Idiots guide to Gummi Ship

creepingbecca

first things first you need to level up the gummi ship to at least level 10 or above in order to start adding in extra firepower (weapon gummis).  I would fly around and do all the heartless missions and then go unlock the 3 treasure moons and then start upgrading your firepower.  Once you hit lvl 24 you unlock mini gummi ships to help.  The game will also walk you through each progression you make with the gummi ship so advance a bit in the story past world 3 and then start gummi hunting

2 hours ago, creepingbecca said:

I was hoping someone could just help me understand about more about upgrading my ship, what the items do in the shop and just a easy explanation about how to get the best ship. Its the only part of the game i've always struggled with and i've looked online but always got confused!

Do missions and get experience to level up the ship first.  Try and get the treasure spheres and A ranks on missions to get better weapons.

Make your own ship, I jam packed as many guns as possible onto my ship and it helped a lot.  I used cannons that shot 4 directions.

This one I didnt realize until later on but when editing your ship theres an abilities section that you can put points into, it is massivly useful especially making your cannons do more damage.

If you've photographed all of the constellations, then I recommend using the Omega Special ship in the first Galaxy to A Rank all of the gummi missions there.  It can also comfortably B Rank a lot of the second galaxy missions too.  After that, try out the Highwind 4 or Highwind Peak (you can buy those from the gummi shop), that got me through all of the rest of the A Ranks I needed for the Salvager trophy and after opening all the treasure spheres, I had enough pieces to build a better ship.

I followed the video guide below, with slight modifications as I didn't have all the pieces they did - add the teeny ships and it was great for taking down Schwarz and Omega

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I haven't seen any constellations, am I just blind or are they difficult to notice?

I've made it to Corona so far.

If you fly to the right of Corona, there is one there so it should give you an idea of what to look out for.  The stars in the constellation are much brighter than anything else and they do stand out, but some of them take some searching for.

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Do missions and get experience to level up the ship first.  Try and get the treasure spheres and A ranks on missions to get better weapons.

Make your own ship, I jam packed as many guns as possible onto my ship and it helped a lot.  I used cannons that shot 4 directions.

This one I didnt realize until later on but when editing your ship theres an abilities section that you can put points into, it is massivly useful especially making your cannons do more damage.

Oh yeah, abilities... I forgot all about them.  My Gummi Ship needs some abilities on it then, so I'll do that when I'm back on my game for sure.  Been trying to give it good armor and decent firepower with as much speed as I can (still can't infiltrate the tornado yet, but I can infiltrate the sand vortex in the first galaxy).

1 minute ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Oh yeah, abilities... I forgot all about them.  My Gummi Ship needs some abilities on it then, so I'll do that when I'm back on my game for sure.  Been trying to give it good armor and decent firepower with as much speed as I can (still can't infiltrate the tornado yet, but I can infiltrate the sand vortex in the first galaxy).

Ya I must have tried the Orichulum+ boss like 10 times then I found the abilities and I got it first try so the abilities are massive and make it much easier.  I recommend going for the Orichulum+ and 20 gummi treasures first before doing the tornado you will get a lot of levels on your gummy. 

1 minute ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Ya I must have tried the Orichulum+ boss like 10 times then I found the abilities and I got it first try so the abilities are massive and make it much easier.  I recommend going for the Orichulum+ and 20 gummi treasures first before doing the tornado you will get a lot of levels on your gummy. 

Fair enough, my ship is about level 56... around that level last I did gummi stuff, but I'll look into the Orichalcum+ later on when I'm on my game.  But regardless, abilities I shall need to put onto my ship for sure :)

18 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Oh yeah, abilities... I forgot all about them.

I somehow managed to kill this tornado boss(the one tied to gold trophy) without using any abilities(I never noticed the menu, don't ask). Used a custom Falcon lvl4 with bottom cannon replaced by a automatic lock-on cannon. Installed a bit of "lights" that boost power and made teeny ships with 85 speed and one simple cannon. Still didn't took much time, but I wish I wasn't as blind and used abilities.

Edited by Akrioz

On 2/4/2019 at 7:01 AM, Deluziion90 said:

Just do the early stuff on galaxy 1.
treasures, kill everything just level your ship up a bit.

after that follow this guy:

I copied this ship and it destroys everything

This is exactly what I did, got all the blueprints in the first galaxy then that ship carried me until I could make the Milkbox ship. Only took a few tries to kill Schwartzgeist and then the ship you get for beating him gets you A's on every heartless battle after that including Schwartz.

I haven't even unlocked the third galaxy yet, but if Schwartz was the hardest boss it should be easy.

Edited by Pokedude97
  • Like 1