Backlog on Profiles

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 4:01 AM, adam1984123 said:

First off, I know this topic has been discussed many times before and always comes up in some roundabout way, but since nothing has ever been done about it, I wanted to bring this idea back to the surface with some of my vision of what this could look like.

If you look at the community events page on this site, events that involve backlogs are by far the most common types and it is time the site had a feature that helped facilitate this. Below I have made some very poor screen snaps (sorry, I have 0 graphical design skills) to illustrate the point.

71tx1v.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/Prxc3BK

This first snap shows the current game list when browsing this site. As shown, a button could be added to games that aren't already on your list where you could just add them to your backlog in 1 easy click.

The second part of that snap shows the current screen when you are looking at a game itself. A button could be added here also to add a game to your backlog from this screen.

szijow.jpg

This screen shows the current profile screen with a BACKLOG tab added.

2qnwmjd.jpg

The final screen shows what the backlog screen could look like once you click that tab. Instead of games played, it could show backlog games. Completed games could become games with trophies earned. Completion and unearned would essentially stay the same except change to the backlog numbers. It would be good to see how long it would take you to complete your backlog based on your current ave trophies per day and your unearned total. And finally your 'backlog rank' to show who has the biggest of them all because some people on this site like being number 1 at something. 1f61d.png

The remove backlog button could be used if you decide that you no longer want to play a game and have it in your backlog.

Doing the backlog feature this way would also appease those who like to have '100%' profiles and don't want to necessarily add games to their profile that they may not play for months or years. You could also browse other people's backlogs, the same way you can currently view their stats, etc. and if you have a match in your own backlog, it may be a good way to meet new people and play a game together that has an online component to it.

If you complete a backlog game, it would automatically be removed from your list without the need to manually do it with the remove from backlog button.

Anyway, thats all I got to now.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

edit: just to be clear, your main profile and the backlog list would operate independently of each other so a backlog game where you have earnt a couple of trophies would still appear on your main profile as well so as to not artificially inflate completion stats. Backlog stats are totally separate. 

I have seen a lot of posts on this site, but yours is filled with some great ideas!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

And back to front page you go, honestly with the talk of the ribbon system I'd love to see this out forward first

1 hour ago, freddie1989 said:

I love this idea. The ribbon idea is superb as well but I would rather this was implemented first as I can make use of this.

Thanks for the fan mail guys but sadly I doubt it will ever get up. 

16 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Thanks for the fan mail guys but sadly I doubt it will ever get up. 

Another post has gone up regarding your personal choice of what should be first. Hopefully your useful idea wins the poll so it is at least in the thought process.

3 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

And back to front page you go, honestly with the talk of the ribbon system I'd love to see this out forward first

The ribbon system idea came from site mods, this one didn't. Which probably explains the priority being given to the ribbon system.

I'm not trying to knock the mods, just pointing out human nature.

3 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The ribbon system idea came from site mods, this one didn't. Which probably explains the priority being given to the ribbon system.

I'm not trying to knock the mods, just pointing out human nature.

Priority is not being given to the ribbon system, and I’d like to personally see things like this and the series system get finished first.

I think this is the first time I've seen this suggestion... :hmm: I definitely like it though, I keep my backlog on my "About Me" page, but I tend to forget to update it whenever I finish a game (like right now, there's at least 2 games I need to mark off it). ?