Spectre-DDX

Resident Evil 2 Remake: S+ Conditions

21 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

just to be 100% sure, as I'm going to start practising my HC S Plus runs - the only conditions are time, number of saves (3 max. I think?) and not using a infinite weapons? First aid sprays and Deluxe (DLC) weapons are allowed? 

Thx for info. 

Trophy description says that you only need S ranks on Normal.

Do you actually need S+ on HC?

35 minutes ago, Spectre-DDX said:

Hey guys, 

just to be 100% sure, as I'm going to start practising my HC S Plus runs - the only conditions are time, number of saves (3 max. I think?) and not using a infinite weapons? First aid sprays and Deluxe (DLC) weapons are allowed? 

Thx for info. 

S+ times on A scenario's are 2:30 or less and 2 hours or less on B scenario's. Max three saves. I think the infinite knife is okay to use, as are the DLC weapons.

32 minutes ago, soniq said:

Trophy description says that you only need S ranks on Normal.

Do you actually need S+ on HC?

You don't need to but it's the only way to unlock the Infinite Gatling Gun and Rocket Launcher.

Same time requirements as S rank, plus only 3 saves max and no infinite guns.

Great, thx guys. Gonna start today after work. I really want that infinite minigun. :D 

What Oddking said, can confirm Infinite knife is fine, I used it for my first hardcore S+ just a few hours ago.

16 minutes ago, Cobby said:

What Oddking said, can confirm Infinite knife is fine, I used it for my first hardcore S+ just a few hours ago.

What about dlc weapons and samurai edge?

Just now, Ptirle said:

Didn't use 'em tbh, Leon's starter pistol is better than them to begin with and can be upgraded.

2 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

Infinite ammo weapons (except the knife) are not allowed. I've been using the Albert on my Claire A run and it pops heads better than her SLS 60.

3 hours ago, Cobby said:

Didn't use 'em tbh, Leon's starter pistol is better than them to begin with and can be upgraded.

I tried all three dlc weapons and they seem to one shoot kill (with headshot ofc) first 3 or 4 zombies but after that they were like normal guns... was I that lucky or something dunno, but I think Matilda is way better also. 

Edited by Ptirle

22 hours ago, Oddking said:

Infinite ammo weapons (except the knife) are not allowed. I've been using the Albert on my Claire A run and it pops heads better than her SLS 60.

DLC weapons are fine as they don't count as bonus weapons. Your rank won't be affected.

Infinite rocket launcher finally xD

RESIDENT-EVIL-2-20190206012712.jpg

Edited by Neme-ita

I'm finding the Leon B run to be way way harder in terms of route planning than any of the others. And you can't really use Mathilda or the non-infinite DLC weapons as they use 9mm rounds, which don't seem to be available unless you combine gunpowder. The M19 you get which uses .45's is far more useable, but it's accuracy is absolute shit. I'm wondering if the intention for Leon's B-side is to actively push you away from using 9mm weapons.

Has anyone tested the power of the M19 pistol with .45's vs. Mathilda with 9mm's? 

6 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I'm finding the Leon B run to be way way harder in terms of route planning than any of the others. And you can't really use Mathilda or the non-infinite DLC weapons as they use 9mm rounds, which don't seem to be available unless you combine gunpowder. The M19 you get which uses .45's is far more useable, but it's accuracy is absolute shit. I'm wondering if the intention for Leon's B-side is to actively push you away from using 9mm weapons.

Has anyone tested the power of the M19 pistol with .45's vs. Mathilda with 9mm's? 

I prefer LEON A for my S+ 

Claire's starting gun is rubbish until you convert it into a mini magnum which is useful against G4 Birkin Boss fight, when he opens his chest to reveal eyes after you pop the other three eyes.

The problem for me, is that I'm struggling to beat it on Hardcore S+/S run. I can't let go of the magnum for Leon or the machine gun for Claire as that's much useful against G4.

Saves: Before G2 Birkin, Before G3 Birkin, Before G4 Birkin is the saves I've been told to save? Is there a better save plan?

I got a S+ rank with Leon A and Claire A and for me Claires route is quite a bit easier, especially because the heart key door where you get the tool for the library is in a much safer spot than Leons club key door, as Leon you have a long hallway with a licker, zombies and Mr X to deal with. His route back to the basement is worse too with more zombies and dogs to deal with. Not to mention that her grenade launcher stuns the bosses very easily. Also IMO the G4 boss is easier than the final Mr X encounter. Skipping the SMG/Magnum is recommended too to save time and to avoid Mr X.

Some tips: whenever a boss is down stunned, use a knife. Save as many hand grenades as possible for the latter boss fights.

I wouldnt recommend trying to get S+ first time on the 2nd runs, the time is much more strict and no item box in the main hall is also a problem.

Also my saves were either just before or after G1 depending on how well the first RPD section went. When first reaching the room where you put the plugs in the sewers (I saved here instead of just before G2 because the G monsters can really screw you up but it is still a pretty quick section to get past. Then before G3.

I really wish there was a trophy for getting an S+ rank - would have made the platinum a bit rarer.

My save are before getting chess pieces, before G3 and before G4

Does the S+ rank have to be completed on hardcore mode in order to attain the infinite rocket launcher and minigun?

8 minutes ago, XLordXNightmareX said:

Does the S+ rank have to be completed on hardcore mode in order to attain the infinite rocket launcher and minigun?

Yes it does. RL with S+ Leon Hardcore. Minigun with S+Claire Hardcore.

Yeah, S+ on standard doesn't give you anything as it's pretty pointless with the dozens of autosaves you get. Hardcore S+ is difficult as you only get a three save limit.

4 hours ago, IDiivil said:

Yeah, S+ on standard doesn't give you anything as it's pretty pointless with the dozens of autosaves you get. Hardcore S+ is difficult as you only get a three save limit.

Yeah that but you get an infinite handgun if you manage to just S rank Standard.

That alone will help you a lot with Hardcore trophies but using them voids you from S+ it.