What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

iGGTheEnd

Requirements  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

Literally anything, what does prevent me from enjoying the game. Some games hard modes are just too hard to enjoy.  Especially these with just a few to zero checkpoints. I don't want to do that.

If I have to always leave a guide open, may it be for missables or collectibles, it's annoying.

MP? I don't mind to try it out a few rounds. Even if it's 50, it's OK. But thats it. I don't always want to learn everything about it and get good to earn a trophy. 

I mean.. I want to enjoy the game. I want to do everything possible and beat every boss. Get the secret weapon. Trigger the easter egg. But I don't want to focus on things I wouldn't usually do.

I dislike certain collectibles. If they're not tracked somehow and don't give rewards that are worth the time commitment, they can go to hell. They absolutely have to have one of those things. Both is preferable.

I hate collectibles that are like "here's 100 collectibles that you absolutely have to use a guide for or you'll miss one and never know which one... And the only thing it'll give you is a trophy, we couldn't even take the time to make a skin for a reward"

I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3 right now and it's a perfect example of collectibles done right. It tracks exactly which ones you've found and it gives you some of the best things in the game as you get them. I really wish more games cared about their collectibles that way.

• Like 1

HATE multiplayer trophies/ achievements, always did. Hated the way I had so many empty spaces in my Halo and Gears of War lists on my Xbox, it's even worse on PS3 when MP trophies are required for a plat, especially on older games with dead/ shut down servers. Games like BioShock 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and the like came at a time when every game just HAD to have multiplayer so an undue emphasis got placed on a lot of them in trophy lists. They're easier in terms of requirements in games nowadays if they're even in it at all but I think that MP trophies should be in a free update and not a requirement for the plat if the main focus of the game is singleplayer. But that's just my whiny sense of entitlement and resentment of challenge talking, I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LepreCon91 said:

HATE multiplayer trophies/ achievements, always did. Hated the way I had so many empty spaces in my Halo and Gears of War lists on my Xbox, it's even worse on PS3 when MP trophies are required for a plat, especially on older games with dead/ shut down servers. Games like BioShock 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and the like came at a time when every game just HAD to have multiplayer so an undue emphasis got placed on a lot of them in trophy lists. They're easier in terms of requirements in games nowadays if they're even in it at all but I think that MP trophies should be in a free update and not a requirement for the plat if the main focus of the game is singleplayer. But that's just my whiny sense of entitlement and resentment of challenge talking, I suppose.

Whine on!!! Can't stand them either!!! and you said it perfectly with single player story driven games where MP trophies have no business being in.

• Like 2

Absolutely hate doing multiple playthroughs of anything. Already not liking the thought of getting Bleach's platinum just because of this alone.

Collectibles are ok if they are tracked in game, MP i'm almost always boosting it, difficulty is a challenge and i like it, Speedruns are fine too if the game is short enough (like Braid). I guess that both multiple playthroughs and grinding fall in the same category of pointless repetition that I hate doing.

Full game stealth trophies. Beat the game without ever getting caught/setting off an alarm etc. I can handle small stealth sections usually but any more than that and id rather go do an actual chore instead of making a game into one.

If i were to pick from that list id probably go with multiple playthroughs though. Always the risk of burn out and can lessen my opinion of the game by the time im done even if i loved it after the first run. Also games that i kind of regret finishing even once that im certainly not going to play again.

• Like 2

Any of the play X-ty hours trophies.  Speed runs or the opposite, play over 200 hours trophies.

Missables is very close.  Not fun to be playing through the game having a good time.  Only to look at something and find out that you missed something five boards ago and that locks you out of multiple trophies.

dear lord multiplayer. get nervous if i'll find a partner and a person that will stick through it. i prefer not to play with people if i can help it when i'm gaming lol.

speedrunning is stressful for me, especially when its from beginning to end of the game. if speeding is broken down to trials or something it feels less tense, but still not my favorite part of trophies. whenever i see speed trophies i get anxious lol.

not a fan of difficulty trophies either as i'm nervous if i'll be able to conquer highest difficulties. i don't play games for super intense difficulty, but a lot of games out there aren't that bad on highest difficulty. there are some that really live up to the higher difficulties names. 

5 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

What is your least favorite trophy requirement in games?

Example.

Collectables, Missables, Multiplayer, Grindy, S ranks, etc.

Personally I dislike collectables because I hate looking at guides the whole time I play.

Multiplayer, no doubt. Uncharted 4's survival trophies turned the gaming experience from fun and enjoyable, to just plain hell. 

Multiplayer, speedruns, and S Ranks. Although with S Ranks it really depends on how they do it. If they have it where I can go in with upgraded gear NG+ stuff then I'm usually okay but if they make me start from scratch then I don't like it especially if I went through the effort of grinding to become OP. The same goes with speedruns too. At the very least I can appreciate a speedrun that pauses the timer when you pause the game.

I'm in the category of "I hate grinding+online multiplayer trophies". I don't hate multiplayer trophies per se, most of them are pretty easy and you can get most of them in one boosting session, the problem arises when they demand you to reach maximum level or even worse like in Uncharted 3 ; :silver: The Hoader and :silver:The Collector trophies, which combines the 3 most annoying things to put as a game trophy: RNG + Multiplayer + Grinding, the worst type of trophy of all time.

I used to hate speedruns, even before trophies/achievements were a thing. Same for playing on higher difficulties. But then I upped my gaming skills and now I learned to like both categories to the point that I'll do those even if the games don't have trophies (Or trophies specifically for them). There is one on my list that I'm yet to achieve but I'll be one happy trophy hunter when I do: :silver:The Shadows Rushed Me from Max Payne 3. One speedrun I'm particularly proud of doing recently is the 10-Star run on Silent Hill 2 HD version, that one combines speedrun on highest difficulty + collecting 150 items + awfully hard minigame + killing 150 enemies (75 with melee + 75 with guns) + Not taking much damage.

MP trophies, mostly because of the fact that they'll made a platinum unobtainable sooner or later.

I actually love speedruns. When you're going for them, you suppose to complete the game before at least once, so game it's appreciated by me anyway. And i like to challenge myself this way.