Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge

Update time.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (100% 2714.png)

Kingdom Hearts III (7% -> 12%)

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (0% -> 100% ✔️)
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (0%)
Dragon Quest Builders (0%)

Got a couple more KH3 trophies and rushed through Enigmatis 2. That game took a little longer because you have to do the main story twice to get all of the hidden objects puzzles AND the card matching alternatives but it's a really creepy story continuing the first game.

Enigmatis 3 will be the next game and then I will start diving into DQB.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Rebel Galaxy 30%

Rouge Aces 25%

World of Final Fantasy 15%

Blue Reflection 15%

Overcooked 2 6%

Atelier Firis 4%

Resident Evil 0 0%

Jak and Dexter precusor legacy 0% > 100%

Stellaris 0% > 6%

Trails of Cold Steel (PS4 EU version) 0%

Jak and Dexter down, dabbling in Stellaris. 

1. Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS4) - 28%

2. Cabela's African Adventures (PS4) - 25%

3. Honor and Duty: Arcade Edition (PS4) - 25% => 100 % ✅

4. I am the Hero (PS4) - 42% => 100%  :platinum:

5. Rainbow Moon (PSVITA) - 15% => 20%

6. Crystal Rift (PS4) - 13%

7. Apotheon (PS4) - 8%

8. ICO (PS3) - 3%

9. Chaos on Deponia (PS4) - 0%

Finished I am the Hero. Also started and finished Awesome Pea (trophies still aren't recognized by servers) on my vita, so back to Rainbow Moon today. Started ICO again, still not convinced about the game. 

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (100% 2714.png)

Kingdom Hearts III (12% -> 17%)
Dragon Quest Builders (0%)

Small update, just completed another part of story in KH3 and at Toy Box now. Will complete Enigmatis 3 tomorrow and be done until Kingdom Hearts 3 or Dragon Quest Builders is done.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Made even more progress with Dragon Quest Builders.

Dragon Quest Builders (18 =>53%)

All-Star Fruit Racing

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Overcooked 2

Spider-Man

The second chapter involved a lot of trial and error, but it ended up working out in the end. I finished the chapter in 28 days. There is one RNG challenge involved with chapter 2, but I was extremely lucky and got it in about five minutes, though I reloaded my save after beating the boss just to be sure time wasn't a problem. Currently working on chapter 3.

Edited by MidnightDragon

36 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Was going to update but Enigmatis 3 glitched and I couldn't complete the story - I lost a key item in the shuffle. So I have to restart the entire game from scratch which sucks. I might shift gears to Dragon Quest Builders, I have been putting that off for way too long. :P

Hope you enjoy it. I'm about to start the final chapter.

Dragon Quest Builders (53 =>78%)

All-Star Fruit Racing

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Overcooked 2

Spider-Man

Nearing the home stretch with Dragon Quest Builders. I will definitely get the platinum tomorrow. I was going to try for it tonight, but had some bad luck and made some mistakes. The speed runs are not difficult. I finished chapter 3 in 28 days. I probably would've at 26 or so, but I had to wait two days to finish one of the challenges. The boss fight was a bit annoying. You race around a track on a jetbike smashing into the boss. Why is there a jetbike in a medieval-ish setting? It took me a few tries to get the hang of things, but it wasn't bad once I did.

@SuperSmash5U Let me know if there's anything you need help with.

Edited by MidnightDragon

17 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:
Nearing the home stretch with Dragon Quest Builders. I will definitely get the platinum tomorrow. I was going to try for it tonight, but had some bad luck and made some mistakes. The speed runs are not difficult. I finished chapter 3 in 28 days. I probably would've at 26 or so, but I had to wait two days to finish one of the challenges. The boss fight was a bit annoying. You race around a track on a jetbike smashing into the boss. Why is there a jetbike in a medieval-ish setting? It took me a few tries to get the hang of things, but it wasn't bad once I did.

@SuperSmash5U Let me know if there's anything you need help with.

Thanks but I really don't need help. I am already starting on my own game and will update when I get a couple more trophies that are a bit grindy while I still have the ability to build without worrying about the time restriction. ;) Good luck on the home stretch!

EDIT: Since nobody posted, I am putting my update up here.

Kingdom Hearts III (17%)
Dragon Quest Builders (0% -> 21%)

Started DQB and completed Chapter 1. The % total is due to the fact that I actually farmed out two trophies(Super Smasher and Superior Decorator) before I triggered the quest that made time and hunger unlock so I had plenty of time to build up Cantlin so it had a huge wall. I had to sleep once but I didn't lose too much time and got out of Dodge by the 16th day to get the speed achievement. I also got the max level achievement by doing an exploit where you create a four-wall high room and putting two doors on top of each other and the game thinks you have two rooms and gives you double town EXP, though I could have gotten the achievement without the glitch. The only slop was that the tougher ghosts kept hitting me while I was attacking a rockbomb and I failed to kill it before it self-destructed, losing a rockbomb shard for the wrecking ball bombs. Also failed to blast the boss at the end on the third phase TWICE but I recovered.

I plan on going back to Chapter 1 to do the three miscellaneous challenges to get the Conquerer of Cantlin trophy and then start Chapter 2. :)

I will probably get this game on the Switch as I heard you can ride a sabercub in the free-play mode. ^_^

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Dragon Quest Builders (78=>100%) :platinum: 3/9/19

All-Star Fruit Racing

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Overcooked 2

Spider-Man

QRD6BUC.jpg

So Dragon Quest Builders is done. You can read my thoughts here. Going to start All-Star Fruit Racing tomorrow.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Going to start All-Star Fruit Racing tomorrow.

I'm actually playing that game currently. It is quite fun. The time trials I'm finding easier than I expected, but I've only finished the first two islands on easy mode. I had one glitch where I couldn't change character and it wouldn't go away even after reinstalling the game, but then it magically fixed itself after a few days :/ 

Good game overall though. Have fun!

On 3/3/2019 at 3:48 PM, Kishnabe said:

South Park: The Fractured But Whole 22%

State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem 11%

Creepy  Road 0%

Maliya 10%

Don't remember the last time I booted my PS3, going to try and finally finish Ni No Kuni.

Completed Maliya

On 3/8/2019 at 7:36 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

Kingdom Hearts III (17%)
Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (0% -> 28%)
Dragon Quest Builders (0% -> 21%)

Need to fix something. I did get % on Enigmatis 3 before I started DQB, but sadly the game bugged out and I lost an item and didn't bar the window of the temple so I can't finish the story. This happened before(in the village, I gave the woman the belt but she didn't pull the lever) so I think this game is the first Mundi title with bugs in it. :(

I deleted the save and shelved it until I can handle playing through everything from Start. Until then I am working on other stuff like LEGO Jurassic World. I am probably going to create a new KH3 save and try to speedrun the game so I can just get through the story so I can focus on the miscellaneous trophies. I want to try to optimize a KH3 Platinum Real Time Attack speedrun route. I will probably do it on a blank account and not give it life unless I feel like it.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

Rebel Galaxy 30%

Rouge Aces 25%

World of Final Fantasy 15%

Blue Reflection 15%

Overcooked 2 6%

Atelier Firis 4% > 10%

Resident Evil 0 0%

Jak and Dexter precusor legacy 100%

Stellaris 6% >9%

Trails of Cold Steel (PS4 EU version) 0%

Firis is really relaxing (apart from one potentially missable trophy) and charming, digging it after work stress

Update time

PS4

Astro Bot

OwlBoy :platinum:

The Walking Dead Collection :platinum:

Vita

Furmins - 25%

Hatofull Boyfriend ?

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

So I already finished 3 out of 6  :D At this rate I can keep playing games on the side and still finish this list

• Like 1

I only just found this challenge now. Would I still be able to join?

If I can these would be my games:

Black Mirror 1%

Mousecraft 5%

Kingdom Hearts III 12%

FEZ 23%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice 18%

Also, when we finish our first 5 games do we just add to the list? Or should we be picking up to twenty right from the start?

Edited by AmarisSkye
Had a question.

6 minutes ago, AmarisSkye said:

I only just found this challenge now. Would I still be able to join?

If I can these would be my games:

Black Mirror 1%

Mousecraft 5%

Kingdom Hearts III 12%

FEZ 23%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice 18%

Also, when we finish our first 5 games do we just add to the list? Or should we be picking up to twenty right from the start?

Added.

You can add games at any time, even if you haven’t finished your initial five.

Kingdom Hearts III (17% -> 18%)

Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (28%)
Dragon Quest Builders (21%)

Not much done, I only got one story-related trophy in KH3 even though I completed two worlds. That's because I actually started a new game and ran through it and now at the fifth world. I tried to get Festival Dancer but it's harder than it looks. I kept missing the inputs and breaking the chain. :(

Going to do some cleanup on Chapter 1 of DQB and then try to plat Enigmatis 3 again hoping it doesn't glitch this time.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:22 PM, SuperSmash5U said:

Congrats! I have a lot of work to do to catch up to you. xD

Thanks. Update time.

Dragon Quest Builders- :platinum: March 9

All-Star Fruit Racing-0=>20%

Assassin's Creed II (NEW)

Dragon Sinker (NEW)

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Spider-Man

Added Dragon Sinker to my list. Decided to use my swap to switch out Overcooked 2 with Assassin's Creed II. Also started All-Star Fruit Racing. It's pretty much a Mario Kart clone. However, there isn't enough noise. Main thing is soft music and the racers giggling. It isn't too difficult so far.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Just found this topic!

(top to bottom)

Horizon: Zero Dawn 29% (Might buy DLC but i don't know if i can fit it in my budget rn)

COD Modern Warfare Remastered 21%

Metro 2033 Redux 2%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice 9%

Hitman 11%

Edited by NillerKasket

Enigmatis 3 is trying its damned hardest to sabotage all of my attempt to platinum it. This has been the worst experience I had with this game - it crashed TWICE and glitched on me... now I have missed TWO collectibles and had to redo the start THRICE because I missed the stupid tainted reality and feather in the church basement! :shakefist:

I'll get the platinum soon, I just to take a few minutes break to snack on cheese and get ready for the long trip to those items I missed, which were near the end of the story.

EDIT: Update!

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (100% :platinum:)

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (100% :platinum:)

Kingdom Hearts III (18%)

Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (28% -> 100% :platinum:)
Dragon Quest Builders (21% -> 31%)

So Enigmatis 3 was trolling me. I had to delete my save file 20 times because the game keeps items you collected as collected but doesn't count them as part of the total, so I think you have to start from a fresh file. Also, the game crashed THRICE. This game is the worst Artifex Mundi title because it was seriously bugged. This has never happened before. :(

Well, that demon is excised, but I did step into DQB a bit to complete all of the challenges for Chapter 1. I will do the next chapter soon, but I have other games I have to work on too. ;) At least I have only the long games to finish now. That's a shame as the Enigmatis trilogy was probably my favorite Mundi series.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

8 hours ago, NillerKasket said:

Just found this topic!

(top to bottom)

Horizon: Zero Dawn 29% (Might buy DLC but i don't know if i can fit it in my budget rn)

COD Modern Warfare Remastered 21%

Metro 2033 Redux 2%

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice 9%

Hitman 11%

Added.

Dragon Quest Builders- :platinum: March 9

All-Star Fruit Racing-20=>58%

Assassin's Creed II

Dragon Sinker

Dungeons II

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Spider-Man

Going through career mode, it didn't feel too difficult...until I hit the last cup. The Rainbow Road vibe of the track was pretty cool. However, I felt there was a huge difficulty spike. Lots of retries. I didn't win any of the three races, but ultimately scored high enough across the board it didn't matter. Got the online done, too. It was a pain in the ass. The AI made it more annoying than it needed to be! Thanks to @Conker for the boosting. :)

Edited by MidnightDragon

Brief update, I spent all night doing this.

Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek (100% :platinum:)

Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (100% :platinum:)

Enigmatis 3: The Shadow of Karkhala (100% :platinum:)

Kingdom Hearts III (18% -> 27%)
Dragon Quest Builders (31%)

I spent all night getting through the next two worlds of KH3, Monstropolis and Arandelle. Between them Sora visited the 100 Acre Wood again. It was nice to hear Rabbit's voice. ;) I also finally got a mini-game trophy, that infuriating Festival Dancer. Tried bobsledding at Frozen Slider but kept falling short of the 60 grand needed for Shield Shredder.

I am going to eat breakfast, go to sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to either DQB or do the next world of KH3. That or something completely different. xD