Best unknown Indie games! Or obscure games!

SuchRemorse

It's definitely hard to keep up with all the games that are coming out. You are sure to miss a few good ones.  What are some of your favorite indie games. Or obscure games that many people don't know about? Drop a few games that you want more people to know about! These games aren't my absolute favorite. But I don't think they are very well known. Worth checking out! 

Brothers tale of 2 sons Ps3/Ps4 Interesting game. Control 2 characters at the same time. 

Detuned Ps3 Super short but interesting Music game.

Journey Ps3/Ps4 Not sooo rare but good!

Linger in Shadows Ps3 Weird short game.

LA. Cops Ps4  Decent short Cop shooter game

Akimi Village Ps3 Cool Obscure building game 

Those are some of my choices of games I think people should check out. If you like Indie or Obscure games. Have fun! :)

Greed Corp is a fun strategy games though it’s a bit dated now 

any of the Siralim games are fun they are sorta like Pokémon but you can level up endlessly

Asemblance is a great walking sim it’s kinda like Stanley parable except it gets influences from the shows twilight zone and black mirror

Lumo was a great game it’s kinda like Super Mario 64 in a way but it’s pretty difficult 

The Talos Principle was a great puzzle game that has been greatly overlooked

This was a ps plus game awhile back but deadly premonition is the greatest mystery/horror game I ever played story wise. The game play is pretty bad but the story more than makes up for it.

Also octodad lol don’t have to say much about this other than it’s entertaining for sure.

Edited by StiffTripple_X
  • Like 1

Remothered: Tormented fathers  is a hide and seek style game, much in the vein of haunting grounds or clock tower. You play as a mostly defenceless character going into a mansion and solving puzzles while being chased by a stalker. Your only defence is hiding or using items you can throw to momentarily stun your pursuer so you can get away. It's an interesting game and those with a knack for that particular old-school style gameplay will enjoy it.

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the shogun Is basically Commandos but in weeb times. You control up to 5 different characters in a real-time, top-down view with a set task. The schtick is that every character has their own specializations. Also there's a high emphasis on stealth as your characters simply won't do anything without your input. So you can't just send off a character to fight multiple enemies.

Also giving a shoutout to Deception IV. The entire premise is that you're the daughter of the devil (yes really) and you work to ressurect him and start a new age. Gameplaywise you control the main character in a small set of locations, and your only way of attack is setting up traps which you have to lure enemies into. You can use these traps for lengthy combos and get rewarded the more intricate your trap placements becomes. It's a very quirky and highly recommended game, it certainly did not get enough love from the fanbase.

• Like 1

- Flinthook (2d platformer/shooter with grapple hook and time slow down mechanic)

- Hammerwatch (gauntlet style game)

- Owlboy (charming 2d platformer)

- Death's Gambit  (2d dark souls style game)

- Tesla Vs Lovecraft (fun twin stick shooter)

The Adventure Pals (cute 2d platformer)

Slayaway Camp (isometric slider puzzle game with friday the 13th aesthetic)

Hyper Light Drifter (classic legend of zelda kinda gameplay)

Timespinner (metroidvania with time slow down mechanic)

Klaus (2d puzzle platformer)

Omega Strike (contra side scrolling shooter metroidvania)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sanetsuken said:

Also giving a shoutout to Deception IV. The entire premise is that you're the daughter of the devil (yes really) and you work to ressurect him and start a new age. Gameplaywise you control the main character in a small set of locations, and your only way of attack is setting up traps which you have to lure enemies into. You can use these traps for lengthy combos and get rewarded the more intricate your trap placements becomes. It's a very quirky and highly recommended game, it certainly did not get enough love from the fanbase.

This is another one I'd like to give a go to. I haven't played Deception since the PS1 era, but it was fun back then.

Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils:  2D Platformer with puzzles.

Deadbolt: Stealth-Action side-scroller with an awesome soundtrack.
Dragooned:  Fighting game that received the "Gem Of The Week" Award on here.  Really wasn't that bad of a game - great to pick up and play with no BS.

Neurovoider:  Rouge-lite/Rouge-like, Twin stick shooter with a kick-ass soundtrack and local co-op (couch co-op).  My all-time favorite shooter game.

Riddled Corpses EX:  Arcade shooter with a great soundtrack and local co-op (couch co-op).
Socketeer:  Rouge-lite/Rouge-like that isn't that bad, but it does have some frame rate issues on the PS4 (not sure if it was ever fixed).  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I prefer narrative driven games, so most of my recommendations are going to be that.

Afterparty: Made by the developers of Oxenfree and uses the same mechanics. Goal of the game is to beat Satan in a drinking contest to escape Hell.

Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth: A point-and-click adventure game. Unique in that it’s also historical fiction, set in 12th century England where a small struggling town begins construction on a cathedral. May be dreadfully boring to some but I found the backdrop and story beautiful.

Infinifactory: You construct assembly lines to create certain objects. It’s a 3D construction puzzle that can get very difficult and requires some creative problem-solving.

The Bradley Conspiracy: Firewatch meets Portal. Escape a crumpling science facility with a 3D printer gun while uncovering a massive conspiracy.

Yomawari: Midnight Shadows: The most adorable horror game I’ve ever played! And Japanese ghosts are just scarier for some reason!

Detention: Another Asian horror game, this time it’s Taiwanese. Really interesting game as it incorporates Taiwanese culture and mythology into the world. And like Silent Hill, all the horror is a symbolism for the main character’s guilt.

• Like 2

Some indie games I’ve personally played and found super enjoyable:

Rogue Aces 
Steamworld Dig 2

Typoman

GhoulBoy

Old Man’s Journey

Also I just picked up Slain: Back to Hell recently. I haven’t got a chance to play it yet so I can’t add it to that list, but it looks really awesome and unique so I thought I’d mention it anyways in case you wanted to check it out.

Also - great idea for a topic! I’m currently going through each post scribbling down game titles like a madman. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild