Still no platinum for Siralim

Burgins

28 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Dev apparently said it is Sony Call.

Yeah, I hear this kinda thing often, and honestly, I find it to be a bit bs, when you see some of the games out there that have plats, and the others that don't. If it is up to Sony who gets a plat, and who doesn't, then how did that game that originally labeled itself in the psn store as a fast plat get the go ahead from Sony to have a plat? How did that I Am Mayo game get a plat? I honestly think it's either a cop out answer from devs, or something fishy is going on over at Sony. Either way. Imo, they need to go to Microsofts system, of all games getting plats. Only way to avoid people like me questioning this kinda thing. When you've got devs that put legit time and effort into story, combat, development of characters etc, and they don't get a plat, but you tap a button for 20 minutes on a game with a mayonnaise jar and get a plat, it really pisses me off ?

• Like 3

If it's actually sony's fault for games not having platinum.. then wth sony.. I thought it was some devs not bothering to put platinums in their games. I plat "Toro" recently who takes only a few hours and has you do the same exact thing over and over the whole time from start to finish.

I haven't played siralim but the games look fun and to have a good amount of content that would take a while to all beat. That's really too bad for the devs because I've hesitated to buy siralim 1 and 2 so many times since they're so often on sales for really cheap but ended up not doing so because I very rarely play games with no plats.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 1

I don't think it's the dev holding out on a Plat since the game has almost 1200 achievements on Steam. If it is Sony's call then it makes absolutely no sense considering this is an actual game and not a trophy cash-in like the others that have been mentioned. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Dev apparently said it is Sony Call. 

When smaller games with a smaller scale get a platinum....

Yeah. Siralim clearly doesn't have the content of Little Adventure on the Prairie. :D

All joking aside, though, did anyone manage to get the trophies in Siralim 2 legit?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

All joking aside, though, did anyone manage to get the trophies in Siralim 2 legit?

On the VITA version, two people on this site got Coerced Coexistence, which should be the most time-consuming one. More people got it on the PSN as a whole apparently. On the PS4, no one on this site and it stands at 0.4% in total.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

On the VITA version, two people on this site got Coerced Coexistence, which should be the most time-consuming one. More people got it on the PSN as a whole apparently. On the PS4, no one on this site and it stands at 0.4% in total.

those longer trophy's aren't appealing it equates to getting only 300 points on a game that takes as long as 40-100 hours. guess there's bragging rights for obtaining an ultra rare trophy.

6 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

those longer trophy's aren't appealing it equates to getting only 300 points on a game that takes as long as 40-100 hours. guess there's bragging rights for obtaining an ultra rare trophy.

If you think in terms of points, I guess so. I personaly tend to value completion of games I enjoy over points though since I couldn't care less for the latter. Even rarity for me is just a welcome bonus, what I dislike is having a game I genuinely liked at less than 100%.

Siralim 2 PS4 took me about 40 hours, while Vita took me over 100 hours. Performance was sure an issue with the Vita version. That, and Vita was my first playthrough. 

I agree with the OP, I am disappointed with no plat. Seems like a huge amount of content for only another 100%.

Edited by Kallume
  • Like 2

If it's any consolation to the folks who would like to play this on Vita, you could in theory remote play it to your Vita though it would be pretty bad connection. You can also remote play to PC and have the window smaller while you do other stuff on your computer. I wholeheartedly agree that Siralim is best consumed with something else or on a trip or something, so it sucks it won't be on Vita but there's some options still

On 2/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, Badkat18 said:

Yeah, I hear this kinda thing often, and honestly, I find it to be a bit bs, when you see some of the games out there that have plats, and the others that don't. If it is up to Sony who gets a plat, and who doesn't, then how did that game that originally labeled itself in the psn store as a fast plat get the go ahead from Sony to have a plat? How did that I Am Mayo game get a plat? I honestly think it's either a cop out answer from devs, or something fishy is going on over at Sony. Either way. Imo, they need to go to Microsofts system, of all games getting plats. Only way to avoid people like me questioning this kinda thing. When you've got devs that put legit time and effort into story, combat, development of characters etc, and they don't get a plat, but you tap a button for 20 minutes on a game with a mayonnaise jar and get a plat, it really pisses me off 1f621.png

I often wonder if the developers in question are dealing with different people inside Sony who have different understandings of what the rules for trophies are.

They could be telling the truth, and Bob Rando is telling them it doesn't qualify. While Sally Whoever is like "You get a plat, you get a plat, everybody gets a plat!". Sally is a big fan of Oprah.

I guess the first step to determine this would be if the developers of shovelware "buy a plat" games are in the same country as the developers claiming they weren't allowed by Sony. Then that's about as far as we can take it without actually talking to people within Sony, at least as far as I can think of. But I'm getting sick of the run around and double standards. Whether it's lies from developers, Sony being stupid, or whatever the reason. Get an actual standard and stick with it. ffs.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 4:28 AM, Elvick_ said:

I often wonder if the developers in question are dealing with different people inside Sony who have different understandings of what the rules for trophies are.

They could be telling the truth, and Bob Rando is telling them it doesn't qualify. While Sally Whoever is like "You get a plat, you get a plat, everybody gets a plat!". Sally is a big fan of Oprah.

I guess the first step to determine this would be if the developers of shovelware "buy a plat" games are in the same country as the developers claiming they weren't allowed by Sony. Then that's about as far as we can take it without actually talking to people within Sony, at least as far as I can think of. But I'm getting sick of the run around and double standards. Whether it's lies from developers, Sony being stupid, or whatever the reason. Get an actual standard and stick with it. ffs.

I would be interested to hear this broken down further one day.  It could also be that additional steps are required to justify getting a platinum, and some developers aren't able or don't want to deal with them.

33 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I saw it mentioned on here somewhere that Sony charges for a platinum trophy. If/what they charge and whether the developer can/will pay it would be what each ones comes down to then.

The problem is that Sony keeps flip flopping on what does and doesn't justify a Platinum, which then leads to mass confusion amongst the devs so many of them simply don't bother asking for one. AFAIK, the Platinum is free - the devs just have to ask if they can have one.

• 3 weeks later...

A developer once told me it was just more complicated to implement a Platinum. So if it is important for a developer to get a Platinum, it definitely is possible. The Apex Construct guys for example regret not to have a Platinum. They just weren't aware how important it is for a lot of people. They wrote on reddit "we learned our lesson".