What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

iGGTheEnd

Requirements  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

I was definitely torn between grinding and multiplayer, but in the end grinding took the cake for me. 

In most cases, I can either boost or get skilled enough to complete something in multiplayer, but nothing beats having to grind random drops or farm kills for hours upon hours. 

I really should be able to vote for multiple ?

I hate multiplayer trophies that require lots of time and skill. I’m happy to do a couple of online races for example, just don’t force me to spend ages there or *win*. I hate it, same with shooters, I won’t do it. Don’t want to do co-op either, or rather... I don’t have friends to play with, so those trophies really piss me off. Dead servers too.

Don’t require me to play the game and (multiple) high difficulty levels. I don’t enjoy it at all, so I won’t even bother. Same with speed runs, no thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Luck based grinding is my least favourite by a mile... Nothing beats never knowing when you'll get what you want. I have been fishing on The Elder Scrolls Online for many hours now with the fishing holes all generating random fish, you need to catch rare fish in every hole and many of them have consumed a high amount of my bait before giving me what I want. I can appreciate a grind that has an end in sight and straightforward requirements, but when you don't know if something's gonna take 1 try or 1000 tries the uncertainty is unsettling.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

Worst for me are

online trophies

(multiple) difficulty runs (for real, who thought this is a good requirement for a trophy?! Bayonetta, I'm looking at you.)

also I hate S/SS+ rank trophies for games I suck at. (also Bayonetta *cough*)

Edited by nymphia97

I voted Other but this could come under Speed Run, maybe?

Events or missions that have time requirements for example in The Shadow of the Colossus where you have to beat the Colossi in a certain time. 

That really grinds my gears.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone for speed runs. I'm not fond of multiplayer trophies either but in almost all cases I've been able to boost them with skilled and loyal members of this site and others.

Right now though, the time limits for each individual mission in The Ballad of Gay Tony have reminded me how much I hate racing against the clock, especially when there is no on-screen timer for you to directly monitor your progress.

Currently raging against the time limit for the Sexy Time mission. But I've beaten No. 3 at least with surprisingly minimal stress.

Gotta love when speed-runs and online trophies combine (looking at you, :bronze:Fly the Co-op and :silver:Elitist).

For me there are a couple. They are: unnecessary multiplayer which is multiplayer in single player focussed games.

Really heavy grinds that are just there for a trophy. Good example is shadow warrior 2, you need 10.000 special orbs. After 2 playthroughs you are around 1000.

I don't like speedrun and s rank things. But that has a different reason. These are often put in more arcady or platform games and i don't like those.

For me trophies should be obtainable in the regular way of playing the game, and then they can be as challenging as the dev likes. For example difficult time trials in racing games. Thats just the game.

The trophies people hate are often categorized as unnecessary. Just a dumb grind, tucked on multiplayer etc.

Agree with @sephiroth4424 - big grinds that you can't track. It typically plays out like this. I need 1000 kills. I keep killing until I think I'm in the ballpark, so I pay extra attention in case the trophy pops. It doesn't, so I attempt to sync trophies fairly often in case I missed the trophy pop. It's still not achieved. Could there be a glitch? Checks online to see if others have had the same potential glitch and if others have, curse and keep trying just in case. And then, once I'm about to give up thinking I must have killed double the amount, it miraculously pops and in a state of borderline Stockholm syndrome I give the game mental praise, thinking that it decided I was worthy of the trophy and hands me the glitched trophy, even though it isn't glitched and all of this would've been so much easier if the game had an in-game tracker (or if the PS4 tracked completion % like the Xbox).

EDIT: Posted before post was finished.

Edited by Bartoulum
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Grindy ones that are there for no friggin reason at all. Something like level 100 in GTA Online or level 50 in RDR2 are respectable grinds and fine with me as that is account progression. However, the type I am talking about are ones like AC: Syndicate destroying 5000 things with your carriage. On my few playthroughs I was never close to it by the time I had done everything in the game. So I ended up there for a few hours riding circles around a market to unlock the trophy. 

Not ideal time and barely can be said that it is gaming. 

Any trophy that is similar to this is dreadful. 

As well as what has already been mentioned, not being able to track your progress on such matters. 

And what others have said about being luck based, ehh, RNG trophies are fun for myself to go for. 

• Like 1

RNG shit - whether that's waiting for a specific drop, or just waiting for the stars to align for some random requirement - absolutely no need for it. Grinding I can tolerate to an extent - even if it's gonna take a while I know when and how I can reach that goal. Collectibles - tedious but whatever, I'll listen to some music and I can usually tune out if it gets tedious for whatever reason. But random shit? There's never any decent reason to justify it, especially when I have to spend most of my time staring at a loading screen hoping for my luck to turn around.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer trophies all the way! I can't stand them. This is the reason why I won't ever platinum The Last of Us or Bioshock 2 on the PS3. Not to mention a lot of those multiplayer trophies are so grindy. For people who enjoy multiplayer this probably isn't that big of a deal, but I like being able to get my own trophies without the help of someone else. 

Edited by FireFoxie

Multiplayer. Anything that requires precision teamwork from other players is an instant dislike for me, Criminal Masterminds from GTA5 being the most painful example I've personally been through.

Flawless Raider back when the original Destiny first launched & you couldn't glitch it was a damn nightmare aswell, had I known you could eventually solo it I wouldn't have spent all that time back then getting it.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1