Why Respawn?

Sinthoras_96

13 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

I too am disappointed with the lack of pretty much everything that makes Titanfall great. I'd imagine that most of the Repawn team is working on their Star Wars game. I'd also imagine that EA wants to get their $175 million back as fast as they can.

Glad to hear that Im not the only one who feels like this. I actually highly doubt, that any true Titanfall fan will enjoy this game. It clearly aims at the Battle Royal fans in general. What a shame

11 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

Respawn is no longer an independent company, they follow orders and this is what they have been told to do. Blame EA for this, not Respawn.

Im pretty sure that the Respawn guys were highly involved in the decision to create this game. Aquirement by EA doesnt mean you become their slaves. 

Also: Even IF they were forced to develop a BR Titanfall game instead of a proper sequel, I highly doubt that EA told them HOW to develop it. The creative decision to NOT include the unique Titanfall movement is 100% in Respawns responsibility.

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 3

When you're owned by EA, and EA tells you it's your job to make a competitor to a hyper-successful billion-dollar game, you say, "Yes sir! Thank you sir!"

This is not somehow Respawn's "fault." The people who literally own them gave them a high-stakes assignment that places them in a position of trust and responsibility, an assignment that would be career-making if it succeeds. It's also an offer they can't refuse.

Just be glad they're not being forced to make some kind of stupid mobile-phone spinoff for China!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Galactic Hyper Balls said:

Just saw the vid and it's going to be another battle royale game.

lets see we have cod royale, fortnite, pubg, warface, and now apex. oh wait csgo made one too. who will be king of this mode

the abilities seem pretty cool, is it only Bat Roy.

Still waiting for a Uncharted or God Of War Battle royale game.

• Like 4

I am very disappointed with Respawn but this is what happen when you sold your soul to EA eventually. Such a waste of potential.

Is this maybe a part of why some Respawn member rejoin IW to maybe work on MW4 ?

Titanfall 2 is one of the greatest fps single player campaign.  so they decide to scrap 3 and make this shit just to lazy to produce another campaign is one of my speculation.

It looks like free to play overwatch ripoff with battle royale skin. and nothing Titanfall in this game that make Titanfall unique and special.

The more i think Titanfall 3 died for this, the more disappointed i am.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Im pretty sure that the Respawn guys were highly involved in the decision to create this game. Aquirement by EA doesnt mean you become their slaves. 

Also: Even IF they were forced to develop a BR Titanfall game instead of a proper sequel, I highly doubt that EA told them HOW to develop it. The creative decision to NOT include the unique Titanfall movement is 100% in Respawns responsibility.

What are your sources? Why do you assume they still have creativity freedom over whatever they have to produce? This is EA we are talking about lol

Someone linked a tweet of them earlier mentioning how their stance was basically "this is what makes money therefore this is what we have been told to do, so we did". I can't see Titanfalls being added to a Battle Royale game, since it would be a free win button. It's basically like when Thanos was a part of Fortnite, but if it wasn't a separate mode.

I think this game would have been much better with the inclusion of Titanfall's movement mechanics and the Titans. Right now it feels like matches drag on with a lot of moments of simply wandering around and looting things. I think this game could take players away from the Blackout playerbase since a lot of players seem to be displeased with Black Ops 4 in general at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I think this game would have been much better with the inclusion of Titanfall's movement mechanics and the Titans. Right now it feels like matches drag on with a lot of moments of simply wandering around and looting things. I think this game could take players away from the Blackout playerbase since a lot of players seem to be displeased with Black Ops 4 in general at this point.

Having depowered titans around the map and batteries around as well would’ve been really interesting way to integrate them into this. And having similar skills like invisibility, the hook, etc helps balance them out. 

• Like 1

“The world thinks we’re making Titanfall 3 and we’re not - this is what we’re making,” he said. “To try and convince a skeptical audience for months with trailers and hands-on articles, we’re just like, ‘Let the game speak for itself’ - it’s the most powerful antidote to potential problems. We’re doing a free to play game, with essentially loot boxes, after we were bought by EA, and it’s not Titanfall 3. It’s the perfect recipe for a marketing plan to go awry, so why have that - let’s just ship the game and let players play.”

https://kotaku.com/titanfall-3-is-not-in-the-works-respawn-says-1832336218

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Having depowered titans around the map and batteries around as well would’ve been really interesting way to integrate them into this. And having similar skills like invisibility, the hook, etc helps balance them out. 

I was thinking that titans could be reserved for the last 2 or 3 teams, but there would be a charge time like in Titanfall. The timer could also be sped up depending on how many kills/assists a player has, which would incentivize players to actually engage in combat. Aside from batteries and abilities to deal with the titans, they'd also need to add titan-killing weapons to the map. Hopefully we get to see the implementation of titans one day, but I doubt it.

11 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

No Titans and most important no Movement (Wallruns, Doublejump, Bunnyhopping, Momentum). My heart bleeds, when I think about that Respawn developed THIS instead of a proper Titanfall 3. If this is Respawns vision for the future of Titanfall, Im out. RIP Titanfall

Reports stated TF3 was slated for end of 2018. They were unhappy with the aging graphics, it’s temporarily scrapped until ps5 probably. Probably they turned it into this while they work on Jedi Fallen order and prepare work on TF3

9 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

I am very disappointed with Respawn but this is what happen when you sold your soul to EA eventually. Such a waste of potential.

Is this maybe a part of why some Respawn member rejoin IW to maybe work on MW4 ?

Titanfall 2 is one of the greatest fps single player campaign.  so they decide to scrap 3 and make this shit just to lazy to produce another campaign is one of my speculation.

It looks like free to play overwatch ripoff with battle royale skin. and nothing Titanfall in this game that make Titanfall unique and special.

The more i think Titanfall 3 died for this, the more disappointed i am.

Well the other option would be for the fate of Respawn to be on Jedi Fallen order. Apparently TF3 was on track for end of 2018, they were unhappy with the dated graphics. Most likely they turned work in that into this while they finish their Star Wars game and begin work on TF3. 

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/04/respawn-says-ea-had-no-hand-in-the-development-of-apex-legends

This should clarify things for people who think this is an EA decision. 

Respawn chose to make Apex Legends. It's the game they wanted to make. Not the game EA wanted or pressured them to make. I'm actually really enjoying the game so far. It's the first battle royale that clicks with me. Regardless of your opinion on the game, It's important to understand the context of it's release. Respawn made the game they wanted to make and that's really respectable.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DoucetDudes said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02/04/respawn-says-ea-had-no-hand-in-the-development-of-apex-legends

This should clarify things for people who think this is an EA decision. 

Respawn chose to make Apex Legends. It's the game they wanted to make. Not the game EA wanted or pressured them to make. I'm actually really enjoying the game so far. It's the first battle royale that clicks with me. Regardless of your opinion on the game, It's important to understand the context of it's release. Respawn made the game they wanted to make and that's really respectable.

I know this is the official statement  but just come to think of it. 

Of course, regardless of what happened internally they have to say something like this and not gonna ruin good wave of feedback for no reason to do so. I would say this is cool if it is true. but they know whether this is the case or not because they can't lie to themselves. I also read it and see they seems to be very carefully choosing the word to put out here.

They said they never projected something like this, well actually it is a lied. There are FIFA ONLINE 3-4 that developed by EA and release as free to play in Asian market which is much harder to penetrate via upfront $60 payment this is their solution for that region.

EA is somewhat happy is not so surprise because at least the game align with their business vision which is Live Service. If they pitch Single Player Open World game that will be another story to be surprise IMO.

My last hope would be this game is doing well enough and help fund proper sequel or new IP and not ride with this success and no more new game from Respawn. and I hope Jedi Fallen Order is great which i guess it will be.

Edited by FielVeredus

2 hours ago, FielVeredus said:

I know this is the official statement  but just come to think of it. 

Of course, regardless of what happened internally they have to say something like this and not gonna ruin good wave of feedback for no reason to do so. I would say this is cool if it is true. but they know whether this is the case or not because they can't lie to themselves. I also read it and see they seems to be very carefully choosing the word to put out here.

They said they never projected something like this, well actually it is a lied. There are FIFA ONLINE 3-4 that developed by EA and release as free to play in Asian market which is much harder to penetrate via upfront $60 payment this is their solution for that region.

EA is somewhat happy is not so surprise because at least the game align with their business vision which is Live Service. If they pitch Single Player Open World game that will be another story to be surprise IMO.

My last hope would be this game is doing well enough and help fund proper sequel or new IP and not ride with this success and no more new game from Respawn. and I hope Jedi Fallen Order is great which i guess it will be.

In another unexpected plot development, Vince Zampella said on Twitter today that "more Titanfall is coming this year". Interesting choice of words. My guess is that it won't be Titanfall 3 but will be another smaller scope game that includes Titans.

three gaming trend I wish to die soon or at least developers need to take it easy on abusing too much on every new game they're working on.

1- it's The Dark Souls of. I really starting to hate this idea of no mater how OP your character is a low leveled enemy can still kills you in one hit then you have to start from far back. this is just an excuse so devs not to waste their times on developing and teaching the A.I how to think and react depending on the player skills.

2- pointless open worlds. while I do enjoy open world games too much latest one I loved so much is Horizon  ( haven't played RDR2 nor Marvel Spider-Man during posting this ) but some devs start making their games an open world just to cash-in on the trend... resulting on an open world so lifeless and so empty and there's no need to explore them.

3- the Battle Royale. Arma start it, World War Z stole it, PUBG populate it, Fortnite Battle Royale made money of it... and now everyone and their mother want a piece of it.. Realm Royale, COD BO 4, freaking Battlefield V will have it too, the Calling 2, shitty ass Radical Hights, and one this and more to comes soon, it's a matter of time that Sony and Nintendo to release a first party exclusive Battle Royale games as well.