Backlog on Profiles

I would welcome a backlog feature directly on this site. At the moment I use a notation app on my phone, both for games that have come out that I intend to play some day, or unreleased games that I know I will want to play. 

But, I would personally suggest that a game should be removed from the backlog automatically as soon as a trophy has been earned for it -- or at least it should then already count torwards completion %, unearned trophies and all those other stats that would be artificially inflated otherwise by people moving their uncompleted games to their backlog. A 100%-profile shouldn't be something that you can simply achieve by moving everything to your backlog ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

I would welcome a backlog feature directly on this site. At the moment I use a notation app on my phone, both for games that have come out that I intend to play some day, or unreleased games that I know I will want to play. 

But, I would personally suggest that a game should be removed from the backlog automatically as soon as a trophy has been earned for it -- or at least it should then already count torwards completion %, unearned trophies and all those other stats that would be artificially inflated otherwise by people moving their uncompleted games to their backlog. A 100%-profile shouldn't be something that you can simply achieve by moving everything to your backlog 1f642.png

You aren't moving the game to your backlog to inflate your completion. It's a separate list with separate stats. All other stats continue to be tracked as normal. 

• Like 3

I use Backloggery to track my collection and so far I've only been playing one game at a time hence I only add to my profile when I start a new game so I don't have a cluttered profile. However, that's just because I'm realtively new to this site and also hyper-organised irl. This would be great for people who aren't freaky weirdos like me though

I like the Backlog feature but think it should be used only for games you have not started (0% trophy progress).

It would make it much easier to see boosting/gaming sessions for those games you own but just have not started yet, which would be helpful especially for older, not as popular games, that you could join in when something is available.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

With over 100 games on my backlog this could be a great help.

I track my own progress so I may not use it anyway.

i do that too, tbh i really need to target some of my non-plats i think i'll go for the dragon lair trilogy once i finish my long game.

everything is on a notepad, gotta back it up in case my computer fails on me. nearly happened last week when my keyboard decided to slam on top of my computer tower had to do a bit of open case surgery (pushing in the graphics card slot a bit) think it came loose.

planning on replacing it someday it's ancient.

Edited by kingdrake2

16 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

i do that too, tbh i really need to target some of my non-plats i think i'll go for the dragon lair trilogy once i finish my long game.

everything is on a notepad, gotta back it up in case my computer fails on me. nearly happened last week when my keyboard decided to slam on top of my computer tower had to do a bit of open case surgery (pushing in the graphics card slot a bit) think it came loose.

planning on replacing it someday it's ancient.

That’s the idea really. A lot of people are doing stuff like this to maintain a backlog list - which is very ancient and a manual task. 

Implementing something like this would streamline the process for most. 

1 hour ago, FawltyPowers said:

I've had this exact tool running now for almost a year (I think!) on a spreadsheet.

It contains games I have started and games I own but have not yet added to my trophy list. Games that are already completed to 100% or games where I have earned all trophies except ones that are unavailable (server closures etc) do not appear here. I know I've posted this before but feel this gives a good visual idea of what a backlog can become:

CWomNO7.jpg

It's got quite a level of detail, including Main Game and DLC trophies, the rarity of each trophy, how many are online, offline and unavailable (server closures) and the estimated time and difficulty.

I track a lot of other stats as well (this is page 5) but I've found over time this is the main sheet I concentrate on so I absolutely see the value of a feature like this.

Not only that but when you start to amass a library of games it's really easy to lose track of what they are, this feature brings things into context.

The only thing I don't agree with is moving incomplete games from your main profile page to a backlog page as this causes a misrepresentation of your profile. I agree having a backlog page which would include your incomplete games is a Work In Progress you can focus on but your main page shouldn't alter because that is an accurate view of your profile. If you want to improve your profile, then you can work on your backlog. The two compliment each other.

Man, that is an impressive spreadsheet. As someone who loves Excel, that is making me salivate haha. Excellent work. 

I'm not proposing that you move a game from your main profile to the backlog section, which would alter stats in terms of completion, etc. I'm saying you can add a game you are working on to your backlog and the game is just duplicated in the backlog section which would have its own set of stats. Stats on your main profile and the games list would continue to operate as normal with the backlog operating independently of main profile and having its own stats. 

@Sly Ripper would something like what I proposed in the OP be possible? 28 likes now so it seems people are pretty keen on it. ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

I'm not proposing that you move a game from your main profile to the backlog section, which would alter stats in terms of completion, etc. I'm saying you can add a game you are working on to your backlog and the game is just duplicated in the backlog section which would have its own set of stats. Stats on your main profile and the games list would continue to operate as normal with the backlog operating independently of main profile and having its own stats.

My mistake I misinterpreted the part where you wrote about appeasing those who want to keep a 100% profile, I'll edit my post.

I really like the idea and I hope it gets considered as a feature.

• Like 1

@adam1984123

I've started a topic some months or years ago asking for the exact same thing. So thanks to you for having done this analysis.

I would be awesome and sooooo soooo useful.

It could be a premium only functionnality in order to motivate people becoming premium.

Some people could also use it as a wishlist.

For this part "If you complete a backlog game, it would automatically be removed from your list without the need to manually do it with the remove from backlog button."

Honestly it can be done without this feature. Each one can manage it and add/remove games manually.

As a developper, I'd said that In the database, you only need to create a table with "user id" / "game id".

Is it possible to help developping this functionnality ?

@FawltyPowers

Each time you add a game in your list, you manually enter every information ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DynaVita said:

@FawltyPowers

He has a large backlog.  What would get me is that games have trophies that shift rarities all the time (from ultra rare to very rare, etc.) or the platinum/100% rate constantly changes.  Does he go through game by game periodically and ensure that his listing is accurate?

I have a spreadsheet too with a lot of similarities to what he has.  Not as much info (like estimated time or difficulty), but trophies earned and remaining by G/S/B remaining, etc.

There's a lot of manual control over the raw data to customise it to have everything I find relevant, for example I have to list whether each trophy is offline, online or unavailable (guides and forums), which in turn affects potential trophy completion percentage on my main stats page. Then there's a couple of macros that create the various lists, stats figures and charts.

Rarity Stats for 0% games are correct at the time the trophy list is added and are not maintained.

Rarity Stats for trophies earned are updated the day they are earned and then on the first of each month using the figures on the Trophy Log tab. I didn't update them this month though as I didn't get chance.

With all the work that's gone into this and with how much I use it to keep on top of things I can see the value that a feature like this would have if it was implemented.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DynaVita said:

@adam1984123

I've started a topic some months or years ago asking for the exact same thing. So thanks to you for having done this analysis.

I would be awesome and sooooo soooo useful.

It could be a premium only functionnality in order to motivate people becoming premium.

Some people could also use it as a wishlist.

For this part "If you complete a backlog game, it would automatically be removed from your list without the need to manually do it with the remove from backlog button."

Honestly it can be done without this feature. Each one can manage it and add/remove games manually.

As a developper, I'd said that In the database, you only need to create a table with "user id" / "game id".

Is it possible to help developping this functionnality ?

@FawltyPowers

I agree, should be a premium only feature to encourage people to sign up. 

Looks like the idea is being pretty well received now. ?

• Like 1

Just want to throw in another round of support for this idea. It would be really helpful & I can say that with total sincerity because lately I've been resurrecting games on my list from 4-10 years ago in an effort to rank up some of those 'E's & it takes forever to locate them on the list. The other day I noticed I had left a ton of the easy trophies in Mamoru Kun Curse & after popping most of those thought I should go for them in the Japanese version too & it was a total bastard to find the bloody game!! Just about crashes my phone scrolling that far down. I'd totally get premium for this as well btw. 

• Like 3

I would love this! ?

I would also add the ability to join a session for a game that is only on your backlog and not yet on your main list.

I had it happen quite a few times that I couldn't properly join a session for a game because it was not yet added to my main list. I either had to add another 0% game to my list without being sure that the session would actually work out or just add a comment in the session hoping everything would work out and that I was taken into the communication loop of the session. Luckily we already have the option to remove 0% games from our list, that used to be different!

And on your profile the backlog should be complete separate from your actual trophylist and stats. Only thing that is allowed is that uncompleted games from your actual trophylist, can be added to the backlog until they are completed.

Edited by Kolm