What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

iGGTheEnd

Requirements  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

A week ago I would have said multiplayer but the game I'm playing right now made me change my mind.

I'm currently playing Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge and thanks to this f*cking game my vote goes to "replaying the game multiple times". For the plat of this game you need to beat the story mode 7 times. If only difficulties stacked it could have been bearable but nope. I've beaten the game 4 times already and I'm already starting to hate the game.

On top of that the game also have a trophy that requires to reach level 99 online and I also need a coop partner even though the community of the game is dead. I'm pretty sure this game will end up being my most hated platinum when I'm done with it.

Edited by itachi-destroyer
  • Like 2

My first reaction was mp trophies but lately I have just really hated having to play through a game multiple times. MP is annoying when its grindy, when servers are dead or the trophies are glitchy, but replaying a whole campaign multiple times is just boring af. I may get hate for this but... I don't want to play through Kingdom Hearts for the third time. It's nothing to do with the story or game itself, I loved the first run through. I'd rather just move on to the next game. They should have stacked these just like the PS4 version. 

• Like 1

I've gotten some MP ones naturally, mainly in games that are still relatively active. But as someone who mainly plays older/cheaper games, online can sometimes mean auto no plat. For newer games I mainly dislike online ones that require boosting or friends who play the same game. Like in Rocket League I would have gotten all general online play ones 10 times over, but won't have 100% due to the clubs ones.

Other than that missables. I generally avoid playing with any sort of guide 1st time around, want my playthroughs to be natural. So I prefer it if everything can be cleaned up post game. Sleeping Dogs did this well, there was a crapton of things to do, but they were all possible post game and visible on the in game map (no annoying external maps needed).

• Like 2

I don’t mind multiplayer if you can get them playing normally.  But so many are so specialized, you almost need to boost to have a chance.

Grinding can be bad, same with collectibles where you need a guide (takes the fun out).  And yes really difficult trophies where you need to complete all missions/races with highest rank.  There is always 1-2 (at least) that are nightmares.

so a little bit of each,  no clear answer.  I like multiplayer trophies where they come naturally with some playtime/skill.  It is the oddball requirement multiplayer trophies that suck.

Multiplayer-half of the time I just don't care to play with others online
Speed Runs- Only the ones I do hate are the ones that require perfection or even you do everything perfectly you still end up running out of time for some reason
Also to the games that require you to beat a level under 5 hours less it would be nice to have a timer on the screen so I can tell how much time I have left.
Grinding- I probably wouldn't have put this on here, but I don't care to play 50+ playthroughs of a game or reach level 55 or 100 in Multiplayer 
Multiple  Playthrough trophies- I don't mind them if they are just difficulty related or something I just hate having to go out of the way and do something like collect Titles which I believe multiple playthroughs are required in Tales of Symphonia and those games.
And I would luck based trophies as well and trophies that require multiple wins in a row online

A Trophy list I actually did like was the Crash Bandicoot games somewhat difficult, but at least reasonable and the collectables weren't annoying to get.
And didn't mind God of War 3 too much ether. 

One of the problems for people playing MP for trophies is that, unless you're part of a boosting session or playing with friends, most of the other players don't care about trophies. Sometimes that's not a problem, but more often it just makes it a hassle and sucks the fun out of even trying.  

I'm not too keen on anything that makes you play the game way more than necessary to get a trophy. The Zeni trophy from Dragonball FighterZ springs to mind. Even after getting 20 million Zeni, there is nothing left to purchase after spending 4-5 million odd. Purely put in by the developer to extend play unnecessarily! 

• Like 2

Multiplayer without a doubt I don't mind if there are something simple like "Win 5 rounds online" That's fine but some games have ridiculous online trophies,that and eventually games with  multiplayer modes are going to get shutdown making the platinum trophy unobtainable.

MP

This is always about time. There will be a day when the servers will be down and the platinum trophy isnt obtainable anymore.

Thats what happned with my ps allstars battle royal game now -.-

Oh - and for ps vita its ad-hoc.

I need a second micky epic game for the platinum - and you cant buy it in the store -.- you need a 2nd vita and a 2md gamecard.

8 hours ago, DEADLOCKED11 said:

Multiplayer trophies put an expiry on the platinum. Many games I have gotten every single trophy except for the few multiplayer trophies that I can never get because the servers are shut down or entirely dead

For example, Portal 2 and Black Ops 2 rip :( 

Multiplayer gets the cake for me. Is like having a delicious dish in your refrigerator BUT with an expiration date. Another thing that gets in my nerves is playing the game multiple times, sepcially if the single player mode is nowhere near of attractive. And for, last, it irkes me having to replay sections and/or chapters just of missable trophies.

I voted other for Time Attack/Arena modes where you need to get 3 stars or something on each level. This usually means you have to play the same thing over and over again constantly trying to better yourself until you can reach the required score. To add to this, a lot of these modes in newer games now require RNG based around microtransactions (which I hate with a passion). Developers purposefully make their trophies super hard in order to encourage you to spend real money, i.e. Uncharted 4 survival or Breach mode in Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

Most of the options in the list though I'm okay with.

• Missables: Annoying if it requires a whole new playthrough of a 50 hour game but usually they don't. Also I always check a guide before starting a trophy run so I'm always aware of missables.
  • Multiplayer: Definitely annoying in a single player orientated game, usually always requires massive grinds on dead servers i.e. Tomb Raider. But I don't mind the ones that just require you to check it out and can take 10 minutes.
  • Grinding: Grinding is mind numbingly boring but I usually don't play the kinds of games its prevalent in so it's never too much of an issue for me.
  • Collectibles: I actually enjoy collectible trophies, never felt ashamed to use a guide and collectibles can take you to areas you may have never explored normally.
  • Speed run: AS LONG as there's no RNG involved as mentioned earlier, I'm okay with these, I'll usually watch a video to find the fastest method and I actually quite enjoy implementing that into my own play through (I tend to watch speed runs in my spare time anyway, like games done quick etc.) 
  • Replaying the game multiple times: Frustrating but if I enjoy the game it doesn't bother me, I'll usually play something else in between to avoid burnout.
  • S or Star ranks: Again, can be annoying but sometimes can be fun when using a guide to find out the most efficient ways of doing things (I enjoyed doing this in Resi5)
  • Difficulty related: As long as they stack, I'm cool.
  • Like 1

In my case, I definitely don’t like speed runs. They make me nervous and, well, if I fail the time requirement, I have to do everything again. This kind of trophies are not enjoyable, for me, in general.

On the other hand, I really love MP trophies, because I enjoy playing with other people, and I also like difficulty related trophies, especially if we’re talking about a game I like a lot.

With collectibles, I kinda have a love-hate relationship. I really like going after them, if their locations show up on the game map. If we have to follow a guide to get them, I don’t enjoy them as much and they may even take away my motivation to platinum the game.

For me there are some trophies that take the cake in terms of being unbearable, but what I hate the most for sure is Multiplayer trophies, my reasons for this:

1. I don't like MP so much as I used to, I liked playing MW, BO and MW2 online, but nowadays these new MP modes does not seem as fun, just grindy and monay-grabbing.
  2. Trophies like the ones in SWBF2, where you have to do impossibly boring tasks that requires absurd amounts of time, luck and some cases skill.
  3. Servers going down or being dead after a while, because of this we have several games where the trophies can never be earned again, and it sucks!

MP aside, the others are manageable for me, I only find boring games where you have to replay several times and you can't skip cutscenes and dialogues.

Multiplayer trophies are usually the worst. They not only become unattainable after the servers are turned off, but sometimes they’re designed so poorly that they ruin the fun for people just playing MP regardless of trophies. Sometimes they can be done very well, though. Battlefield 1 requires you to play each class for about 2-3 hours, so you get a nice taste of the modes without spending too much time, playing obscure modes and stuff like that.

i’ll throw another category into „Others” - those requiring expensive peripherals - stupid numbers of controllers, Move, camera, Vita, VR headset, etc. for games that otherwise don’t require them to play.

Edited by tata_arek