Granblue Fantasy: Relink development moved to Cygames entirely, Platinum Games no longer involved

Changes regarding the development of Granblue Fantasy: Relink

Tokyo-based video game publisher and developer Cygames, Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President: Koichi Watanabe, hereinafter referred as “Cygames”) has recently been engaged in the co-development of the upcoming console game Granblue Fantasy: Relink together with esteemed developer PlatinumGames Inc.

Going forward, Cygames will handle 100 percent of development internally.

Cygames would like to assure everyone looking forward to the title that we remain committed to delivering a game that meets the expectation of our fan-base and gamers everywhere.

Platinum Games published a similar announcement, in which it specifies that its development contract with Cygames ended and that Cygames will handle development internally going forward. Platinum Games also asked that fans please continue to support the title.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/granblue-fantasy-relink-development-moved-to-cygames-entirely-platinum-games-no-longer-involved

12 hours ago, chellesan said:

I think that is bad, I never heard of that company and now we never see a western release 

Cygames, I believe is is owner of the I.P and Mobage tras...game Granblue. It'll still receive a western release, just the game will no longer represent anything seen in the first trailer and any work done by platinum scrapped. They commissioned 2 games this one and the one done by arc. 

I have my own doubts about any game funded though the power of whales, after all the end goal may be to create more whales, but thats speculation on my part. Whatever the case its best to wait and see what gameplay and trailers cygames themselves come up with.

From the way Platinum Games described it, this was the plan all along.
I bet it was a case where Platinum Games made all the Core Concepts and building blocks so Cygames could then make the story, quests, and such however they wanted.

I doubt they would just throw away everything they have so far. 

In fact people saying things like that remind me of how people acted when Monster Hunter world with announced. People started saying stuff like it was going to be a game meant for "casuals" that ignored all the "hardcore" stuff from the old game, While having no evidence to back up such a thing. 

Edited by soultaker655

10 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

In fact people saying things like that remind me of how people acted when Monster Hunter world with announced. People started saying stuff like it was going to be a game meant for "casuals" that ignored all the "hardcore" stuff from the old game, While having no evidence to back up such a thing. 

and they where right, world is much easier then the previous games

3 hours ago, chellesan said:

and they where right, world is much easier then the previous games

World could be perceived as easier because of the quality of life changes and some slight changes to solo scaling. In other words the game got easier in the same way any monster hunter game released after monster Hunter 1 did. 

The people I'm referring to were making comments such as World would be an action game like God of War instead of a monster hunting game.