What is your least favorite trophy requirement?

iGGTheEnd

Requirements  

529 members have voted

1. 1. Least fave requirement

• Missables
    • Multiplayer
    • Grinding
    • Collectables
    • Speed run
    • Replaying the game multiple times
    • S or Star ranks
    • Difficulty related
    • Other

I've grown to despise the trophies that require you to beat a game in a certain number of lives, or even worse, without getting hit or dying a single time. Fuck these things, nothing's worse than when you finish a game and you go to check the trophy list to see what stragglers remain and you see one shitty trophy left saying you need to beat the entire game again but only dying a maximum of 5 times. Especially since I always feel the need to go for that one extra trophy since it's the last one I need for that sweet hundo percento. Looking at you Super Meat Boy and your twelve trophies dedicated to beating world's without dying.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Missables with chapter select? Okay.

Missables with no chapter select or way to go back? Unforgivable. 

Multiplayer trophies can be a pain yes. But if your multiplayer trophy is still difficult to pull off when 3 or 4 people who sole purpose is to boost said trophy that's also pretty unforgivable. Getting to X rank in multiplayer can also be a drag unless it's reasonable. Like if there's 50 total levels and you make it get to level 10 or even 25. But getting to 50 sucks. 

Speedrun trophies that have zero room for error also blow. But usually with lots of practice you'll get it eventually.

I'm fine with most trophies but the ones listed above annoy me the most. However, I'll still try my hardest to get them all. Annoying or otherwise. ?

• Like 1

I'm just so tired of collectibles these days having done it so many times. It's the chore part of a trophy list when I look one up. Ones where they're identified on your map I have no problem with, particularly in open world games. It's the ones where you have to follow a youtube video and you have to keep going back and forth between pausing the game and pausing the youtube video and then you have to rewind the video if its not clear where the collectible is. Also shoutout to Brian from PS4Trophies for making collectible guides that miss certain collectibles. His videos are so poor

• Like 2

Many of these options tbh ?

Multiplayer is always pain. "No matter how good you are, the opposing team is better"

Replaying the Game multiple times "oh I finished the game now I want to start the next one" new game plus is now available with more trophies or play the game for 20 more endings

Connected to Servers why do I need to be connected to servers to get trophies for single player ?‍♂️ 

RNG and Luck Trophies "do you want this trophy? Sry I can't give you that easily" 

I hate when games add new game plus/or additional difficulties as dlc trophies.  I usually don't mind grinding through one more playthrough if its for a platinum but a lot of the time I cant bring myself to do it if its just to get %100.  This is why The Last of Us ps4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man are both at like 98% lol.  Maybe one day I'll have the urge to go back and play them but I doubt it the backlog has grown monstrous.  I can't imagine its that difficult to put new game plus in from the start but I'm not a developer so who knows.  

• Like 2

Multiplayer - What if the servers went down?  What if no one else wants to play, or doesn't care about the trophies? I met great people boosting trophies on this site, but it was a minor % of all the pain I've been through with these trophies.

Missables -  I don't want to play looking at a guide every 5 minutes just to avoid missables, it's just not fun for me.

Grind - But only if they are not justified in the game. I don't mind grinding to level 99 in a game if that level 99 makes me able to do something with it (secret enemy, or beat the rest of the game faster, etc). What I really hate is trophies like "ok, you beat the game, you did everything the game offered you. You killed 2000 monsters, but for this one trophy, you need to kill 10.000, so please enjoy the next hours/days killing 8.000 enemies just for the trophy". 

Difficult related - Only if I can't choose at the start that difficulty level. You want me to play on hardmode+++? Sure, I'll do it. I need to beat the game playing on normal to unlock hardmode? Then that's a no-no for me. And also, non-stackable difficulty trophy. If I beat the game on hard, give me both the trophy for hard mode and for normal mode, don't make me play again on normal...

Interesting results. I’m surprised that multiplayer is so much more unpopular than all the other categories. 

Thinking about the (many) games I’ve yet to 100%, multiple playthroughs and challenges seem to be the main blockers. In theory I’ll go back one day and play through some of my uncompleted games a second time and sometimes someone will taxi you so I selected s rank.

I don’t mind challenge based trophies on games like racing games, fighting games or sports games where completing challenges is a core part of the game but when challenge modes are tacked on to narrative games I really hate that. Especially obnoxious is when challenges are added to a narrative game as DLC - like in Days Gone. It just feels like cheap filler rather than considered extra content that will enhance the gaming experience.

collectibles and grinds I don’t mind as, as I’ve said before they are a way for low skilled but patient players like me to get UR trophies! 

• Like 1

I personally miss games having multiplayer modes such as far cry 3, assassins creed brotherhood, last of us, crysis 3 etc. Its gives me a reason to go back to a game even after years. Nowadays non of these titles have mutliplayer anymore and youre forced to play CoD or fortnite etc. which isnt fun to me so anyway ..

For me the worst requirement are missables because i dont like looking at a guide when i play. 

Im ok if it takes me longer to plat if i dont use a guide aslong as theres no missables.

• Like 1

This is so easy for me to answer. It’s hands down grinding. Any game that requires me to do the same thing to the same enemy in the same area over and over again usually means I’m walking away from the platinum. Life is just too short. Hate is a very strong word but I don’t think it goes far enough to describe how I feel about repetitive grinding.

yakuza like a dragon sticks out in my memory especially as an absolute joke to length of time it expected you to grind to level up for that tower trophy. Just no. Always, always a no.

15 hours ago, DJ_Murda_Murk said:

I hate when games add new game plus/or additional difficulties as dlc trophies.  I usually don't mind grinding through one more playthrough if its for a platinum but a lot of the time I cant bring myself to do it if its just to get %100.  This is why The Last of Us ps4, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man are both at like 98% lol.  Maybe one day I'll have the urge to go back and play them but I doubt it the backlog has grown monstrous.  I can't imagine its that difficult to put new game plus in from the start but I'm not a developer so who knows.  

WEAK. GET THE 100% ?

• Like 3

It's a toss between online trophies and those "play for X amount of hours!" ones when it's always way above what the game requires (looking at you Trails/Kiseki games). Extra bonus points when playtime doesn't even carry over subsequent playthroughs. I hate leaving my console to idle just so my characters can stare at a wall for an extra 20 hours.

Edited by Koppa

It used to be multiplayer trophies, but having recently played NieR Replicant; one of the trophies requires a 15+ hour grind for RNG drops. Easily makes it the worst type of requirement. The game itself took 30 hours to complete, all 5 endings. Adding another 15 hours of mindless grinding is completely unnecessary.