Shooting star and Hunny spout each have 3 shotlocks how do I do the third?

iGGTheEnd

6 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Transform the keyblade first. The first 2 shotlocks are for the first two forms, and the third is for the launcher form.

this is true to an extent, for some keyblade transformations they'll only change shotlock type if you use the shotlock TO THE MAX. I remember just locking on 2 enemies with the shotlock and failing to get the final shotlock command until i did it to the max.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, linkdevivo said:

this is true to an extent, for some keyblade transformations they'll only change shotlock type if you use the shotlock TO THE MAX. I remember just locking on 2 enemies with the shotlock and failing to get the final shotlock command until i did it to the max.

That's what I meant. You get the first two shotlocks with the first two forms. One without max locks, one with. And then the third form gives you the third shotlock if you max it.

• Like 1

For Shooting Star, I found I didn't have to form change to get the three shotlocks

One is done by maxing out your shotlock on one enemy (needs a full focus gauge)

One is done by maxing out your shotlock on 3 or more enemies (needs a full focus gauge)

One is done by using a shotlock that is not maxed

For Hunny Spout, it works in a similar way - one maxed out shotlock, one non-maxed shotlock - the third one is a maxed out shotlock when Sora is on the second formchange.

56 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

For Shooting Star, I found I didn't have to form change to get the three shotlocks

One is done by maxing out your shotlock on 3 or more enemies (needs a full focus gauge)

For Hunny Spout, it works in a similar way - one maxed out shotlock, one non-maxed shotlock - the third one is a maxed out shotlock when Sora is on the second formchange.

This is correct, the one I was missing on both was for hitting a solo enemy rather than multiple neither had to be transformed.  Finally got my plat after grinding out materials all day I think after this game I need to buy an SSD so my loading times aren't so shit.

Just to report back on this, as I'm doing some experimenting to provide information for the guide - you don't need a form change for either Hunny Spout or Shooting Star.  Both keyblades have the same requirements for their three shotlock commands