Any Way to get a Cheater Account Unbanned here?

On 6-2-2019 at 4:27 AM, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I grew up in a time where I could pop a gameshark into my gameboy and nobody in the world would bat an eye, a time when cheats were actually licensed products and nobody drowned in a bowl of salt over it....

I don't want to be a "winner" or win - I just want to have fun... 

I also grew up in those times. Now I get with the times and realise that illegitimately earnt trophies do not belong on the leaderboards. What is stopping you from having fun? Go on ahead, cheat, you just don't get to be put with the people who didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STARLOVE said:

Now I get with the times and realise that illegitimately earnt trophies do not belong on the leaderboards. 

Okay - and I also said like 30 times now I don't want to be on the leaderboards... so what is the issue?

I just want to be able to look up myself on here, view my profile, which I can't do currently.  It's like some of you didn't even read the OP and just jumped in to be disingenuous. 

Edited by Lag_The_Ravager
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Okay - and I also said like 30 times now I don't want to be on the leaderboards... so what is the issue?

I just want to be able to look up myself on here, view my profile.  It's like some of you didn't even read the OP and just jumped in to be disingenuous. 

I know that is what you said, but I don't understand why you moan this sense of nostalgia. I don't see an issue with you being on the leaderboard (obviously not ranked). I just see this peddled around a lot and it makes no sense, it doesn't matter in the context of now.

Edited by STARLOVE

1 minute ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

It does matter because obviously this generation of gamers seems to think cheating even in an unranked aspect is morally wrong - and they need to understand that that is baseless projection of their moral compass.  This hasn't been the norm for most of gaming history.  

Who is "this generation of gamers" you speak of? There are plenty of people that will agree with you. Most people will agree that as long as you cheat offline without popping any trophies as a result of it, that there is no issue at all.

2 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Who is "this generation of gamers" you speak of? 

Read through this thread... I'm talking about the people implying I'm a loser, the people telling me that I'm immoral, the people suggesting I'm doing it for "prestige and profit" - there's about 3 pages of them... 

Also to my best knowlege you get trophies offline too... but I haven't even been cheating for years now... this was back on PS3, I just play my PS4 legit now.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Read through this thread... I'm talking about the people implying I'm a loser, the people telling me that I'm immoral, the people suggesting I'm doing it for "prestige and profit" - there's about 3 pages of them... 

3-4 people and 3 of them are from the 90s and 80s. Hardly a generation, but it's a moot point at this stage.

1 hour ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I never had an actual forum account with my main account afaik.  I only ever tracked myself through the profiles section. 

You used CFW on your main account.  You likely messed up somewhere because Sly implemented a program for folks' PSN are permanently removed if they tried syncing trophies with messed up dates.  For example today's date is 7 Feb 2019.  If you were to use CFW try using future dates on your games (like 2020 Feb 7), your PSN is automatically gone.  You won't be able to see your stats or anything.  You can still post on forums, though.  @B1rvine pretty much summed up what happened.  

Edited by grimydawg

13 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

What exactly is CFW and how is it fun?

It is Custom Firmware - admittedly I had somebody else from NGU do it on one game and some DLCs (Warhawk and then RAGE DLC, maybe another DLC, not sure), and to be frank I never should have.. but this was back in 2013... I used to be super bothered about games in the list stuck at 1%, etc.  Something I don't remotely care about now.  I personally have never owned a CFW machine.  None of my dates were future dates - just the guy who was on my account made them all 1:40 apart so it was a detectable pattern.  

Out of 190 games I have trophies for, maybe 3 were touched in any capacity by CFW.  I also hide those trophies both in shame - and so people don't think I actually did those games.  Again, it's not a matter of pride or gloating/competing.  

The vast majority of my cheating is hex edits and using other saves.  I have trophies for example like in GTA 4 I got Rank 1 and Rank 10 right away in MP just because of the save I used from another user which I didn't even know would happen.   

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Now i'm just curious to know what's the name of the banned account lol.

There's a reason I haven't posted that here.  A couple zealous people will go and report me to sony and I'm not about to lose $15,000 worth of games.  I know I was stupid to cheat - but I'm not THAT stupid.

12 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

It is Custom Firmware - admittedly I had somebody else do it on one game and some DLCs (Warhawk and then RAGE DLC, maybe another DLC, not sure), and to be frank I never should have.. but this was back  in 2013... I personally have never owned a CFW machine.  

The vast majority of my cheating is hex edits and using other saves.  I have trophies for example like in GTA 4 I got Rank 1 and Rank 10 right away in MP just because of the save I used from another user.   

Well, Sly implemented the auto removal feature I mentioned around that time frame.  So, to answer your question in the OP;  no, you cannot. 

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

Just now, grimydawg said:

Well, Sly implemented the auto removal feature I mentioned around that time frame.  So, to answer your question in the OP;  no, you cannot.  

Fair enough, I can just go back to Exophase but damn I don't like that website nearly as much :(

It was a stupid mistake half a decade ago, but if my punishment is permanent exile than so be it.  Can never know without asking first... 

2 minutes ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Fair enough, I can just go back to Exophase but damn I don't like that website nearly as much :(

It was a stupid mistake half a decade ago, but if my punishment is permanent exile than so be it.  Can never know without asking first... 

Well, you live and you learn.  That's life *shrugs*

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

What exactly is CFW and how is it fun?

CFW is short for Custom Firmware. You can see Firmware as the console's operative system (like Windows to PC). CFW can allow you to do more with your console, for example on PlayStation TV you don't have access to all of Vita's games (some aren't available depending on the region). But with CFW you not only have access to them but there's even a method of using the DS4 controller's touchpad to mimic Vita's touchpad something that, as far as I remember, Sony never bothered implementing.

The main problem is that the majority of people use CFW for piracy and cheating. With CFW you can unlock any trophies with a push of a button.

1 hour ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

Because this account has over $15,000 invested into it - your suggestion is dumb.  I have games on here I've invested literal $1000s into like Warframe, I'm not going to leave that behind to start a new account to use PSN profiles - it's an asinine suggestion.

Just saying in case you don't know but with the exception of the Vita (where you need some additional trickery since it was designed with only one account), other accounts on the console can have access to the games on your main account. All you have to do is activate the system (PS3) or set the system as primary (PS4) on your main account and all other accounts on that console have access to them. The only exception is things like microtransactions since by design they only work on the account that bought them so I can understand this solution not working for you if you spent that much money on games like Warframe.

On 2/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Sooooo if someone steals a little bit of money from a bank it's not as bad as someone who steals A LOT of money from that bank is what you are saying? :)

This has little to do with the topic at hand, but your comment reminds me of a joke I always make to my partner when we can't find something. That someone broke in and stole it. It's always something small, like one CD or batteries. It's the perfect crime!

• Like 1

@BlindMango, could you close the thread? He has requested it a couple of times, and honestly, I answered the reason why he's off in and what to do about it in PM just some few hours after he posted this thread. Either manual removal by Sly, in which case he might let you back, or auto removal, in which case you're out of luck.

"I can't see you having any reports, so you must have been caught by the automatic system, or Sly just outright removed you."

"You'd have to ask him. If it was auto, you're pretty screwed I'd say. Anyway, just create a new account or something then."

I also told him how to contact Sly.

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Let's not conflate the issue with such a ridiculous analogy. There is no comparison between playing video games/receiving digital timestamps and stealing sustenance: one is required to live, while the other is not.

you beat me...i'm defeated.

2 hours ago, Lag_The_Ravager said:

I don't care about your morals, not in the least.  Cheating is immoral in the context of a competition.  I'm not competing.  Some developers actively put cheats in their games - that alone should indicate to you something... morality is subjective, and I don't think when I play games alone, and don't compete with others that it should matter.   I cannot imagine how sad and lonely one's life must be to go out and chastise people on the internet for cheating in a non-competitive environment where it affects literally nobody else. 

Because this account has over $15,000 invested into it - your suggestion is dumb.  I have games on here I've invested literal $1000s into like Warframe, I'm not going to leave that behind to start a new account to use PSN profiles - it's an asinine suggestion.  

I wish a mod would close this already because MMDE already helped me out - evidently there is some wiggle room around here, no matter how insane some of you are.  

You're right..i'm  sad seeing you crying out loud to show what  a proud cheater you are..

Don't worry @Lag_The_Ravager you've found a member who is hated more than you are. Why ? I didn't cheat, not even  once..but i insulted and offended other members..and not just once...

Some here may like to give me a reputation like  i was  the new Hitler. or a female stalker just because i was too generous...It's like some people forget that i bought PM to other members that are MALES... So you see even I have to live with  a reputation...

• You're a cheater
  • i'm a repeated offender

But i've been trying to redeem myself, admitting my mistakes and hoping for forgiveness.... No One here will ever listen to me but my intentions were sincere no matter what you and other may think :(

It just proves one thing : people always remember what you did wrong but never do what you acutally did right..So you're just labeled as a ba***** the rest of your existence..

You ? You're not even trying to make amends of your past mistakes and hope that it'll go away just like that...

God bless you..

Edited by Kale

1 hour ago, Kale said:

You're right..i'm  sad seeing you crying out loud to show what  a proud cheater you are..

It just proves one thing : people always remember what you did wrong but never do what you acutally did right..So you're just labeled as a ba***** the rest of your existence..

You ? You're not even trying to make amends of your past mistakes and hope that it'll go away just like that...

I haven't cried at all - actually I posed a reasonable question, to be able to use the site while unranked.  The answer seems to be no, so I accept that.  Now I can move on.  But for what's its worth, probably nothing, but I don't cheat anymore, something I have given up - have you given up?  No, looks like you're still commited to the behavior that got you a bad rep - that's the difference between you and me, I accepted the consequences, I admit what I did - and I don't do it anymore.  You seem to be trying to justify what a volatile person you are, ranting to me about stuff not even related to me at this point - you think I care if people don't like you?  I don't like you either so you're preaching to the choir.  

I'd also like to know what pride I showed by owning up to my mistake and even saying I've hidden some of my trophies in SHAME-  you understand SHAME right?  It's the exact inverse of pride.  How do you expect me to make amends?  Hmmm, should I just paypal Sly $100 for forgiveness for what I did on MY account?  If I could delete the trophies I would - but I can't.  This isn't a situation where I can make amends - I can only admit wrongdoing and move on.

You - you clearly haven't tried to make amends because you're still a scathing [insert explicit here].  It seems to me your problem is that you don't learn lessons, you're still rude and judgmental which is what you yourself say gained you bad rep to begin with.  You are the one proud of what a bad person you are, I'm not proud of what I did before.

It's no wonder people hate you.  The only person here hating on me, like genuinely hating on me - is YOU.  It's not surprising though, if people hated me as much as they hate you, I'd probably lash out like a wild dog off the leash too.  You can't honestly sit here and say you're trying to do better when YOU'RE STILL DOING IT.

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

@BlindMango, could you close the thread? He has requested it a couple of times, and honestly, I answered the reason why he's off in and what to do about it in PM just some few hours after he posted this thread. Either manual removal by Sly, in which case he might let you back, or auto removal, in which case you're out of luck.

"I can't see you having any reports, so you must have been caught by the automatic system, or Sly just outright removed you."

"You'd have to ask him. If it was auto, you're pretty screwed I'd say. Anyway, just create a new account or something then."

I also told him how to contact Sly.

I did contact him, it seems it won't be fixed and that's FINE.  I only ever wanted to ask but now I'm being lambasted by moral busybodies :|
I did still appreciate your help.  The only reason I'm still here is because a certain user has decided attacking me is the way to go.  Time for me to walk away now.

Cheers PSN profiles, take care, you will be missed by me.  

• Like 3

Having grown up around the time game genie, action replay, game shark, and codebreaker were big, I can totally understand why it can be fun to use cheats. Heck games used to include them for you(paintball, big head mode goldeneye ftw).

I don't see a problem with him using the website since he's permanently off the leaderboards, but if you were auto removed, I don't think there's anything you can do.

Also attacking and insulting him when he has clearly already admitted and is ashamed of cheating is really low, don't be that way

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 3