL the game trophies, the dlc's will set you back around $30-40.  The Olympics dlc is 20 frickin bucks! 

Wow thanks for that man. Mite give it another go. Gave up because of the 2 dam wingsuit challenges. There were a few more i didnt gold but would be do able but gave up because of the other 2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I was a bit unsure at first because i never really had a extreme sports game before but thought id give it a try because i like ubisoft games. I was pleasently suprised. Really fun with some nice dlc. If u want the plat tho maybe think again because its not the easiest

Hi. Not been on the game for a year or so. How is the platinum easier to get now. Unless they have took the 2 wingsuit challenges out lol

They reduced the number of collectibles and medals you have to find/earn for certain trophies, thus reducing the grind and overall difficulty.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed it, but it's not as fun as SSX.

Steep is a bit strange (and I'm not just talking about the talking mountains). It kinda takes itself seriously, then suddenly tries to be all wacky. It feels like they went for a more realistic route, crammed in as much hokey product placement dialogue as they could (cough "when the founder of Red Bull gave us wings back in 67" cough), and got all over the top with each new DLC in what feels like someone bolted a game of Fortnite on the side of a snowboarding sim.

But "cool guy let's have a Red Bull and be super radical" tone aside, it's a really good challenge. It's way more technical than SSX but also suffers from some weird physics where you'll just suddenly lose all momentum. Some of the menu and map controls are really janky but it's minor. It also does the whole virtual tourism thing better than SSX. Rocket packs kinda killed the exploration challenge but what are you gonna do?

Personally, if I could only choose one: I'd still go with SSX. Yeah, it's arcady but it's just flat out fun. Steep is more your "Gran Turismo Sport": it's more realistic and technical, but not full sim.

I think Steep suffers most from trying to be too many things. It's part game as service, part exploration, part DLC machine, part serious, part weird, part sim, part arcade, part MMO. Even the fact that every single menu page looks completely different to the next kinda hints at this game being a heap of people who all threw different ideas together. If they get more focused and higher, a Steep 2 could be the definitive snowboarding game.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I really did not enjoy Steep. The movement feels sluggish to the point where I felt like I was fighting the controller at times trying to do what I wanted. The mission structure is bizarre and not well explained, when a simpler system of events akin to a driving game probably would've been more fun. Put it down a while a go and have not intention of going back, and as the previous commenter mentioned, SSX is far more fun if you want to do some arcade style snowboarding. 

49 minutes ago, Kazzerscout said:

I really did not enjoy Steep. The movement feels sluggish to the point where I felt like I was fighting the controller at times trying to do what I wanted. The mission structure is bizarre and not well explained, when a simpler system of events akin to a driving game probably would've been more fun. Put it down a while a go and have not intention of going back, and as the previous commenter mentioned, SSX is far more fun if you want to do some arcade style snowboarding. 

It's a realistic kind of sports game so the physics aren't as forgiving. It's a different type of experience they were trying to go for with this game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kazzerscout said:

There's a definite learning curve with all the sports disciplines.  It takes a few hours to learn all the nuances with the controls.  I was frustrated at first, but persevered and grew to really like it. You may have bailed too early to discover the full spectrum of the game.