trope thoughts (spoiler: it's a nonplat)

8 hours ago, dansomekid said:

Why is everyone so triggered about not having a plat? Do people even game to actually have fun anymore? I think the list looks fine. Still debating if I want to play though.

I agree, Most of the comments I seen on Twitter, the people were bragging how fun it was. Now I get that a lot of them probably are not trophy hunters and could care less about the trophies for the game.

I've not really played a BR game other than a few minutes of H1Z1 before the trophy patch and had no clue what I was doing. I'd like to try one to see if I could get into it. I have this, Realm Royale, and Warface (which has a BR mode) downloaded.

This list looks good to me and seems doable if you dedicate enough time. 

7 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

So how the difficult does the 100% seem? 

actually not that bad. You'll get enough credits to unlock the last 2 characters on your way to 50. The XP they dole out seems really rewarding, mostly based on staying alive. Just pick a character and work for a win... then pick the next character.

11 hours ago, dansomekid said:

Why is everyone so triggered about not having a plat? Do people even game to actually have fun anymore? I think the list looks fine. Still debating if I want to play though.

IDK maybe some people have fun getting platinums.  It is a trophy tracking site is it not?  Who am I to say how someone should get their kicks?  I think it is a topic of conversation when a game doesn't include a platinum because why not include one?  It seems like you would want your game to appeal to everyone even the percentage of people who shoot to obtain that platinum.  I just finished both hitman games without a platinum and over 200 hours combined.  i really like the games and has a lot of fun playing them.  Still I wonder why the hell they couldn't include a platinum.  If they had I would have had a bit more fun even watching that shit pop.  

9 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Boring list, very very boring trophies that are about as generic as they come. No inspiration. 

The game looks nice and they could have made a good list out of this. 

No platinum definitely is a big letdown. Why? Because the publisher is EA who have more than enough money to fund one. Excusable for an indie company but not EA. 

The game is FREE.

How is anyone even able to complain about something that doesn’t cost you a penny to play?

Fortnites Battle Royale mode doesn’t even have trophies and that game is praised like it’s the return of Jesus Christ.

• Like 2

Just now, MiamiNights89 said:

The game is FREE.

How is anyone even able to complain about something that doesn’t cost you a penny to play?

Fortnites Battle Royale mode doesn’t even have trophies and that game is praised like it’s the return of Jesus Christ.

Because I can. 

Let's not make out that this game is a philanthropic gesture, they're aiming to make a shit load of money out of the microtransactions and it's looking like it will. The game is being received very well, all the major BR streamers are playing it and indeed loving it.

"It's free" is a very weak argument for me personally. It is stupid that Sony charges for the addition of a plat trophy, but this game could have afforded it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

There are games you finish in what, 10-15 minutes that have platinum. I think it's the editor's choice.

I think the point is that those devs push to get a platinum. The whole point of My Name Is Mayo was that it had a platinum, that's why people bought it. Other devs just don't understand that trophies can be a selling point, or a point of interest at least.

2 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Because I can. 

Let's not make out that this game is a philanthropic gesture, they're aiming to make a shit load of money out of the microtransactions and it's looking like it will. The game is being received very well, all the major BR streamers are playing it and indeed loving it.

"It's free" is a very weak argument for me personally. It is stupid that Sony charges for the addition of a plat trophy, but this game could have afforded it. 

Im just saying that people need to stop crying over things not being in a game that costs nothing to play. Even if this game had a platinum there would be another thread in the place of this complaining about micros or even one about “another generic easy platinum” or something similar. People just like to complain. So I’ll just slip on my thriller outfit and eat some popcorn and watch the show.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MiamiNights89 said:

Im just saying that people need to stop crying over things not being in a game that costs nothing to play. Even if this game had a platinum there would be another thread in the place of this complaining about micros or even one about “another generic easy platinum” or something similar. People just like to complain. So I’ll just slip on my thriller outfit and eat some popcorn and watch the show.

I wouldn't be. It'd be very rich coming from me to complain about micros since i've bought COD points in the past for cosmetics. I have no problem with cosmetics whatsoever, only pay to win stuff. This game's micros is cosmetics right now. 

On 2/5/2019 at 7:53 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

Looks like a fun game. Might try it out. Trophies look really straight forward. Just curious in the 3v3 mode if you are dead and win does that count? I'm assuming it does like other BR games.

When you are dead, apparently your surviving squadmates can still revive you at beacons scattered around the map. So to me that definitely makes it sound like you are still "in" and will get the trophy if your team pulls it out without you.

Edited by rdhight
Can confirm; if you are dead but still connected to the match, you still get the trophy for winning with that class.

I’m loving the game and pretty much all the trophies come naturally through playing. I’m never one to care about a plat vs a simple 100%.

But I’m just gonna say I hate the person who decided on the “Decked out” trophy. Legendary armor and helmets are unreal rare. It feels like only 1 or 2 of each spawn on the map. Then you have 2 teammates to beat to the punch to pick them up or loot them. Hopefully they increase the spawn rate... out of armor 50 games or so I’ve personally only had a legendary armor/helm twice.

I compared that to something like PuBG which I sunk a lot of hours into on PC... Tier 3 helmets and armor were rare, but not so rare that you felt they didn’t exist.

I see myself getting every other trophy way long before I get Decked Out. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 6:28 AM, Skurkitty said:

But I’m just gonna say I hate the person who decided on the “Decked out” trophy. Legendary armor and helmets are unreal rare. It feels like only 1 or 2 of each spawn on the map. Then you have 2 teammates to beat to the punch to pick them up or loot them. Hopefully they increase the spawn rate... out of armor 50 games or so I’ve personally only had a legendary armor/helm twice.

Yeah. I've found exactly one golden gun, one golden helmet, and one golden backpack. Never even seen the armor. It legit feels like there is only one per match.

EDIT: There are at least two golden armors per match. Still super rare though.

Edited by rdhight

2 hours ago, rdhight said:

Yeah. I've found exactly one golden gun, one golden helmet, and one golden backpack. Never even seen the armor. It legit feels like there is only one per match.

No, I had one many times and there are multiple for sure. Both at the same time is relatively rare but I got it 3 times within 20h of playing. 

8 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

No, I had one many times and there are multiple for sure. Both at the same time is relatively rare but I got it 3 times within 20h of playing. 

Right and that’s the level of rarity that makes it feel like there’s only 1 or 2 of each a match. Feels like getting the trophy comes down to dropping in the hot zone, making it out alive while finding one piece and killing someone else for the other (and or getting lucky in a care package).

Its a 100% luck based trophy no question but the rarity of the legendaries makes it border line dumb. If you don’t get it early in a match odds are you won’t get it late. When it comes down to the final couple circles you don’t really have time to rush and loot a body and hope to find what you need while your teammates do the same AND you’re still basically in a firefight with the final squads.

Just feels far more rare then it should be.

Percentage wise it feels like:

Common 50%

Rare 30%

Epic 15%

Legendary 5% (or less)

Just my opinion from my experience, I know everyone is different.

Edited by Skurkitty

On 2/4/2019 at 4:12 PM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Free game on both major consoles, no plat here, but 1000 GS on Xbox, well, shit, guess I'll play there then.

I mean, I was going to anyway, but with regards to trophy thoughts, I think it's bullshit that, as it often is, Xbox gets a full 1000 GS and you guys get 12 lil trophies and nothing else. Enjoy.

I mean, the game is free though, so you don't really have much to complain about though, at least with trophies. They could just have none, like Fortnite doesn't, like Blacklight Retirbution didn't (at first), like Free Realms, Buzz Quiz Player, and many other F2P games didn't.

Free Realms had trophies. I have some of them. Fortnite does too, but for the actual game. Not the BR mode which came after and they pretend was the main game.Have some of those too. edit; unless the (at first) is meant to apply to all the previous things you listed. In which case, ok. But that doesn't sound like it give Fortnite.

@ topic: I'm just happy there's no trophy that pops quickly so I could try it, realize it's not for me, and delete the list.

Edited by Elvick_

I currently have 8 trophies of 12 total, which is round 66% percent, but both psn and psnprofiles says it 42%, which means the total achievement count is around 19 (im bad at maths). Is that some kind of a bug, or some trophies are hidden yet and may appear later with some content update?

On 2/5/2019 at 0:54 PM, MiamiNights89 said:

Im just saying that people need to stop crying over things not being in a game that costs nothing to play. 

Does this argument scale? If, e.g., I buy a game for $4.99, do I get less to complain about than if I buy a game that costs $49.99? Also, what if I get the game on sale? Do I get to complain less than someone who paid full price? :D

• Like 1