what the estimated time to plat for this game

Kai_armour95

Hey, I just knocked this plat out in half a day.

I would say that it takes about 5-15 hours depending on skill, especially with the minigame stuff.

Getting a 25x multiplyer on survival took me 2 hours alone.

If you want to get it as quickly as possible, make sure to use the cloud saving or cross-saving feature every few missions so that you can do the 100 missions trophy in your first playthrough.

You can quit the game and it will remember your mission progress as long as you dont die.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SleepyFroggy said:

Hey, I just knocked this plat out in half a day.

I would say that it takes about 5-15 hours depending on skill, especially with the minigame stuff.

Getting a 25x multiplyer on survival took me 2 hours alone.

If you want to get it as quickly as possible, make sure to use the cloud saving or cross-saving feature every few missions so that you can do the 100 missions trophy in your first playthrough.

You can quit the game and it will remember your mission progress as long as you dont die.

ty for tips

On 2/7/2019 at 10:41 AM, HworanG_1 said:

Can you tell me how to do this sh*t? It's f*cking unreall

Scuttle Bonus
Destroy your own plane before it hits the ground after ejecting from it

It's falling down so quick, I can't do anything

eject while your plane is on fire and flying straight up into the clouds. youll only need to shoot it a few times to blow it up. its not hard.

note though that i couldnt get it to unlock in training mode. had to do it in the normal campaign.

1 hour ago, EightBitArtist said:

eject while your plane is on fire and flying straight up into the clouds. youll only need to shoot it a few times to blow it up. its not hard.

note though that i couldnt get it to unlock in training mode. had to do it in the normal campaign.

Yep, thanks for the tip, i've done it already.
Next hard thing were air steals, but with a bit of the practice I made it.
Plat took 6-7 hours with a little brake

On 2/6/2019 at 11:36 PM, Kai_armour95 said:

thinking about platinuming this game just curious how long i would need to invest

I started playing the game with no intention of platting it but got hooked so much that I earned the majority of the non-mission-related trophies without even trying, they came naturally. The only grindy trophies were the one for 100 missions (backing up your save file makes it very easy yet still a bit time-consuming) and maybe the one for 25x multiplier in the Survival mode (just need to get lucky with Aerial Steals as these can be finicky). I only played on the Vita and the gameplay was very smooth with barely noticeable loading times, overall I spent about 10 hours spread over three days with this game and I highly recommend it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, det_gittes said:

The only grindy trophies were the one for 100 missions (backing up your save file makes it very easy yet still a bit time-consuming)

How does backing up file works without an usb? What are the necessary steps?

Sorry ,I didn't use this feature for a platinum hunt before haha

11 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

How does backing up file works without an usb? What are the necessary steps?

Sorry ,I didn't use this feature for a platinum hunt before haha

Well, the game saves after each mission so once you've completed a mission, you press the Playstation button (on the Vita) and then upload your save to the cloud by clicking on the top right Plus icon (I believe you need a PS+ subscription for that), then return to the game (it only takes a few seconds as the game does not need to be closed). If you die, you load the save from the cloud (which takes a minute or so as the game has to be shut down and restarted). In the case of this game, you will probably not have to load the save many times as the difficulty level is not too high. That being said, completing all 100 levels without dying would be a good challenge as it's easy to make a silly mistake.

EDIT: I looked at your profile and I see that you're playing on PS4 - the process there is similar but you'll find the option to back up your save somewhere in the Settings if I remember correctly (Manage your saved data or something like that).

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-03-07 at 11:51 AM, zombiesateme said:

Given how objectives are handled, is it possible to just land and rearm/refuel and complete multiple missions in one go?

Not exactly. You are given only one mission at a time. You must complete it, and come back to base/carrier/air field to get the next mission.

However, you can sometimes complete the next mission pre-emptively.

As an example, let’s say the misssion is defeat 6 planes, and on the way to the encounter you destroy the next air field, and a weapons depot and POW camp. When you turn in the planes mission, if your next mission (and I believe these are random), was destroy the weapons depot, you’ll get a message “way ahead of you sarge” and automatically complete that mission.

I think I’ve had 3, maybe 4 missions simultaneously completed.

This is a bit random though, so more likely you’ll be doing missions one at a time.

Have just plated this, took me a lot longer than 15 hours but spent a lot of time on the 100 missions.

The only trophies I found difficult were the aerial steels to unlock the potato mode & 25 kills in survival.

I found the best way to get aerial steels was to fly away from the carrier to 50 metres, then turn & fly back, heading just below the level of the enemy plane indicator. As the indicator gets bigger, drop to about 50% speed (right joystick). As soon as the enemy plane appears on screen, it should be just above you. press circle 2x & you should get a steel. Then fly away again - I found it best to fly away 50, 100, 150 to give adequate time to drop speed & get the right level :)

I thought steels might be needed to get the 25 survival kills, but when I got it I didn't make any steels at all, just use boost once you have 5+ kills and fly in circles, I found that the easiest way.

I think I spent 2 hours on survival & about the same on 5x multiplier over the islands. Plus maybe 20 hours on the 100 missions and an hour is so in training - where a lot of the trophies can be earned for landing etc.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

You can knock this out in 2 days pretty easily utilizing cloud saves. Saved me a few times on the 100 missions. A few of the arcade trophies may take you 2-5 attempts but you'll get them. The biggest pain in the but is Mission 100 and beating the Mecha Baron so save right before that one and you'll be fine. 

• 8 months later...
On 2019-02-15 at 6:55 AM, det_gittes said:

I started playing the game with no intention of platting it but got hooked so much

Same thing happened to me, totally hooked now! This game is actually insanely fun and addicting!

I really love how simple and ready-to-play this game is too. It boots up in about 10 seconds, and you can just jump straight into a game within seconds. I’m finding it to be a total blast to play for a couple hours here and there when I just want to relax, or if I need a break from a more tedious game I’m working on etc.

I know this post is pretty useless, but I just couldn’t resist, I had to rave about this game somewhere. If anybody else is browsing this forum because they’re thinking of checking out Rogue Aces, just like I was a few weeks ago, just go for it man!! It’s awesome! ?

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Same thing happened to me, totally hooked now! This game is actually insanely fun and addicting!

I really love how simple and ready-to-play this game is too. It boots up in about 10 seconds, and you can just jump straight into a game within seconds. I’m finding it to be a total blast to play for a couple hours here and there when I just want to relax, or if I need a break from a more tedious game I’m working on etc.

I know this post is pretty useless, but I just couldn’t resist, I had to rave about this game somewhere. If anybody else is browsing this forum because they’re thinking of checking out Rogue Aces, just like I was a few weeks ago, just go for it man!! It’s awesome! 1f601.png

I don't mind posts like yours as these indie game can really fly under the radar and people's recommendations can be helpful. If you enjoy Rogue Aces, then I suggest that you try out King Oddball (if you have it from PS+), it's different but it fits the scenario where a game quickly loads up, is super addictive and can be played for short bursts of time. King Oddball is not a plat though, just a 100%, but has two separate lists for the Vita and PS4. 

15 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I don't mind posts like yours as these indie game can really fly under the radar and people's recommendations can be helpful. If you enjoy Rogue Aces, then I suggest that you try out King Oddball (if you have it from PS+), it's different but it fits the scenario where a game quickly loads up, is super addictive and can be played for short bursts of time. King Oddball is not a plat though, just a 100%, but has two separate lists for the Vita and PS4. 

Unfortunately I don’t have King Oddball from PS Plus, but I’ve added it to my ever-growing list of games to keep an eye out for on the store. I’m always looking for hidden gems like this. Thank you for the suggestion! ?