Any Way to get a Cheater Account Unbanned here?

Agreed! All of us have admitted to a little bit of cheating by using exploits, boosting, and have not been purists at all. So why keep the leaderboards "pure" when it really isn't? It's just only gaming and nobody will get any rewards for being the fastest or even the first to plat in a game ever so what's the big deal? All this hypocrisy about cheating in a very little way is getting out of hand and people need to look at the fact that everyone cheats one way or another no matter who they are unless there is an obvious cheater who tries to overtake Hakoom for the guinness book of records for the most plats and some other record I can't remember what it was on here. Anyways, I think only the obvious cheaters should be deleted and not the minor cheaters should be deleted because not only it makes more gamers happy but it makes Sly's life more easier by giving him less work and implement more updates to the site. Have a good day :)

• Like 1

Glitches, cheat codes, boosting... all of that kind of "cheating" is within the realm of what can be done within the game. Nothing worthy of a flag or a ban.

i don't know specifically what the OP did but I'd reckon it wasn't anything like those examples. Banning from the leaderboards is the right call, but I do think the OP should still be able to utilize the site for tracking trophies or whatever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I will admit that back in the PS3 days I used to cheat some of my games on PS3, that resulted in trophy pops.  I am not even going to lie to you and say I didn't do it.  

The thing is, I like PSN Profiles for it's ability to look over all my games and keep track of the ones I am doing legit, I do not care to be on leaderboards or gloat or show off to people.  I only ever used to cheat for my own amusement, not to ruin integrity for other players.  I like PSN profiles for the ability to look over my games easily - as even the PS trophy menu is slow and you have to scroll - whereas on here I can F3 and type the game name.  

I am not trying to get in a debate with anybody about the ethics of cheating.  I was just wondering if it's possible to get unbanned and remain off the leaderboards on my main account.  We used to have a dirty leaderboard here but it's been removed, and when that happened my account was also nuked and I can't even track myself.  

I look at places like Exophase and they allow it without ban, they remove you from leaderboards though (As it should be.)  I would like to be able to do the same here because I don't like the UI of exophase.  

(PS: this is my alt self-boosting account, I have never cheated on this one.)

Nope. Never. Just make a new account. And don't cheat! :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I will admit that back in the PS3 days I used to cheat some of my games on PS3, that resulted in trophy pops.  I am not even going to lie to you and say I didn't do it.  

The thing is, I like PSN Profiles for it's ability to look over all my games and keep track of the ones I am doing legit, I do not care to be on leaderboards or gloat or show off to people.  I only ever used to cheat for my own amusement, not to ruin integrity for other players.  I like PSN profiles for the ability to look over my games easily - as even the PS trophy menu is slow and you have to scroll - whereas on here I can F3 and type the game name.  

I am not trying to get in a debate with anybody about the ethics of cheating.  I was just wondering if it's possible to get unbanned and remain off the leaderboards on my main account.  We used to have a dirty leaderboard here but it's been removed, and when that happened my account was also nuked and I can't even track myself.  

I look at places like Exophase and they allow it without ban, they remove you from leaderboards though (As it should be.)  I would like to be able to do the same here because I don't like the UI of exophase.  

(PS: this is my alt self-boosting account, I have never cheated on this one.)

I think what you're asking for is reasonable, and unless I'm misunderstanding is totally possible. No one is "banned" from the site (to my knowledge), just the leaderboards. Since you don't care about the leaderboards, there should be nothing stopping you from using the site as you want.

What am I missing?

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 3

Is this related to a recently removed account? :P If it's the account I'm thinking of, well, I really don't think you're wanted on this site tbh. It was removed rather than getting flags for a good reason. Being a repeat offender, we're not interested in providing you with the reasons why you get caught. I'm also unsure why we would want to waste server resources tracking a 25k+ trophies account with cheated trophies. This applies if you are who I assume you are.

EDIT: He's nothing like that!

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Is this related to a recently removed account? :P If it's the account I'm thinking of, well, I really don't think you're wanted on this site tbh. It was removed rather than getting flags for a good reason. Being a repeat offender, we're not interested in providing you with the reasons why you get caught. I'm also unsure why we would want to waste server resources tracking a 25k+ trophies account with cheated trophies. This applies if you are who I assume you are.

Doesn't matter if I'm wanted on this site, my reasons still apply that you guys still make such a big deal over pixelated awards ???

2 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Sooooo if someone steals a little bit of money from a bank it's not as bad as someone who steals A LOT of money from that bank is what you are saying? :)

Exactly!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sofa King said:

Glitches, cheat codes, boosting... all of that kind of "cheating" is within the realm of what can be done within the game. Nothing worthy of a flag or a ban.

Various things, including modding my saves and using other people's saves.  Since I do have unnatural trophies - like in some games level 10, 30, 50 all at the same time because of modded XP.  I've legitimately cheated, like probably the worst kind besides outright hacks. 

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

Is this related to a recently removed account? :P

No, my account was removed as far back as 2013 or 2014.   I have never contested my ban because I was fully aware of why it happened.  However recently I have found myself wanting to use this site more again. 

2 hours ago, RNumbers said:

No one is "banned" from the site (to my knowledge), just the leaderboards. Since you don't care about the leaderboards, there should be nothing stopping you from using the site as you want.

What am I missing?

When I type my username it tells me the user has been removed and cannot be tracked.  If I click go to my profile the screen just refreshes and doesn't take me there.  My entire profile was seemingly scrubbed.  I think this was before any 3 flags or whatever was in place too - this was a long time ago.  I never received warnings or anything, just one day could no longer track myself and assumed/accepted that I was banned.  

2 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Why not just make a clean account? It's not like you need to track your cheated games? huh?

Uhh... my PSN account has over $15,000 invested in it in the past 10+ years.  I'm not leaving that behind just for this website lol  You think I only have cheated games on there?  

If I cannot come back and track myself and be off leaderboards, then so be it - but I figured I would ask if it was possible.  I am not looking to be ranked or compare myself to any of you guys, I've just always found this website to be a convenience thing and I miss it.  

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Sent.  Thank you for looking into it.  Shouldn't be too insane.  I would say 90% of my stuff is still legit.  

Just message the site owner. MMDE just handles the dispute subforum and didn't have anything to do with removing accounts back then. Sly will be able to put your profile back in rotation.

• Like 2

Cheating is cheating. It's not completely black and white to me though. Boosting is cheating to me. In so I too have cheated. But admitting is a good start. Hopefully you get unbanned and just removed from leaderboards.

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

Just message the site owner. MMDE just handles the dispute subforum and didn't have anything to do with removing accounts back then. Sly will be able to put your profile back in rotation.

Doesn't mean I can't check if there's a chance he'd be able to get back, or what the issue is, and what kind of a ban it is etc. I've already told him what he should do about it. And do you really think I only handle the dispute forum? :S 

Edited by MMDE

I got flagged for using a save in LittleBigPlanet 2 (yes, it was my own, whatever, not the point of this post), and as you all know, with a flag comes investigation and eventually someone found out I had some stamps in Just Cause 2 that don't add up at all.

It says I beat chapter 4 or 5 before 2 or 3 or something like that, for a handful of them. That one weirds me out the most, since I only ever beat like chapter 2 or 3 the most, I know the further on trophies are from a friend's PlayStation. Long before I had my own PS3, I used a friend's. He didn't have the internet either, so when he'd bring it over, I'd download all the Minis and PS1 Classics I'd already owned on my account for my PSP so he could play them too. This linked my account to his PlayStation, and eventually when he got internet, all his trophies became my trophies too. There's, I don't know, somewhere between 500 and 1000 trophies from that dude's account, because if you look at my stats, my first trophy has no stamp, my 500th milestone has no stamp, but my 1000th does, so somewhere in there I got my account going and started earning my own. When he finally got the internet, he didn't care about trophies or digital games or anything, and as such, kept my account around to play my digital games, and for a good while longer, his trophies were mine. 

So with Just Cause, it seems I beat the first couple chapters and got the relevant trophies, but then when he finally got on the net and synced his trophies, his ones for beating a bit more of the game got synced and added to my profile, hence the time confusion.

Other people using my shit is still a thing that happens. Nowadays I account share with a friend so she can play my games and use my Plus, and her dad was over and played Call of Duty WWII, on my account apparently, the other day, and popped 3 trophies in it too. I've never owned that game (on PlayStation anyway, I do actually have it on Xbox, though I've never played it either), and yet I have trophies for it. 

So what the fuck am I getting at, you ask? Well, I wanna ask you two li'l questions, since this thread seems to be focused around a bit of confusion and whatnot around what's deemed an offence.

1. Does someone else earning trophies on your account mean you shouldn't be allowed on the site?

2. And if not, then should odd time stamps like those in Just Cause be considered cheating, when there's a plausible explanation given?

The point is, I understand that things like this need policing, and that's fine and dandy, but given the point of OP was talking about things long in the past and all that, surely there should be an allowance, for lack of a better word. Say someone, like me, has those Just Cause trophies. Say someone, like me, has a believable explanation for how they got there. Say someone, like me, also doesn't have anything else goofy looking on their account with over 500 odd games on it (yes, I know, I have the LBP2 bullshit, I'm not actually petitioning to get unflagged, I don't care, I'm talking hypotheticals here). It's been 15 years, the PlayStation 29 is out, there's not so much as a single weird looking thing on that guy's profile, does it ever become forgivable? 

Because, like OP implies, damn near everyone used a cheat code in the day. Damn near everyone used a glitch, or a boosting session, or help from a friend, or anything.

Let me ask this, does me in grade 3 giving my memory card to a friend for the night and letting them beat the Mysterio level in Spider-Man 2 on PS2 that I was stuck on make me the worst Spider-Man 2 player, despite in the years since I've speed ran the thing in around 2 hours multiple times? 

Anyway, I have a Lego tower to build with my kiddo, I've been on here long enough, good day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

blah blah blah blah blah

Twin Galaxies, which reports gaming records to Guinness, removes people for all time from all records for the slightest infractions against their stated rules for authenticity. Take a look at Billy Mitchell's story.  Allowances are given, in the form of requiring three flags and not one.

Edit: Being flagged doesn't mean your gaming skills are bad, or even that you're necessarily a cheater, just that you're not in the running for the leaderboard ranks. Rightfully so.  Being removed from the website is a different story, and maybe the OP can find his way back on depending on the offense.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Twin Galaxies, which reports gaming records to Guinness, removes people for all time from all records for the slightest infractions against their stated rules for authenticity. Take a look at Billy Mitchell's story.  Allowances are given, in the form of requiring three flags and not one.

Edit: Being flagged doesn't mean you're a gaming skills are bad, or even that you're necessarily a cheater, just that you're not in the running for the leaderboard ranks. Rightfully so.  Being removed from the website is a different story, and maybe the OP can find his way back on depending on the offense.

No duh, but the people who report to the record holders, the actual authorities on such matters, have different codes of ethics and standards and whatnot than an individual running a site for hobbyists. 

More than anything, I'm laying out the idea that there's a large grey area on a site like this, and where the line gets drawn isn't always 100% clear. Certain things might get someone kicked, while doing those same things in another way or making sure to time the popping of trophies in a certain sequence, may go by entirely unnoticed for ever. 

But for the record, yeah, I agree, if you're caught cheating, then you should be off the 'boards, there's no real way to go "well I did it ten years ago and am sorry, can I come back now?" without it being unfair to everyone else. Like I said though, my whole point is an examination of the grey area. Clarity is key.

5 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I grew up in a time where I could pop a gameshark into my gameboy and nobody in the world would bat an eye, a time when cheats were actually licensed products and nobody drowned in a bowl of salt over it....

I don't want to be a "winner" or win - I just want to have fun... 

That's Apples and oranges...codes weren't/aren't cheating for profit and prestige.

5 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I grew up in a time where I could pop a gameshark into my gameboy and nobody in the world would bat an eye, a time when cheats were actually licensed products and nobody drowned in a bowl of salt over it....

I don't want to be a "winner" or win - I just want to have fun... 

Yeah. But noone ever said "I use my gameshark to complete pokemon blue in 12 seconds and sell it afterwards".

This is, what psn-cheaters do. Its not about getting somethin in a game - ist about completing a game without even play it.