Messy_Unicorn

Actual thoughts about this game?

14 posts in this topic

In a moment I saw this game for 2,99€ and I thought everyone will buy it. Easy plat, easy life. And I love those indie/simple games, so I decided to buy it. 

I remember to play without any guide or else while my boyfriend was on FIFA (of course), put my headset because of his noises and I started to feel so sad. He checked on me and I was in shock.

He killed himself on the end on my first playthrough and I feel so bad. I really don't want it.

They make the game in a way that make you feel everything. Music, art, words, light/dark.

Just perfect.

I hope more people enjoy this game. And you should keep playing. I think there was more 3 ends, check a guide and see everything.

There's no actual game play in this, but it is quite touching and I definitely don't regret buying it.

12 hours ago, Patricia1993 said:

In a moment I saw this game for 2,99€ and I thought everyone will buy it. Easy plat, easy life. And I love those indie/simple games, so I decided to buy it. 

I remember to play without any guide or else while my boyfriend was on FIFA (of course), put my headset because of his noises and I started to feel so sad. He checked on me and I was in shock.

He killed himself on the end on my first playthrough and I feel so bad. I really don't want it.

They make the game in a way that make you feel everything. Music, art, words, light/dark.

Just perfect.

I hope more people enjoy this game. And you should keep playing. I think there was more 3 ends, check a guide and see everything.

Yea, I should finish it and play again since I wanna know what happens in other ending :'3

The story for this will be relatable for a lot of people, I imagine. While playing through this myself, it was year 9 that I understood what was happening with our character; a fight with depression.

For those that haven't experienced this emotion, you are lucky, but those that have will understand this game to its fullest; with all emotions portayed and scenarios as to what depression puts you through. 

In this game depression was treated as a friend, unknowing as to what it truly is, and not knowing how to handle it. So, our protagonist pushes forward, wandering, looking for answers... 

Most come up with the same solution, as our protagonist does, and its then when faced with such decisions the understanding comes in. 

I do feel bad for those that quickly skipped through everything for trophies (even as a trophy hunter myself). At the same time though, they most likely didnt understand the theme of this game, and that's something I do not feel bad for.

So, for a short game and graphics aside, the story was quite compelling, and as I said relatable. For those of us that this does relate to, I salute you for pushing through this game as youve pushed through life. Life is never as easy as playing a game, but can be equally rewarding, if not far more rewarding. 

Always keep moving forward.

On 19/02/2019 at 9:18 PM, OFFICER_OILDAB said:

The story for this will be relatable for a lot of people, I imagine. While playing through this myself, it was year 9 that I understood what was happening with our character; a fight with depression.

For those that haven't experienced this emotion, you are lucky, but those that have will understand this game to its fullest; with all emotions portayed and scenarios as to what depression puts you through. 

In this game depression was treated as a friend, unknowing as to what it truly is, and not knowing how to handle it. So, our protagonist pushes forward, wandering, looking for answers... 

Most come up with the same solution, as our protagonist does, and its then when faced with such decisions the understanding comes in. 

I do feel bad for those that quickly skipped through everything for trophies (even as a trophy hunter myself). At the same time though, they most likely didnt understand the theme of this game, and that's something I do not feel bad for.

So, for a short game and graphics aside, the story was quite compelling, and as I said relatable. For those of us that this does relate to, I salute you for pushing through this game as youve pushed through life. Life is never as easy as playing a game, but can be equally rewarding, if not far more rewarding. 

Always keep moving forward.

When you said, you feel bad about those people who play without read or understand the game, I'm with you. 

Have a friend who said " It's a shitty game and easy plat, so I don't care''.

I really feel this "platinum race" so dumb.

I play a LOT of easy games, indies and games most of people don't care, because I'm always for a game with a good story. 

I'm a trophy hunter too, but if I gave money for a game , at least I have to play with heart.

I have been fighting depression for many years, and this game really echoed with me. I didn't cried (probably because I'm deaf and can't hear any music or background sounds, which I guess plays a huge part of the "game" but I really understand what's going on really.

It was a little touching

the subject matter is something that hits close to home with me as ive dealt with depression my entire life

it reminded me of when i was a teenager and there was a few moments of dialogue that brought a tear or two to my eye

Bit sad about it is that I wouldn't be able to recommend this to my mates as they'll probably look down at it and say it's a rubbish game.

I will always try any walking simulator because I find most of the ones I play enjoyable or at least interesting. This one is very one dimensional though and only involves walking down a linear path and reading lines that are mostly just cringeworthy. This could have been better with better writing because as it stands, it's slow and predictable. And that is coming from someone who has battled with depression for a large portion of his life, so it's not like I can not relate to the subject matter.

I am also having a depression. I bought the game also for the fast platinum, but after a few years i felt more with the persons in the game.
I can relate so much with the story.

One time you can read that they play videogames but it felt like a task and not having fun. I have been trough those area's in my life.

I also thought of suicide. And can so much relate to the story.

I am glad to played this game and also glad to get the platinum.