Is this game actually worth it??

spaceofjade

It's definitely worth postponing playing Kingdom Hearts III until after you played or watched the movie version of all the games. I skipped over 2.8 and I presume that's one of the reasons I was quite lost with the story. Then again, it's the latest Kingdom Hearts game, so the story is obviously going to be the most confusing and convoluted of the bunch. Since it wasn't a day one purchase, probably just worth waiting for a sale. In my opinion the gameplay wasn't as fun or challenging (even on Proud) as either KHI or KHII and the story wasn't handled nearly as well as it should have been.

• Like 1

If i were you i'd wait until it's priced down. The story lacks a lot of content. The hardest difficulty is just too easy. Newcomers will be confused and the Kingdom Hearts part of the story get's rushed near the ending so it's a lot to take in for someone who has never played the other games. 

On 2/5/2019 at 4:11 AM, Belphega2208 said:

I think kh3 is awesome. If you followed the storyline of the past, you'll love the long cutscenes. Kh isnt about the gameplay - really, kh was always easy af - on vet mode too, if you comepare it with other jrpgs.

Try beating the mysterious figure with Terra in bbs and you tell me it's easy af...... this game lacks a challenge. 

Not really. If you played KH1 and KH2 and even keep up with the handheld stories you could predict and be correct on how this story chronicles would end. 

From the gaming standpoint. There is a serious lack of worlds compared to KH1 and KH2. Gameplay is alright but they removed good features that was in KH2. You're now locked into companion partners with which ever character important is relevant in each world at any given time. You can't dual wield anymore, Stories that doesn't revolve around the main story just feel weak compared to KH1&2. 

8 hours ago, ChampionPrince said:

If i were you i'd wait until it's priced down. The story lacks a lot of content. The hardest difficulty is just too easy. Newcomers will be confused and the Kingdom Hearts part of the story get's rushed near the ending so it's a lot to take in for someone who has never played the other games. 

Try beating the mysterious figure with Terra in bbs and you tell me it's easy af...... this game lacks a challenge. 

To true

Game was totally, 100% worth it for this long time fan, it has its issues but so do all the other games and a lot of the criticism I'm seeing is coming from those wearing rose-tinted glasses; I recently marathoned the entire series so I'm not looking at the whole series from the perspective of someone who only played the games years ago and have fond, nostalgic memories of that this game could not possibly live up to. However, if you even have to ask this in the first place then it probably isn't for you. It's shipped millions and millions of copies already- the fastest selling game in the entire series, in fact- and reviews and general consensus are very largely positive so it can be and will be considered a huge success regardless of whether you buy it and/or like it or not. 

Edited by LepreCon91
  • Like 2

On 16/02/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mardia_ said:

If you haven't already purchased the game you're probably not that big of a fan of the franchise and should stay away anyway.

ah yes, i now have the money to drop on everything i’m not sure i want. i don’t even own my own ps4 because i can’t afford it. i bought my first ps3 about 4/5 years ago. the ps4 i use is my flatmates so buying games for it isn’t something i do very often, especially for what i consider to be quite a lot of money

• 2 weeks later...

@jadethealmighty I didn't saw this thread until now, and was to suggest a cheaper place to get the games, but from looking at your profile, it looks like you already got it..

Anyway, if you still have to get KH3 or other games, keep this site in mind:

https://www.base.com/fsearch.htm?search=Kingdom+hearts

I have bought quite a lot from them and usually they deliver quite fast to Portugal (about 2€ for shipping), but since they are based around UK, it may be even cheaper. 

Their selection isn't huge, but the prices are usually quite good. 

• Like 1