Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge

Mission 100%: Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 @colinmazzini and @ShadowStar83x for their parts in hosting the challenge! Changes to the rules are in bold red.

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 25 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST March 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on May 31. If you complete the maximum of 20 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 5 more games for a total of 25.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 25. If you finish 20 games, you can add up to five more. Otherwise, you're limited to 20. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on February 28. After the event begins, you can make a one-time swap of one game as long as you haven't worked on it during the challenge. I will check if you change it to make sure you follow the rules. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to a maximum of 15. The object is not to just earn the platinum as applicable, but to reach 100% trophy completion for it. DLC is included and you will have to complete any new DLC that's released during the challenge. If you don't like DLC, don't put a game with it on your list.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 30%, but the rest must be 25% or under. Unplayed games and 0% games are fine as long as they're part of your backlog. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating! Also, if you change your PSN ID, please let me know so I can update you on the list.

Participation list

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

Sign me up :) Here's my list so far:

1. Kingdom Hearts --> 1%

2. Spider-Man --> 0%

3. Uncharted The Lost Legacy --> 0%

4. Uncharted 4 --> 0%

5. HITMAN 2 --> 0%

6. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim --> 0%

7. Assassin's Creed Odyssey --> 9%

I'd say that's a good start so far :P Thanks for hosting this @MidnightDragon!

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

Sign me up :) Here's my list so far:

1. Kingdom Hearts --> 1%

2. Spider-Man --> 0%

3. Uncharted The Lost Legacy --> 0%

4. Uncharted 4 --> 0%

5. HITMAN 2 --> 0%

6. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim --> 0%

I'd say that's a good start so far :P Thanks for hosting this @MidnightDragon!

No problem.

Going to wait until the end of the month to add mine. See how much of my winter list I get done.

1. Assassin's Creed 2--0%

2. Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag--5%

3. Assassin's Creed Syndicate--0%

4. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim--0%

5. Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered--0%

Yes I know it is mostly Assassins Creed games. I just need some type of motivation to push myself through all of these.

Edited by Hunter226037

19 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

2. Assassin's Creed 3--68%

Yes I know it is mostly Assassins Creed games. I just need some type of motivation to push myself through all of these.

Whatever floats your boat. However, you'll have to remove AC3. Max any game can have is 30% for one game, 25% for any others. Since that'd only leave you with 4, I'll wait until you add a new title to sign you up.

Edited by MidnightDragon

Well, I can't resist a challenge by a guy with a name made of my two favorite words! ^_^

I know I've dropped out of backlog challenges before but this time I have a game plan - this will be my Kingdom Hearts Springtime Fever! :D

Here are my five games - games I am sure I can complete if I do it right (and uninstall the Nexon Launcher on my computers so I can't get distracted by MapleStory) and put the right times in and get some decent sleep. ;) (NOTE: Unless noted, all games have 0% trophies.)

1Sa7d0c1.png Kingdom Hearts III

Which I actually plan on jumping into on the date this event begins. :)

1S62be61.png Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

I have it at 7% and am halfway through Terra's story on Critical mode.

1Sb4c851.png Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

My favorite game (until I play Kingdom Hearts III) (11%)

1Sbc50c9.png LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

I completed the first movie and have yet to finish story mode (it's at 11%)

1Sf39322.png Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

I don't know why the hell I haven't started this yet. I really enjoyed this game.

Actually, I am going to put down a sixth game but it's optional as I don't know if I will have the time to grind it in the three months of time I have.

1S6151ee.png Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 

I have seen a platinum trophy speed run race of this game and I really wanted to do this game again even if the grinding is so horrible it makes you want to hate life. xD This game is the most beautiful PS3 game I have ever played.

EDIT: I accidentally started Dream Drop Distance and got 15 trophies. Oops. Luckily I am only at 11%.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

32 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Well, I can't resist a challenge by a guy with a name made of my two favorite words! ^_^

I know I've dropped out of backlog challenges before but this time I have a game plan - this will be my Kingdom Hearts Springtime Fever! :D

Here are my five games - games I am sure I can complete if I do it right (and uninstall the Nexon Launcher on my computers so I can't get distracted by MapleStory) and put the right times in and get some decent sleep. ;) (NOTE: Unless noted, all games have 0% trophies.)

1Sa7d0c1.png Kingdom Hearts III

Which I actually plan on jumping into on the date this event begins. :)

1S62be61.png Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep

I have it at 7% and am halfway through Terra's story on Critical mode.

1Sb4c851.png Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

My favorite game (until I play Kingdom Hearts III)

1Sbc50c9.png LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

I completed the first movie and have yet to finish story mode (it's at 11%)

1Sf39322.png Dragon Quest Builders (PS4)

I don't know why the hell I haven't started this yet. I really enjoyed this game.

Actually, I am going to put down a sixth game but it's optional as I don't know if I will have the time to grind it in the three months of time I have.

1S6151ee.png Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 

I have seen a platinum trophy speed run race of this game and I really wanted to do this game again even if the grinding is so horrible it makes you want to hate life. xD This game is the most beautiful PS3 game I have ever played.

Added. Points for creativity.

21 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

2. Fallout 4--2%

Added now.

I am going to have to drop all of the Kingdom Hearts games except 3. I want to have only two big projects since that will be feasible considering how long they take and put in three easy games I could finish in a few days of non-stop gaming like LEGO games. I will platinum Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance but on my own time. I will put an update on the new list later today once I figure out what games I should replace with. Sorry. :(

35 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I am going to have to drop all of the Kingdom Hearts games except 3. I want to have only two big projects since that will be feasible considering how long they take and put in three easy games I could finish in a few days of non-stop gaming like LEGO games. I will platinum Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance but on my own time. I will put an update on the new list later today once I figure out what games I should replace with. Sorry. :(

Well, looks like you'll still have four without those, so shouldn't be too hard to come up with one more, right?

Rebel Galaxy 30%

Rouge Aces 25%

World of Final Fantasy 15%

Blue Reflection 15%

Overcooked 2 6%

Atelier Firis 4%

Resident Evil 0 0%

Jak and Dexter precusor legacy 0%

Stellaris 0%

Trails of Cold Steel (PS4 EU version) 0%

A few of these I might swap out closer to the time as they could count towards a more pressing challenge

11 hours ago, StilRh said:

Rebel Galaxy 30%

Rouge Aces 25%

World of Final Fantasy 15%

Blue Reflection 15%

Overcooked 2 6%

Atelier Firis 4%

Resident Evil 0 0%

Jak and Dexter precusor legacy 0%

Stellaris 0%

Trails of Cold Steel (PS4 EU version) 0%

A few of these I might swap out closer to the time as they could count towards a more pressing challenge

Added. I’ll link your list to the main post later.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LionSharky said:

Going to give it another try, hopefully I can stick to them.

PS4

Astro Bot

OwlBoy 

The Walking Dead Collection

Vita

Furmins - 25%

Hatofull Boyfriend

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

Glad to see you give it a go. Added. @StilRh Added you to the main list.

• Like 1

Alright my last two competitions have fallen by the way side, but I have more time now so this sounds like fun/doable.  Here's my totally over zealous list, which I think is completely manageable, despite the odds being pretty heavily against me.

Spoiler

Fallout New Vegas    1%
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch    2%
Psychonauts    2%
Firewatch    3%
Talos Principle    2%
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion    1%
Red Goddess    15%
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness    1%
The Mark of Kri    4%
A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV    4%
Epic Mickey 2    14%
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD    1%
Dragon Fantasy Book II    4%
Deadly Premonition    21%
Darksiders    7%
Costume Quest 2    4%
Four Sided Fantasy    9%
Quantum Conundrum    12%
Tomb  Raider Underworld    8%
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel    23%

Edited by willythom88

13 hours ago, willythom88 said:

Alright my last two competitions have fallen by the way side, but I have more time now so this sounds like fun/doable.  Here's my totally over zealous list, which I think is completely manageable, despite the odds being pretty heavily against me.

Reveal hidden contents

Fallout New Vegas    1%
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch    2%
Psychonauts    2%
Firewatch    3%
Talos Principle    2%
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion    1%
Red Goddess    15%
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness    1%
The Mark of Kri    4%
A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV    4%
Epic Mickey 2    14%
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD    1%
Dragon Fantasy Book II    4%
Deadly Premonition    21%
Darksiders    7%
Costume Quest 2    4%
Four Sided Fantasy    9%
Quantum Conundrum    12%
Tomb  Raider Underworld    8%
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel    23%

Added

I have definitely stepped back from playing, but I have been trying to clean up my list so I will attempt a list this challenge (after my very short retirement):

1. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) - 28%

2. Cabela's African Adventures (PS4) - 25%

3. Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition (PS4) - 25%

4. I am the Hero (PS4) - 20%

5. Rainbow Moon (PSVITA) - 15%

6. Crystal Rift (PS4) - 13%

7. Apotheon (PS4) - 8%

8. ICO (PS3) - 3%

9. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) - 0%

EDIT: I have to resubmit the list as Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories has been DQ'd. I didn't expect to get to the final floor of the game and open the chest with the LAST REMAINING SLEIGHT so I got Sleight Master Sora and that pushed the trophy completion to 31%. ?

Therefore I am just going to submit the following:

1. Kingdom Hearts III (0%)
  2. Dragon Quest Builders (0%)
  3. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (0%)
  4. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (0%)
  5. Enigmatis 3: The Shadows of Karkhala (0%)

I've platinumed the last four games before on several accounts so I know the ropes and it will allow me to focus on KH3. If I manage to complete this list before Easter, I'll probably throw on a few more short games to get it to 10. :)

Edited by SuperSmash5U

11 hours ago, colinmazzini said:

I have definitely stepped back from playing, but I have been trying to clean up my list so I will attempt a list this challenge (after my very short retirement):

1. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) - 28%

2. Cabela's African Adventures (PS4) - 25%

3. Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition (PS4) - 25%

4. I am the Hero (PS4) - 20%

5. Rainbow Moon (PSVITA) - 15%

6. Crystal Rift (PS4) - 13%

7. Apotheon (PS4) - 8%

8. ICO (PS3) - 3%

9. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) - 0%

Added.

9 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

EDIT: I have to resubmit the list as Kingdom Hearts re:Chain of Memories has been DQ'd. I didn't expect to get to the final floor of the game and open the chest with the LAST REMAINING SLEIGHT so I got Sleight Master Sora and that pushed the trophy completion to 31%. 1f613.png

Therefore I am just going to submit the following:

1. Kingdom Hearts III (0%)
  2. Dragon Quest Builders (0%)
  3. Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (0%)
  4. Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (0%)
  5. Enigmatis 3: The Shadows of Karkhala (0%)

I've platinumed the last four games before on several accounts so I know the ropes and it will allow me to focus on KH3. If I manage to complete this list before Easter, I'll probably throw on a few more short games to get it to 10. :)

Updated your link.