VERY HELPFUL tip for XP GRINDING

CosmoWolf_

2 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

How about just playing the game, without the grinding?
You will level up by just playing, and if you 'grind xp' you don't have money to upgrade your weapons and stuff.

I'd agree if there was actual content, which is what I'm waiting for. Seriously tho, this multiplayer has nothing to do other than crappy racing or deathmatch.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Not everyone is having fun playing Online in RDR 2 or even GTA V. For me it was a chore and I just wanted to grind it out ASAP. 

I agree, I didn't have much fun with the online. Still gotta get to level 50 then I'm never gonna touch the MP again. Unless they add more online trophies later.

20 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

How about just playing the game, without the grinding?
You will level up by just playing, and if you 'grind xp' you don't have money to upgrade your weapons and stuff.

I would be happy to do this, but the online portion is boring (Of course it will get better in the future). I would rather not wait for that though and just reach the level required for the platinum, then return when the game is in better shape.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cosmo_Plays_MC said:

I would be happy to do this, but the online portion is boring (Of course it will get better in the future). I would rather not wait for that though and just reach the level required for the platinum, then return when the game is in better shape.

@NL_Sion

This is where I'm sure a majority of people are at right now.  I wanted the online out of the way so I could go back and concentrate on the story.  Since it is still in beta state there isn't a whole lot to do to level up.  If there had been more online story mission available you bet I would have just played the game in order to level up.  I will definitely be coming back to the online when they add more content, very curious on how they continue the online campaign but as of right now there isn't much that I enjoy doing on there.

• Like 1

Well I can understand that the Online part is not for everyone right now.
I personally love to just fish, hunt and explore the map. Just messing around a bit. But it would be nice if they add more content, I agree with that for sure. :-)

But if you realy only play Online to get to lvl 50 and go for the Trophies you might also wanna try the PvP shootouts.
You can get a lot of xp there and it also gives you a little bit of money at the same time.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, NL_Sion said:

But if you realy only play Online to get to lvl 50 and go for the Trophies you might also wanna try the PvP shootouts.
You can get a lot of xp there and it also gives you a little bit of money at the same time.

Yeah the showdown series large was how I did most of my leveling up. I wish you could just pick the event you wanted to do instead of them just cycling randomly since I would just do Most Wanted every time but it's pretty easy to gain XP and money and it's a lot more fun than doing the same missions over again or just shooting hundreds of cops. Just by coming in the top 5 or 10 you can get around 200 XP and $10-15 for around 7 minutes work in addition to all the XP you get from killing people.

Varmint rifle is the way to go because it has good range, can headshot kill, and fires/reloads quickly.  It's pretty hard to win (except for some of the team events where you'll inevitably win but won't get paid as much) but when you do you can earn as much as $40 and 500 XP. It can be frustrating because there are some people with no lives who are level 150+ and have ability cards where you seemingly have to shoot them 5 times in the head to kill them while they can one shot you but it's still fun. Free roam events are also a good way to earn XP since you won't always go up against ridiculous PvP players and if you accept the invite immediately you'll get 90 seconds before the game starts to just go around killing people and earning experience. Good luck.

Last mission, 2 people, kill few enemies on distance (including gatling gun guys) and then just run up to them and execute R2 (make sure to equip split ammo) after each kill you get 30xp. The rough estimate is that one run takes about 4-5 minutes and you get about 700xp. So far the fastest way to level up.