Ranked Matches

milanbarca82

On 2/6/2019 at 4:49 AM, milanbarca82 said:

Is there a way to boost ranked matches?  The netcode is terrible, I barely get someone to play against and when it happens it lags terribly.

Maybe get a partner and try searching at the same time?  Don't know how well it'll work, but it worked for me in MKX for one of the dlc trophies.  

I had all kinds of problems with the ranked trophy in this because my net is horrible to begin with, then add on the netcode being bad it made for a lot longer time trying.  I did manage some free wins in ranked though, several players characters would end up laying on the ground and I was able to pound them into defeat.  Only happened twice though.  The other 3 wins were a nightmare.  This is why I hate ranked trophies in games.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Boosting... ranked... matches?

What kind of self entitlement is that?!

Learn the game, win some matches. It's not even asking for many, you can probably even just get lucky by button mashing.

It doesn't matter HOW good you are if you get kicked out all the time either by bad net code or having unreliable internet.  In those situations it's better to try and boost.  

And before you go saying to get better internet, take into account some people don't even have an option for better internet where they live.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

It doesn't matter HOW good you are if you get kicked out all the time either by bad net code or having unreliable internet.  In those situations it's better to try and boost.  

And before you go saying to get better internet, take into account some people don't even have an option for better internet where they live.

And how does that change anything though? I'm not going to say 'get better Internet' because, if you can manage to play a full match in order to boost you're clearly able to play a real match too right? It's just an excuse to justify not doing it legit when in reality nothings actually stopping you.

The idea of 'not my fault, I'm forced to cheat' is peculiar to me.

To each their own, but, when it comes to a ranked or competitive form of matchmaking I certainly draw the line for boosters and cheats.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2019 at 7:06 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

And how does that change anything though? I'm not going to say 'get better Internet' because, if you can manage to play a full match in order to boost you're clearly able to play a real match too right? It's just an excuse to justify not doing it legit when in reality nothings actually stopping you.

The idea of 'not my fault, I'm forced to cheat' is peculiar to me.

To each their own, but, when it comes to a ranked or competitive form of matchmaking I certainly draw the line for boosters and cheats.

Not necessarily, just  because one can get through a full match with horrible internet does not mean the game won't lag the whole time.  That can easily prevent the player from even having much of a realistic chance at winning, regardless of their overall skill. That's especially relevent in a fighting game where the slightest lag can be the difference between a win or a loss.  And for me nearly every match boiled down to that.  It's happened countless times to me in this while going for the trophy, and I'm sure others.

I did get the trophy legitimately, but it took at least 3 to 4 times as long to do because of bad internet and the poor net code this game had at launch (and may still has, given I haven't touched mp since finishing those trophies).

Boosting a full match, even with bad lag, gets trophies like this out of the way so those that aren't playing to be competitive can get on with the modes and trophies they enjoy.

Given all my experiences with MP trophies, if someone wants to boost I could never look down on them or be against it. In this case it's not like 5 wins in ranked is going to put them on top of the leaderboards or unlocks anything that'llgive them an advantage online.  It's most likely that after those 5 wins they won't even touch the mode if they had so much trouble doing it the legit way.

I personally will only boost if it's the absolute only way I can get a mp trophy over with so I can enjoy the single player or other aspects of a game and trophy list.  Especially with so many tacked on mp modes in games these days (obviously this one wasn't tacked on, it's a fighting game and mp is expected).

All this is why I typically try to avoid any games with a lot of mp related trophies unless there is a way to boost so I have something to fall back on. This game had so few mp trophies, and only one for ranked which wasn't too tough. It just was a frustrating waste of time when having very little to no lag is so important to being sucessful in a fighting game.  

That said, this is the last I'll be contributing to this, because I feel my point has been fairly stated and justified.

If TC has any more questions regarding this trophy or boosting I'll gladly respond to them though.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, milanbarca82 said:

I've already explained why, you dunce i.e. "The netcode is terrible, I barely get someone to play against and when it happens it lags terribly.", not because I don't know how to play!  Do you really enjoy playing a laggy, slideshow-like matches?  If yes, then you're one big liar.

Do you really expect me to believe you that you're able to connect to these matches but magically 100% of those are laggy and 'unplayable'? Sure, I imagine you might get lag issues somewhat regularly, but then you probably carry on using that excuse across any loss you receive fairly. Especially with the attitude you're giving, you're very transparent my dude.

Besides, you don't even own the game to know how truly horrible the netcode is. Talking out of your ass, eh?  What kind of a snobbish attitude is that?!  Oh, nevermind, a brit and also a cena fan!  That explains it all. smh.

Full ignorance on display here, I DO own the game (want a photograph or screenshot or something?). Just because I'm calling out what I perceived to be the truth you instantly jump onto the hate-wagon, which, to me, just showcases I was correct to begin with. This is an alt-account "you dunce" :D

Yes I'm a Brit, not sure what the issue there is? You racist or something? And no I'm not a Cena fan, I haven't watched Wrestling since the 90s and very early 00s when Stone Cold/The Rock were relevant. And if I was a Cena fan though, again, how is that even remotely relevant? Hate wrestling and want to hate on someone else who might? Just seems like you're taking attempts to dig at me because I hit a nerve... further reinforcing my original judgement here.

You're also correct that I don't have a very good internet connection unlike some spoiled little brats here.

Spoiled? I work hard for everything I have, I came from a very poor background actually... Anything I own, I worked damn well hard for, nothing got handed to me on a platter. Though it's funny you should call people spoiled brats when you are the one who wants trophies without the work huh?

The other guy was reasonable, I felt no need to say much else or revisit this thread. But you? My word, I can read between the lines here. Lazy, spoiled child looking for the easy way, everything holding you back is something or someone else's fault.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Yikes is right. I don’t think barely anyone wants to be at the top of the game itself except the most hardcore and practiced fans, they just don’t want to be permanently missing the 6 or so online trophies in the end trying to clean up the platinum. Which only asks for 5 wins in the ranked mode. Much less demanding and time consuming than SCV’s online, which was at least 100 matches and you also had to beat another person’s arcade mode record. It only took me ~4 attempts to get matched with my second console. Of course you’ll get creamed by the veterans if you’re new, but tbh you have to be amazed and admiring at how learned and optimized those players are. Just have to figure out what each button does and go from there. Once you get your boosting partner or other console, just walk to an edge, press R2, you get a Ring Out. Then after 5 ranked wins you can switch to a private lobby and get the remaining for 50 total online matches. Less than 10 seconds each.