Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge

30 minutes ago, coldsphinx93 said:

Is it too late to join? Also, can I use the games I chose for the kill your completion event that I am also doing? I can also add more games to make a more full list.

Nope, it's not. And you definitely can use KYC games. Have a couple on my list.

So like a dope, I forgot Kings Tale was on my list and played it like crazy on Monday, pushing me to around the 60% mark before the competition started, so I guess that will be my switch out.  Updated below.

Spoiler

Fallout New Vegas    1%
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch    2%
Psychonauts    2%
Firewatch    3%
Talos Principle    2%
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion    1%
Red Goddess    15%
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness    1%
The Mark of Kri    4%
A Kings Tale: Final Fantasy XV    4%     Celeste 8%
Epic Mickey 2    14%
Final Fantasy Type 0 HD    1%
Dragon Fantasy Book II    4%
Deadly Premonition    21%
Darksiders    7%
Costume Quest 2    4%
Four Sided Fantasy    9%
Quantum Conundrum    12%
Tomb  Raider Underworld    8%
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel    23%

final fantasy 9 (14%)

dark souls 2 (100%) complete

dragon quest 11 (5%)

sekiro(0%)

salt and sanctuary ( 5%)

final fantasy xv pocket edition (1%)

final fantasy xv (10%)

Edited by L1v3BAT3RH0de3
took far cry 5 off list and added other games

So I have a list. It shall be:

1) Murdered Soul Suspect

2) Lego Movie Game (currently 16%)

3) Harry Potter Half-Blood Prince

4) Spyro 2

5) Unravel (currently 25%)

I'm also doing KYC 9 and Murdered SS is the only game from that event that I added to this list. Hopefully I'll be able to get these all done as well.

4 hours ago, L1v3BAT3RH0de3 said:

final fantasy 9 (14%)

dark souls 2 (8%)

dragon quest 11 (5%)

sekiro(0%)

far cry (6%)

Added.

25 minutes ago, coldsphinx93 said:

So I have a list. It shall be:

1) Murdered Soul Suspect

2) Lego Movie Game (currently 16%)

4) Spyro 2

5) Unravel (currently 25%)

I'm also doing KYC 9 and Murdered SS is the only game from that event that I added to this list. Hopefully I'll be able to get these all done as well.

KYC is just for March. You have until the end of may to finish this. Added.

I would have started my games but unfortunately Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories has my soul. I am busy grinding Riku to Level 99, so I have 20 levels to go before I return to Sora's file and get all of the secret chests he gets and finish his grind. Grinding levels with Riku is the worst thing ever. :(

After I platinum that game, I will start work on the games here. I will probably do Kingdom Hearts after Enigmatis because the latter is easier.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole 100% March 29th

State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem 11%

Creepy  Road 0%

Maliya 100% March 9th

Awesome Pea 4%

Pic-a-Pix Classic 100% March 13th

Don't remember the last time I booted my PS3, going to try and finally finish Ni No Kuni.

Edited by Kishnabe

Took a bit longer than expected, but made some good progress with Dragon Quest Builders.

Dragon Quest Builders (3 =>18%)

All-Star Fruit Racing

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Overcooked 2

Spider-Man

ObgiquV.jpg

Edited by MidnightDragon

Glad to see you chose one of the games as Dragon Quest Builders, the same game as I did. I will get started at that very soon.

Right now my update:

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (0 -> 100% ✔️)

Kingdom Hearts III (0 -> 7%)

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (0%)
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (0%)
Dragon Quest Builders (0%)

I just platinumed the first Enigmatis game very fast, no need to run the story again. ^_^ The others will be just as fast, which leaves room for the RPGs which will take forever, especially since I plan to do other games in the rest of the day. I did complete the first world and got to the second in Kingdom Hearts 3, however. It's a really pretty game. The combat is an acquired taste, but I will get through it eventually, having honed my skills in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. :D

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Glad to see you chose one of the games as Dragon Quest Builders, the same game as I did. I will get started at that very soon.

It's pretty straightforward, but there is a bit of a learning curve. It's pretty fun. :) Gonna start chapter 2 a bit later.

1 hour ago, Kishnabe said:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole 22%

State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem 11%

Creepy  Road 0%

Maliya 10%

Don't remember the last time I booted my PS3, going to try and finally finish Ni No Kuni.

Added you earlier. Just wanted to post my update first.

UPDATE #1:

1. Kingdom Hearts                         1%

2. Spider-Man                                0%

3. Uncharted The Lost Legacy       0%

4. Uncharted 4                               0% --> 18%

5. HITMAN 2                                   0%

6. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim               0%

7. Assassin's Creed Odyssey         9%

Started Uncharted 4's online mode. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far, especially Survival Mode. I managed to knock out all of the main game multiplayer trophies, as well as the trophies for completing all of the Survival stages 1-10. I'm just going to keep grinding away at Survival for the next few days to increase my level to max level and get (mostly) max level weapons. I'm currently level 41 in Survival mode already :P I'll make an honest attempt at 3 stars on Crushing, and depending on how it goes/how far down the rabbit hole I go, I may save it for some other time/never.

I've also been playing some more Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and so far I'm about 15 hours into the game. I'm probably going to take a short break from it since I don't want to rush the game and get burned out, as so far I've been greatly enjoying exploring ancient Greece. I'm going to try to complete every location in the game, so I may not 100% this by the end of the challenge. I'll see how much I get done as I go.

I'm planning on diving into the single player for Uncharted 4 as soon as I complete Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm so that I don't have too many games active at a given time. So far, really happy with the progress I've been making! And aside from 2 games on my profile that I plan on finishing up that aren't part of this challenge, I think there's actually a good chance that I'll stick with the list I have here for the next few months :P

On 2/6/2019 at 0:56 PM, MidnightDragon said:

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 25 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST March 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on May 31. If you complete the maximum of 20 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 5 more games for a total of 25.

No good reason? I have a good reason. I keep buying more games. Ughhh... Help me! I have problems lol

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

It's pretty straightforward, but there is a bit of a learning curve. It's pretty fun. :) Gonna start chapter 2 a bit later.

Good luck on that, you have to manage your time wisely to get everything done because of one thing:

Spoiler

Each time you heal a person, it takes one night for them to recover, so you'll have to advance time to complete the story unlike Caitlin and you'd better get the healing items you need to heal those sick people or else you'll waste more time than necessary. Even though you have 30 in-game days for one challenge, those days will quickly drain away if you aren't prepared or following a guide. I used a video guide for the speed challenge.

3 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Good luck on that, you have to manage your time wisely to get everything done because of one thing:

Hide contents

Each time you heal a person, it takes one night for them to recover, so you'll have to advance time to complete the story unlike Caitlin and you'd better get the healing items you need to heal those sick people or else you'll waste more time than necessary. Even though you have 30 in-game days for one challenge, those days will quickly drain away if you aren't prepared or following a guide. I used a video guide for the speed challenge.

Using a guide for the game. So far, doing fine on time.

1) Murdered Soul Suspect => 100% Platinum

2) Lego Movie Game (16%)

4) Spyro 2

5) Unravel (25%)

I finished my first game. Very enjoyable one at that. The story is put together very well and I recommend a playthrough, especially for trophy hunters. Just follow a guide for collectibles and you got another easy one.

• Like 1

First Update:

1. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) - 28%

2. Cabela's African Adventures (PS4) - 25%

3. Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition (PS4) - 25% => 100 % ✅

4. I am the Hero (PS4) - 20% => 42%

5. Rainbow Moon (PSVITA) - 15% => 20%

6. Crystal Rift (PS4) - 13%

7. Apotheon (PS4) - 8%

8. ICO (PS3) - 3%

9. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) - 0%

First game done. Pretty quick finish. Should have I am the Hero done in the next day or so. Just finished up Mass Effect on PS3 so I'll probably start ICO soon.

• Like 1