Any Way to get a Cheater Account Unbanned here?

9 hours ago, PSXtreme_ said:

That's Apples and oranges...codes weren't/aren't cheating for profit and prestige.

How am I cheating for prestige when I don't even want to be on the leaderboards and stated as much in my OP????  Also how am I gonna profit from being able to track myself?  What am I selling, and to who?  That's a total Strawman of an argument...

9 hours ago, Belphega2208 said:

"I use my gameshark to complete pokemon blue in 12 seconds and sell it afterwards".
This is, what psn-cheaters do. 

No that's what a fringe MINORITY of PSN cheaters do.  Most people who cheat on any system just want to have fun...

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager
  • Like 2

Fun Fact :

GameGenie type devices were actually hated by Nintendo. Their original purpose was to be able to bypass lockouts so unlicensed games could be played to avoid conforming to Nintendo's rules laid out about 3rd party developers. 

In any case, you can ask Sly about unbanning you depending on the offense.

11 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

In any case, you can ask Sly about unbanning you depending on the offense.

Well when MMDE looked into it there was seemingly no offense.  Never been reported or flagged - but I think the automated system grabbed me.  I have just been waiting until I see Sly in chat to reach out to him.  

If anybody with the power wants to lock the thread I'm cool with that, because the satisfactory conclusion has been reached.  

16 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I grew up in a time where I could pop a gameshark into my gameboy and nobody in the world would bat an eye, a time when cheats were actually licensed products and nobody drowned in a bowl of salt over it....

I don't want to be a "winner" or win - I just want to have fun... 

you want to have fun and cheat  ???

4 hours ago, Phil said:

I suspect that you and I are close in age. Bro, we aren't living in the prosperous 90s anymore. This is the age of outrage culture. You can't just have fun. You need to take everything super serious and to the nth degree. 

How true this is :( It's like gaming is now treated like an Olympic sport.  Even Sony has never gone after me with as much zeal as some people here.  

6 hours ago, Kale said:

you want to have fun and cheat  ???

Yes I.e. in some games they have very grindy XP mechanisms that hamper the experience, especially nowadays when games are throttled to sell XP boosts - or even in one game I played Elemental Monster Online, they expected you to pay literal $1000s of dollars in online tickets to unlock everything in the game.  In these cases I am happy to cheat.  Really I would say 90% of what I do is legit, especially since PS4 came around - but sometimes I feel cheating makes my experience better.  

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

How true this is :( It's like gaming is now treated like an Olympic sport.  Even Sony has never gone after me with as much zeal as some people here.  

Yes I.e. in some games they have very grindy XP mechanisms that hamper the experience, especially nowadays when games are throttled to sell XP boosts - or even in one game I played Elemental Monster Online, they expected you to pay literal $1000s of dollars in online tickets to unlock everything in the game.  In these cases I am happy to cheat.  Really I would say 90% of what I do is legit, especially since PS4 came around - but sometimes I feel cheating makes my experience better.  

Were you being sarcastic when you wrote this ?

90% legit ? which means 10% isn't, cheating isn't morally right no matter how many times you cheated..

• Like 1

What about cheating to get trophies that we can't get anymore? I was watching my trophy list to check which next game I would 100% and I noticed that I didn't have GTA 5 for the PS3 platinum yet. What would be my surprise when I noticed that Rockstar removed bounties from the game and now people can't platinum the game because of that? I stopped playing GTA in 2014 and the only solution to get the "Run Like The Wind" trophy beside modding is to luckily have a bounty on my head in 2014 and now, five years later, this bounty still be active.

What about a case like this? If I cheat to get this unobtainable trophy should I get banned from PSNProfiles? What are your opinions? 

3 minutes ago, RaversPT said:

What about cheating to get trophies that we can't get anymore? I was watching my trophy list to check which next game I would 100% and I noticed that I didn't have GTA 5 for the PS3 platinum yet. What would be my surprise when I noticed that Rockstar removed bounties from the game and now people can't platinum the game because of that? I stopped playing GTA in 2014 and the only solution to get the "Run Like The Wind" trophy beside modding is to luckily have a bounty on my head in 2014 and now, five years later, this bounty still be active.

What about a case like this? If I cheat to get this unobtainable trophy should I get banned from PSNProfiles? What are your opinions? 

in my opinion it should be also banned. its just unfair to people who get some trophies legit sacrificing their time and energy to get them. you dont need to have 100% completition rate to be, i dont know, good gamer or else. personaly i dont care about 100% anymore ;)

What do you consider cheating?  Reading a walkthrough?  Looking up a solution to a puzzle online?

I only consider cheating when people somehow manipulate the code or whatever.  Like in LEMMINGS for PS3, the global top times for each level are like 1 or 2 seconds, even though the first lemming takes 5 seconds to even appear

41 minutes ago, Ravers said:

Run Like The Wind is not a bannable offense nowadays, but it was repeated to death and nobody cared.

Somebody has to put a bounty on you, they aren't automagically pop the trophy like a random COD game.

On 2/5/2019 at 6:01 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

No duh, but the people who report to the record holders, the actual authorities on such matters, have different codes of ethics and standards and whatnot than an individual running a site for hobbyists. 

More than anything, I'm laying out the idea that there's a large grey area on a site like this, and where the line gets drawn isn't always 100% clear. Certain things might get someone kicked, while doing those same things in another way or making sure to time the popping of trophies in a certain sequence, may go by entirely unnoticed for ever. 

But for the record, yeah, I agree, if you're caught cheating, then you should be off the 'boards, there's no real way to go "well I did it ten years ago and am sorry, can I come back now?" without it being unfair to everyone else. Like I said though, my whole point is an examination of the grey area. Clarity is key.

Difference is that you are talking about the leaderboards, whereas the OP was talking about the website in general.

3 hours ago, DarthDeathscythe said:

in my opinion it should be also banned. its just unfair to people who get some trophies legit sacrificing their time and energy to get them. you dont need to have 100% completition rate to be, i dont know, good gamer or else. personaly i dont care about 100% anymore ;)

I get your point, but people find different amusements on games. Besides enjoying the game, I like to 100% every game. Not because it makes me a better gamer or else, but just because it makes me feel like I explored all of that game. This website focus on trophies for the PSN, so like me, I suppose that a lot of people get mad because they can't 100% a game.

2 hours ago, RyanK100k said:

What do you consider cheating?  Reading a walkthrough?  Looking up a solution to a puzzle online?

I only consider cheating when people somehow manipulate the code or whatever.  Like in LEMMINGS for PS3, the global top times for each level are like 1 or 2 seconds, even though the first lemming takes 5 seconds to even appear

If we would consider cheating reading a walkthrough, most of the people on this website would be banned since we have a section with trophy guides with a ton of walkthroughs. I would only consider cheating if people somehow manipulate the code to their benefit, just like you said.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 0:51 PM, XLordXNightmareX said:

It's just only gaming and nobody will get any rewards for being the fastest or even the first to plat in a game ever so what's the big deal? 

If it's no big deal, why does it matter either way?

On 2/5/2019 at 9:27 PM, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I don't want to be a "winner" or win - I just want to have fun... 

Then why do you need your old account? I'm sure you can have fun with a new account.

This thread is remarkably dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Dumbdeedumb. 

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shiganshina said:

Damn leave the guy in peace...he just wants to keep track of his account. He clearly stated he doesn't care about the leaderboards, let him play as he wants.

Cheating to get more trophies seems okay to you?

It's like you agree that a thief steals food as long as he doesn't steal yours...

if he was a true player he'd play the games by the rules and follow the requirements to get the necessary trophies.. and not  get free trophies by hacking and cheating.

A game like Dark Souls is one of those i'm proud to have gotten the platinum. I would hate to see someone cheat and unlock trophies and platinum in a matter of minutes so he can just cry out loud " i'm better and faster than you !"

Also, Street Fighter 5 is perhaps the only game which i'll never get the platinum of, it's not because i won't be succeeding at getting a f****** platinum trophy that it means that  i'd cheat just to feel prouder of what i accomplish..

I don't care about the leaderboard too, i play to get as many trophies as i can but if i can become number 1 thanks to my efforts i'd really feel proud !

Of course it'll never happen :) and i'm not aiming to become the best as long as i take pleasure in playing.

Edited by Kale

8 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Let's not conflate the issue with such a ridiculous analogy. There is no comparison between playing video games/receiving digital timestamps and stealing sustenance: one is required to live, while the other is not.

When you close your eyes on those who cheat, you're not better than those who close their eyes against those who steal because you don't care as long as it doesn't concern you

Edited by Kale