The Outer Worlds (2019)

ziggypossum

The Outer Worlds is an upcoming action role-playing video game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Private Division. The game is set to be released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2019.

The game is set in a future where megacorporations have begun colonizing and terraforming alien planets. Originally bound for the furthest reaches of the galaxy, a colony ship's faster-than-light travel goes astray, leaving it abandoned at the edge of colony space. The player character awakens on board from cryosleep only to find that most of the passengers are still in hibernation, and begins a journey to a nearby colony to investigate the true nature of the corporations. The game features several factions and a branching story that reacts to the player's choices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outer_Worlds

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
25 minutes ago, Feral said:

I'm keen and getting it on Friday but there's still just something that's making me think it's not going to be that great. 

I find it a little unsettling how much, since they announced it, that they emphasized that it's not going to be a "big" game.  Meaning not as big as a new Fallout game or a similar bigger budget FPS RPG.  I think what's there will probably be pretty good, but will likely feel shorter and a bit more shallow than people are looking for in a game like this.  And probably some technical issues and bugs along the way.

Just my gut on it.

Edited by Dreakon13

16 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I find it a little unsettling how much, since they announced it, that they emphasized that it's not going to be a "big" game. 

I hope it's between 10-15 hours long, but with different factions and choices, that make it fun to play through 2-3 times.

22 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I find it a little unsettling how much, since they announced it, that they emphasized that it's not going to be a "big" game.  Meaning not as big as a new Fallout game or a similar bigger budget FPS RPG.  I think what's there will probably be pretty good, but will likely feel shorter and a bit more shallow than people are looking for in a game like this.  And probably some technical issues and bugs along the way.

Just my gut on it.

They could just be trying to not get everyone's hopes up. Especially with the comparison to New Vegas.

But yeah you could be on the money. It does look cool though.

5 hours ago, Terarded said:

This being free day one with xbox game pass is the first time in the past two generations where I've been jealous of xbox users.

Didn't know that, you just saved me $69 since I've got Xbox Game Pass. So thanks ?

• Like 1

On 21/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, Killbomb said:

So no trophy for Supernova mode? I was concerned when I saw the description of the mode because it will be a right pain in the ass. 

I can talk about the game now, as the embargo has lifted. Yes, you HAVE to complete Supernova mode for the platinum. So, play on the hardest difficulty, monitor and satisfy your food and water requirements, can only save in the ship, auto saves are very few, companions can perm die on you etc...

I think this should have been a free dlc mode with a separate trophy. As such, it’s gonna be very hard to try and beat that mode

also, no NG+ so you can’t carry forward stats from a previous playthrough to help

im happy I’ve completed the game once, I won’t be going for the platinum. 

Supernova you'll want to do stealth/speech spec, because you can talk yourself through majority of the main story situations. A difficulty like this is a pretty common thing in this type of rpg, so it's deserving of having a trophy. Once someone figures out a route for it and a setup to start with a think it will be fine. I finished the story last night at 25 hours doing almost all side quests, I think if you're skipping and go fastest route on main story only you could manage it in like 5 or less. 

There's some missable quest related trophies that you can save scum that are mutually exclusive, but there's one that I think might require doing a certain character setup from the start of the game. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2