Does this game even run on PS4?

ghost_spike

This is the first time I bought a digital game of the PSS which I cannot play at all... I can start the game and reach the menus & initial game settings, but when starting either career or free play, the game freezes on the first loading screen and after about 2-3 minutes of freeze, crashes returning the CE-34878-0 error. This happens every time I attempt to play this game. Does anyone else have this problem?

I've tried installing the game on the console HDD as well as an external HDD, tried starting the game with the console online & offline, tried rebuilding the console database... Nothing works. I have over 30 games installed on both HDDs, every game except Real Farm runs smoothly. 

PS4 Pro, 6.2 firmware, digital game client version 1.2. 

Edited by ghost_spike

7 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

people have gone on to earn the plat so it obviously playable, have u tried re-downloading the game? could be that it didn't download correctly and is causing it to not run properly?

https://www.playstation.com/en-au/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34878-0/

I doubt it, I have now redownloaded the game a total of 3 times, every time it's the same. That's the only digital game I'm having problems with - no other game causes this error. I've also tried running the game after the crash and loading a freshly created save - this also doesn't work... 

I'm in contact with PSS admins, they're evaluating the footage I've sent and hopefully will explain what's happening... 

I'm also trying to contact the devs on Steam, but it seems the game support there has been dead for a few months now... 

Edited by ghost_spike

the last update kind of killed the game - I emailed the publisher and they said they were looking into it but I didn't hear back - I'll email them again to see what's going on

Sent them an email - I think the devs are working on Truck Driver, can't remember if it is them or not. Either way - I've asked for an update as it makes the game impossible to play

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, turniplord said:

the last update kind of killed the game - I emailed the publisher and they said they were looking into it but I didn't hear back - I'll email them again to see what's going on

Sent them an email - I think the devs are working on Truck Driver, can't remember if it is them or not. Either way - I've asked for an update as it makes the game impossible to play

Thanks for confirming it's not just my problem. I'll send them an e-mail. 

14 hours ago, ghost_spike said:

Thanks for confirming it's not just my problem. I'll send them an e-mail. 

I got a reply back from my contact. Supposedly, it's only affecting Ps4 Pro consoles, not the base ones. They are looking into it and they have had a few studios try and resolve the issue (not just the one who developed it). They are still investigating a fix though and will update me once they get any more info about it. It's not the answer I wanted tbh, but there's not much more I can do at this point. 

Just booted up my base PS4 - works fine on there

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2019 at 11:40 PM, trixter123 said:

works for me on ps4 pro fine

Can you check which version of the game you have? 1.2 or higher? And also, is it digital or on disc? After I sent the footage of trying to run the game, Playstation refunded me for the purchase, so something was clearly wrong, but maybe they fixed it...

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2019 at 9:22 PM, ghost_spike said:

Can you check which version of the game you have? 1.2 or higher? And also, is it digital or on disc? After I sent the footage of trying to run the game, Playstation refunded me for the purchase, so something was clearly wrong, but maybe they fixed it...

Version 1.3 came out the other day. It now runs fine on the PS4 Pro again :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sent email to soedesco, no reply.

asked in their fb page, they ignore every single comment i posted, so irresponsible,shame on them.

I asked triangle studio but they said no longer work on the game, hence better contact with soedesco.

Is there any official method to contact sony person in charge to deal this kind of issue, if developer/publisher tends to no fix game/trophy issue, game should not be published in ps store or get free purchase or get dimerit

This job hopper trophy is bugged and demotivate me to achieve other trophies

Edited by zero3extreme