Fastest way to complete Encyclopedia of the Common Man?

Varhur

I'm currently after sequence 8 and getting all homesteaders. On the other account i had a lot of problems with it, most noticeably lumberers fishing and smoking all the time, so i don't want this to happen. So, what is the best way to be done with this as fast as possible? Are there more techniques not listed in the guide?

To my knowledge, there is not a strategy to efficiently complete it quickly. However knowing what tasks you need/scanned is immensely helpful. Also knowing that the npcs are more prone to perform certain tasks at certain times, at night for instance or after performing another task. Will help you to scan that last one you may be missing. Thats all i can give you im sorry i cant be more helpful. 

51 minutes ago, Maj_Dixon said:

To my knowledge, there is not a strategy to efficiently complete it quickly. However knowing what tasks you need/scanned is immensely helpful. Also knowing that the npcs are more prone to perform certain tasks at certain times, at night for instance or after performing another task. Will help you to scan that last one you may be missing. Thats all i can give you im sorry i cant be more helpful. 

Well, i have problems with the lumberers, since they either do what i've already scanned or have a break and i don't know how to make them work. I've heard about one of the wives churning butter, but idk which one was that.

15 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Well, i have problems with the lumberers, since they either do what i've already scanned or have a break and i don't know how to make them work. I've heard about one of the wives churning butter, but idk which one was that.

Have to wait for the seasons too. The Tailor wouldn't do anything when she first joined. It wasn't until after the Winter (I think) that she actually did anything I could record.

13 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Have to wait for the seasons too. The Tailor wouldn't do anything when she first joined. It wasn't until after the Winter (I think) that she actually did anything I could record.

I'm not sure if that's the problem, but i could try that, if i knew what's the best way of changing seasons. All i know is that naval missions will change time to day.

Perhaps you can use the pivot cheat that changes weather, to influence the seasons somehow. Or at least use it on the homestead to see if it has an effect on the craftsman. Also the stockpile for the lumberers might be full, if it is you should sell some of the stock or craft something with it and they should in theory return to work. 

Edited by Maj_Dixon

45 minutes ago, Maj_Dixon said:

Perhaps you can use the pivot cheat that changes weather, to influence the seasons somehow. Or at least use it on the homestead to see if it has an effect on the craftsman. Also the stockpile for the lumberers might be full, if it is you should sell some of the stock or craft something with it and they should in theory return to work. 

By "full stockpile" you mean that i can't buy anything lumber-related, because of not enough storage space? Or just having anything, like simple oak lumber?

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

By "full stockpile" you mean that i can't buy anything lumber-related, because of not enough storage space? Or just having anything, like simple oak lumber?

I mean that any item the lumberers harvest into your crafting inventory, is currently at maximum stock. So they won't work because you're crafting inventory is full of everything they can produce. Im refering to the slots that pertain to lumber however, obviously lumber inventory cant fill the entire crafting inventory. You can check what you have at the workbench in achille's house. But im not sure of all the items they produce. 

Edited by Maj_Dixon

15 hours ago, Maj_Dixon said:

I mean that any item the lumberers harvest into your crafting inventory, is currently at maximum stock. So they won't work because you're crafting inventory is full of everything they can produce. Im refering to the slots that pertain to lumber however, obviously lumber inventory cant fill the entire crafting inventory. You can check what you have at the workbench in achille's house. But im not sure of all the items they produce. 

Well, i have, like one or two lumberer items bought in stock in total, so obviously not that. But Jesus, i don't want to make a run from quick travel to lumberers over hundred times without positive results.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, juma-alman9oori said:

i got it in 3 hours.. you don't need to do much fast travel, when you wonna chance the what thay doing, just run until the icon not showing from the map completely, then hit back to the icon.

Got that trophy back in February, but if someone struggles with it - this is the way. I used that technique and it worked beautifully.

• 3 years later...
On 2/7/2019 at 8:30 AM, Varhur said:

Well, i have, like one or two lumberer items bought in stock in total, so obviously not that. But Jesus, i don't want to make a run from quick travel to lumberers over hundred times without positive results.

I am having trouble with this one particularly. I need one more lumberer activity and all they do is fish, nap, smoke, and inspect wagons. I've fast travelled to NY and Boston and back, I have sold everything I possibly could to free up whatever and they all still just lazy about not doing any activities needed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, Maj_Dixon said:

I thought using any of the pivot cheats will lock you out of all the trophies.