Scorpions444

PS4 Remote Play Not Working

12 posts in this topic

Hey, not sure if this is the right place to post it :P but here goes:

So ever since I came to university I was able to connect to my ps4 which was all the way back in home using "ps4 remote play" on my computer... Then until 1 day I was unable to for some reason. I then disconnected the registered ps4 and thought maybe I will be able to use 1 that's present in my apartment to connect to it (we share stuff :D ) however, every time i try i get the error "Unable to connect to PS4" with error code " 0x88010e0f "...

I tried googling, and got answer that says "network error...try again later" but this has been on going for over a month :/ 

NOTE: both of my laptops are connected to same wifi as ps4... ps4 is set as primary console.... if I use mobile data to hotspot both laptop AND ps4 then they find each other, but can't do anything as "connection is too slow" (even then, I'd rather not do anything as it'd use all my data)

Would anyone be able help me out with this or has any experience about it ? 
All help is appreciated :) 

Edited by Scorpions444

What happens if you delete the PS4 Remote Play file from your computer and try to re-register your account with Sony for the remote play?  Try that.  I remote play through my computer that is hard wired to my ethernet connection at the other end of the house.

3 minutes ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

What happens if you delete the PS4 Remote Play file from your computer and try to re-register your account with Sony for the remote play?  Try that.  I remote play through my computer that is hard wired to my ethernet connection at the other end of the house.

yep, tried that, deleted the whole ps4 remote play program > install new 1 = still fail
also tried to "repair" it but result was still the same

since i am able to connect while being connected to mobiles hotstpot, I think its something else then the actual remote play program

Just now, Scorpions444 said:

yep, tried that, deleted the whole ps4 remote play program > install new 1 = still fail
also tried to "repair" it but result was still the same

since i am able to connect while being connected to mobiles hotstpot, I think its something else then the actual remote play program

Agree with you.  Got to be something else interfering with the connect.  Frustrating, isn't it?  I don't know how many accounts you have on the PS4, but did you say that the account you want to remote is the only one that is the active one?

Just now, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Agree with you.  Got to be something else interfering with the connect.  Frustrating, isn't it?  I don't know how many accounts you have on the PS4, but did you say that the account you want to remote is the only one that is the active one?

yeah, definitely frustrating... also am trying to find playstation number that I could call for support or live chat and even that seems non-existent -.-

umm, there are 3 profiles on the ps4 that we use, however, the other 2 aren't really active and when I try to connect, then the other 2 are NOT in use 

I've had pretty good luck with the chat window on the Sony support page with problems. Good luck!

I've had a problem with Remote Play myself for over a month. Whenever I would try to sign in, it'd just give me a blank page with a "connection error".

The only thing that helped me was an OS reset (on Mac)...this is super frustrating but I hope your future will be fixed.

The troubleshoot guide for your error states,

What do I do if I’m getting "Cannot find the PS4" or "Cannot connect to the PS4" error?

PlayStation®4
  • We recommend a wired Internet connection to your PS4™.

• If you are using a Wi-Fi (wireless) connection, move your PS4™ system closer to the access point or router. Make sure there are no obstructions between them.

• Other devices on your network might be using a large amount of bandwidth. Wait until they are idle before using Remote Play.

• Confirm that all of the ports >UDP 9296, UDP 9297, UDP 9303 are open. If that port cannot be used, you should adjust your router's port forwarding setting to allow communication to the PlayStation®4 from the Internet. For details on the port numbers used for Remote Play and how to adjust settings, you should refer to the instructions supplied with your router or contact your ISP.

• If the PS4™ is connected to the Internet via two or more routers, communication may not work correctly.

Computer

The anti-virus software on your computer may be blocking the communication between your PS4™ and your computer. Try disabling the firewall settings on your antivirus software, or adding Remote Play application to the firewall program exceptions. For details, refer to the instructions provided by the antivirus software.

I'd suggest looking into these solutions before you go through the hassle that is sony support :lol:

Edited by xZoneHunter

12 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

The troubleshoot guide for your error states,

I'd suggest looking into these solutions before you go through the hassle that is sony support :lol:

yeah... went for ps support thru live chat and all they basically said "since you connected thru mobile hotspots, then its not our problem" -.- 

as for the other suggestions in your post I tried all of them except i don't have a clue on how to check if a port is open... any ideas how ?  

35 minutes ago, Scorpions444 said:

as for the other suggestions in your post I tried all of them except i don't have a clue on how to check if a port is open... any ideas how ?  

Usually you can edit these settings in your router web interface which is provided by your ISP or where you bought your router. Just look somewhere in the 'advanced settings' section and you should be able to set port forwarding settings.

I hope that fixes your problem.

You can also try finding the IP of your ps4 then entering that in the DMZ section of your router. To access your router's page,  open up command prompt on your PC, type ipconfig then look for Default Gateway. Enter that IP in your Browser's address bar. As for your PS4's ip, check the internet connection settings on it and it should almost match your default gateway's.

It may still be trying to connect to the home one. When you boot up remote play on PC, press settings > change which PS4 to connect to > quickly press set manually

On the PS4, go to settings and remote play setup - type that code into the pc - it will now lock that console as your connection. 

Then try to log in again on your PC